• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rage

Report: Hawks' Campbell Out For Season

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=314096

ESPN.com is reporting that Chicago Blackhawks defenceman Brian Campbell may miss the remainder of the season due to a broken clavicle and ribs suffered when he was driven into the boards from behind by the Washington Capitals' superstar on Sunday.

Campbell remained on the ice for several minutes before being helped to the dressing room by trainers. Ovechkin received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct on the play.

While Blackhawks' head coach Joel Quenville did not confirm that Campbell's season was over, he did expect to be without his blueliner for an extended period of time.

"[Campbell] is going to be out for a bit," Quenville said following the game. "It was a tough hit, a dangerous hit."

Well, not like I feel sorry for any other team and their injuries after the season the Wings' had (especially the Blackhawks) but it sure is interesting.

Here is the thread talking about Ovechkin's hit on Campbell.

I thought this deserved its own thread for those that may not read the Ovechkin thread.

Edited by rage

Wow. I was at the game today and saw a few replays. Didn't look good. Looked like he lost an edge at the wrong time, and Ovechkin never let up. Their defense hasn't been nearly as good lately and this could hurt them even more. Sure will be interesting.

Guest Crymson

any word if he will play in the playoffs? broken ribs are a motherf***er and ouch! clavicle!

Don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me? Playoffs?

This is all because they have the Q behind the bench. Chicago will not win anything. And since they have to move several players next year due to the cap, it really sucks for them.

Their defense just got weaker, and their goaltending is already suspect. Doesn't sound like a recipe for a cup to me.

The Blackhawks are struggling a bit on defense, and he's like +2 since the first of the year, which considering the team he is on, isn't that good.

So it may help the Blackhawks a bit defensively. Certainly it won't hurt them if he's able to come back in the playoffs fresh either.

Well, if Campbell wants to be "consistent", he is going to give Ovechkin 4 games, just like he gave Lapierre for almost the exact same hit.

I plan on holding my breath until that happens. :shocking:

Blackhawks in my mind don't deserve to be where they are. Their team was built from good draft picks due to years of failure, not hard work and smart drafting. Chicago, like Washington like Pittsburgh were given good teams. Detroit could of done poorly for a 5 year stretch and landed a few top 5 draft picks, did it the easy way. But they did it through quality management.

Blackhawks in my mind don't deserve to be where they are. Their team was built from good draft picks due to years of failure, not hard work and smart drafting. Chicago, like Washington like Pittsburgh were given good teams. Detroit could of done poorly for a 5 year stretch and landed a few top 5 draft picks, did it the easy way. But they did it through quality management.

Not every top pick is a guarantee.

Hell, last I checked when the Wings were in Chicago's position they had a top pick named Yzerman...

You still have to give a team some credit for not busting on picks like Daigle or Bonk.

But Chicago hasn't won anything yet so they still have a lot to prove before giving them credit on building a successful franchise.

Not every top pick is a guarantee.

Hell, last I checked when the Wings were in Chicago's position they had a top pick named Yzerman...

You still have to give a team some credit for not busting on picks like Daigle or Bonk.

But Chicago hasn't won anything yet so they still have a lot to prove before giving them credit on building a successful franchise.

Yzerman is one of the only top picks the Wings made something out of. Lidstrom, Osgood, Fedorov, Konstantinov, Kozlov, Lapointe, McCarty, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, ect were all picked very late, when most of those players could easily been a top pick with the way their careers have panned out. A reason for Detroit's success is being able to spot diamonds in the rough that nobody else noticed.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

oh come on... how can you say they don't deserve to be where they are at... they were a crappy team for a long time, got good players through the draft, and are now one of the best teams in the league... nothing is a given in this league. Sure, it helped to get a lot of top picks, but they still have played hard all season to get where they are at in the standings; you can't take that away from them. What about that 2002 cup team? They signed Hull, Hasek, and Robatille because there was no salary cap. They had the second highest payroll only the the NY rangers. Did they deserve to win that year? Yes. They still had to go out, play the games, and win.

oh come on... how can you say they don't deserve to be where they are at... they were a crappy team for a long time, got good players through the draft, and are now one of the best teams in the league... nothing is a given in this league. Sure, it helped to get a lot of top picks, but they still have played hard all season to get where they are at in the standings; you can't take that away from them. What about that 2002 cup team? They signed Hull, Hasek, and Robatille because there was no salary cap. They had the second highest payroll only the the NY rangers. Did they deserve to win that year? Yes. They still had to go out, play the games, and win.

And who won the Conn Smythe that year? Lidstrom. I'm pretty sure he was drafted by the Wings. :cool:

This is all because they have the Q behind the bench. Chicago will not win anything. And since they have to move several players next year due to the cap, it really sucks for them.

Their defense just got weaker, and their goaltending is already suspect. Doesn't sound like a recipe for a cup to me.

defense? what defense? I thought he played "spin-o-rama"...

Chicago fans are probably happier with him out. His a turnover machine and he can't play defense.

He maybe be vastly overpaid, but he's a solid puck moving defenseman. Not too mention he has less turnovers than Keith and Seabrook.

He's a pretty big part of their defenseman, especially considering they don't have much depth.

It's a pretty significant loss for them. He's the backbone of their second D pair, he's their equivalent to Kronwall(albeit less skilled/physical).