28 replies to this topic

#1 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:16 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=314096

ESPN.com is reporting that Chicago Blackhawks defenceman Brian Campbell may miss the remainder of the season due to a broken clavicle and ribs suffered when he was driven into the boards from behind by the Washington Capitals' superstar on Sunday.

Campbell remained on the ice for several minutes before being helped to the dressing room by trainers. Ovechkin received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct on the play.

While Blackhawks' head coach Joel Quenville did not confirm that Campbell's season was over, he did expect to be without his blueliner for an extended period of time.

"[Campbell] is going to be out for a bit," Quenville said following the game. "It was a tough hit, a dangerous hit."

Well, not like I feel sorry for any other team and their injuries after the season the Wings' had (especially the Blackhawks) but it sure is interesting.

Here is the thread talking about Ovechkin's hit on Campbell.

I thought this deserved its own thread for those that may not read the Ovechkin thread.

Edited by rage, 15 March 2010 - 01:18 AM.

Posted Image

#2 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:40 AM

Wow. I was at the game today and saw a few replays. Didn't look good. Looked like he lost an edge at the wrong time, and Ovechkin never let up. Their defense hasn't been nearly as good lately and this could hurt them even more. Sure will be interesting.
Posted Image

#3 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:04 AM

huh. i've always thought campbell was a little overrated, but he's still a significant part of their team. it'll be interesting to see how they respond to this.

go wings.

#4 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:07 AM

possible sign of the apocalypse for the blackhawks?

#5 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:18 AM

possible sign of the apocalypse for the blackhawks?

lets hope so
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#6 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

any word if he will play in the playoffs? broken ribs are a motherf***er and ouch! clavicle!

#7 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

any word if he will play in the playoffs? broken ribs are a motherf***er and ouch! clavicle!

Don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me? Playoffs?

#8 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:08 AM

This is all because they have the Q behind the bench. Chicago will not win anything. And since they have to move several players next year due to the cap, it really sucks for them.

Their defense just got weaker, and their goaltending is already suspect. Doesn't sound like a recipe for a cup to me.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:31 AM

I certainly won't shed a tear.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#10 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:55 AM

The Blackhawks are struggling a bit on defense, and he's like +2 since the first of the year, which considering the team he is on, isn't that good.

So it may help the Blackhawks a bit defensively. Certainly it won't hurt them if he's able to come back in the playoffs fresh either.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#11 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:13 AM

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#12 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

Is he back for playoffs or he will be missing some time?

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

Is he back for playoffs or he will be missing some time?

He's done for the year, period. A broken clavicle can potentially take several months to heal.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#14 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

damn, wonder if any suspensions for ovie?

#15 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

Well, if Campbell wants to be "consistent", he is going to give Ovechkin 4 games, just like he gave Lapierre for almost the exact same hit.

I plan on holding my breath until that happens. :shocking:
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#16 Mickey Redmond

Mickey Redmond

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:50 AM

goddamnit Campbell is on my fantasy team

Ovie should of just waited for Campbell to do that sick spin move he does every game and layed him out then.

#17 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:02 AM

The Hossa cures is starting to work its magic

#18 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

Blackhawks in my mind don't deserve to be where they are. Their team was built from good draft picks due to years of failure, not hard work and smart drafting. Chicago, like Washington like Pittsburgh were given good teams. Detroit could of done poorly for a 5 year stretch and landed a few top 5 draft picks, did it the easy way. But they did it through quality management.

#19 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Blackhawks in my mind don't deserve to be where they are. Their team was built from good draft picks due to years of failure, not hard work and smart drafting. Chicago, like Washington like Pittsburgh were given good teams. Detroit could of done poorly for a 5 year stretch and landed a few top 5 draft picks, did it the easy way. But they did it through quality management.

Not every top pick is a guarantee.

Hell, last I checked when the Wings were in Chicago's position they had a top pick named Yzerman...

You still have to give a team some credit for not busting on picks like Daigle or Bonk.

But Chicago hasn't won anything yet so they still have a lot to prove before giving them credit on building a successful franchise.

#20 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

Not every top pick is a guarantee.

Hell, last I checked when the Wings were in Chicago's position they had a top pick named Yzerman...

You still have to give a team some credit for not busting on picks like Daigle or Bonk.

But Chicago hasn't won anything yet so they still have a lot to prove before giving them credit on building a successful franchise.

Yzerman is one of the only top picks the Wings made something out of. Lidstrom, Osgood, Fedorov, Konstantinov, Kozlov, Lapointe, McCarty, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, ect were all picked very late, when most of those players could easily been a top pick with the way their careers have panned out. A reason for Detroit's success is being able to spot diamonds in the rough that nobody else noticed.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 15 March 2010 - 10:46 AM.