• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/15 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Flames 1

Rate this topic

The guys played hard, but I gotta wonder why someone like Helm gets a fraction of the ice that Cleary or Bert gets. Dan Cleary seems tired this year. How old is he again? Cleary gets 17 minutes while Helm gets 10? For some reason Babcock think Cleary is a top 6 forward. Give Helm those minutes and watch s*** happen.

Ahh, THOSE are the Wings I fell in love with 8 years ago!

No panic, keep pressing and dominated most of the game. I liked that win, a little too nervous watching it though. Glad Franzen took the shot, perfect Holmstrom tip.

The guys played hard, but I gotta wonder why someone like Helm gets a fraction of the ice that Cleary or Bert gets. Dan Cleary seems tired this year. How old is he again? Cleary gets 17 minutes while Helm gets 10? For some reason Babcock think Cleary is a top 6 forward. Give Helm those minutes and watch s*** happen.

Something is seriously wrong with Cleary. He is such a better skater than Holmstrom (at least skating straight) but can't provide half the offense he can. And all he did this game was skate straight into a Calgary defenseman, turn the puck over, and on some occasions fall down.

Cleary is a solid player, doesn't really excel at any aspect of the game. If he was Bert's size, than he would be a demon in the corners, but he doesn't really have the shot, speed, playmaking or defense to stand out. He does have heart, and that can make a difference like in game 7 Anaheim last year.

Homer, on the other hand, is a maestro in front of the net, but beyond that, I think he is one of the smartest players out there. He rarely makes stupid plays ala Bert and always seems to know when to get the puck deep. Yes, his skating is a huge liability, but he can dangle a bit and is big enough to battle in the corners. Plus no one, I mean no one plays better with Nick on the point shot. I will be a sad panda when the Lidstrom/Holmstrom connection retires.

Edited by clutchngrab

Just got back.

Our defense looked really jekyll and hyde - the giveaway that led to the Calgary goal was brutal, but they put up the brick wall on the PK. I'll take the two points, particularly in such a tight race for a playoff spot.

Yeah, the Olympic break didnt work for Dano. 1 assist and -3 in 8 games. Where in the previous 8 games before the break 3g 1a -1. He's still hitting better then anyone not named Helm or Eaves, but I think he be placed on the 3rd line. Try and get his game going in a role he's less depended on, besides it couldnt hurt putting a little pressure on Bert to pick up his production with more ice and better linemates.

“I feel like I’m healthy. It’s much more fun," Holmstrom said. “It’s so tough when you’re battling through injuries. You’re limping around and still trying to play, but it’s so (much) different when you can be healthy. When you’re healthy, every stride doesn’t hurt, then you can concentrate on playing hockey and do what you’re supposed to do out there."

Guest Lidstromboli

didn't get to see the game

glad to see dats is still putting em in the net

I can't believe that if the Wings had the amount of points they did today in the East then they would be 5th. Ah well, another day.

Gotta love the little bit of breathing room. Love the breathing room.

Watched the game this morning. Phew. That was a nailbiter. Huge goals by Datsyuk and Holmstrom.

Wings definitely deserved the win. Calgary played nothing but defense after they went up 1-0.

I hope the guys start looking up towards 7th and higher now, leave this 8th/9th BS behind us once and for all.