• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

I don't want to face the Blackhawks because there might be a chance that Campbell wont be there to help us :ph34r:

#22 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

:rolleyes:

Are you kidding?

We still have to battle to get into the playoffs at all, and you're already talking about hoping that we'll finish 5th. We're like at least ten points behind 5th if not fifteen points behind.

As I said earlier, we're finishing anywhere from 7-9, and I'll take anything but 9.

Let me just sit back and appreciate this right here. GMR in his typically dickish attitude decides to rolls his eyes and be a dick but still be completely wrong. Awesome. Wanna start a discussion about enforcers now too?

It's not unfathomable that we could catch Colorado and LA, even Phoenix depending on how they finish the season. 15 more points would mean we'd be 1 point behind San Jose and leading the division.

#23 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

They have Stanley Cup Champion Tomas Kopecky.

I saw it on their website at the beginning of the season, in big letters: The Chicago Blackhawks welcome Marion Hossa and Stanley Cup Champion Tomas Kopecky.

He hasn't had his annual season-ending injury yet. That's how he wins cups. We must hope he stays healthy or we are screwed.

/goofiness

You forgot to mention that they also have a stanley cup choker.

:lol:

#24 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

Let me just sit back and appreciate this right here. GMR in his typically dickish attitude decides to rolls his eyes and be a dick but still be completely wrong. Awesome. Wanna start a discussion about enforcers now too?

It's not unfathomable that we could catch Colorado and LA, even Phoenix depending on how they finish the season. 15 more points would mean we'd be 1 point behind San Jose and leading the division.

:thumbup:

my thoughts exactly. He makes a statement, someone then refutes his statement with fact, and then he dismisses it by saying "after the loss to Calgary last week, everyone said we were done blah blah blah". Heaven forbid you be wrong just once. I still think it's very reasonable we could grab the 5 spot, especially if we stay hot.

#25 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

And 3 points out of 9th.

Last week, after losing to Calgary people here were saying it's over, and now after beating Calgary, we're looking at the number 5 seed. Very comical.

The problem here is you're pretending two different subsets of fans are the same group. There are plenty of people who were predicting doom, gloom, and no playoffs. Whatever. There were others, like myself, who said to keep the faith, we'll be just fine. And so far, we are just fine. I'm not saying we'll take the 5 seed, I'm saying it's only a few points away AND THE NUMBER YOU HAVE GIVEN US WAS FLAT OUTf****** WRONG. Stop deflecting, man up, and admit you were either wrong or abusing hyperbole like a redheaded stepchild.
*this space for rent*

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

So, I was wrong about the numbers. Big freaking deal guys. :rolleyes: Just for you Louisville.

My point was not to overreact about how high we can finish. Let's just be happy to finish in the top 8. I'll take that at this point the way this season has gone. It's unlikely that we can finish as high as 5th or even 6th.

The problem here is you're pretending two different subsets of fans are the same group. There are plenty of people who were predicting doom, gloom, and no playoffs. Whatever. There were others, like myself, who said to keep the faith, we'll be just fine. And so far, we are just fine. I'm not saying we'll take the 5 seed, I'm saying it's only a few points away AND THE NUMBER YOU HAVE GIVEN US WAS FLAT OUTf****** WRONG. Stop deflecting, man up, and admit you were either wrong or abusing hyperbole like a redheaded stepchild.

Don't make me go MillerBrew on you.

I'm not in the mood.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

A positive from this arguably negative season. Every year there is a lower seed team that is poised to make some noise, not necessarily a dark horse, but a lower seed that will cause trouble. Last year it was the Ducks as GMR pointed out. I am happy to say that team will be the Red Wings this season. We all know that this team is not a 7th or 8th seed and that is obviously why the Hawks would rather play someone else in the first round :). Paraphrasing the words of Kris Draper in 1998, we had been knocking on the front door for the past few of years, this year we are going to try sneaking in the back (even though the "back" was 3rd in the West then). And we all know what happened!

Edited by superstarsingh, 16 March 2010 - 08:33 PM.

#28 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

So, I was wrong about the numbers. Big freaking deal guys. :rolleyes: Just for you Louisville.

My point was not to overreact about how high we can finish. Let's just be happy to finish in the top 8. I'll take that at this point the way this season has gone. It's unlikely that we can finish as high as 5th or even 6th.

Don't make me go MillerBrew on you.

I'm not in the mood.

Do what you have to, internet big guy. Do what you have to.
*this space for rent*

#29 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

I don't sense fear from them at all.I think they respect the Wings,they may hate us a tad but also respect us at the same time.I have the utmost respect for these 2 fine young gentlemen.They're great hockey players on a good team.If they were on our team we'd love em.I think they're going to be stars in this league for years to come.Good for them.

Yeah except one of these fine young millionaires likes to f*** with Cabbies trying to eek out a living. I'll pass on Citizen Kane.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#30 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:12 AM

Toews is awesome! great player, little ego and see alot of stevie wonder in him!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#31 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:20 AM

Toews is awesome! great player, little ego and see alot of stevie wonder in him!

You see a disabled and yet supremely talented musician? Kidding, kidding... :hehe:

Yeah I like Toews. And his funny looks.

#32 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:35 AM

The interview was surprisingly enjoyable. Toews seems like a class act and Kane actually came across like a solid kid. I can't wait for the day when neither one of them look pubescent, though.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#33 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

Blackhawks aren't really scared to play us just they probably know that if there is going to be an upset we will be the team to upset someone. It would be nice to see the Hawks get upset by us but I am not sure if we will even be playing them in the first round.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#34 brettq

brettq

Prospect

• Gold Booster
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

Not sure about Toews or Kane, but Quenneville's pants smell like fecal matter.

#35 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

:rolleyes:

Are you kidding?

We still have to battle to get into the playoffs at all, and you're already talking about hoping that we'll finish 5th. We're like at least ten points behind 5th if not fifteen points behind.

As I said earlier, we're finishing anywhere from 7-9, and I'll take anything but 9.

What the hell are you reading. We are 6 points out of fifth place Colorado is in 5th with 86 points and we have 80. Both teams have played the same number of games.

Are all of your posts so completely wrong?
Do or do not. There is no try

#36 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

Howard will suck

Lilja will never play again

Holmstrom should hang it up

Ericsson will be great this year

The Wings will miss the playoffs

Reasons that I don't take many of the posters on here seriously.
Do or do not. There is no try

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

What the hell are you reading. We are 6 points out of fifth place Colorado is in 5th with 86 points and we have 80. Both teams have played the same number of games.

Are all of your posts so completely wrong?

Yes, they're all completely wrong.

Your posts are always completely right.

Keep up the good work chris. :thumbup:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#38 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

Yes, they're all completely wrong.

Your posts are always completely right.

Keep up the good work chris. :thumbup:

Retired agitator my ass. You still got it in you. If you really did retire you did so in a manner like Mase and Jay-Z.

#39 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

Howard will suck

Lilja will never play again

Holmstrom should hang it up

Ericsson will be great this year

The Wings will miss the playoffs

Reasons that I don't take many of the posters on here seriously.

Well, Howard was a big ? since he barely had much NHL experience before this season. Thankfully he has pretty much proven everybody wrong. I would pay you $10 though if you would've predicted this to happen though.

It was quite possible that Lilja might not play again. Nothing was heard new of his condition until about a week or so before he finally got cleared to play again.

And it still might be entirely possible that the Wings still miss the playoffs, even though they greatly improved their chances Monday night. Almost as much as possible as them getting up to a 5 seed which GMR rolled his eyes like a smart allec at.

Way to go though with things that haven't nothing to do with the topic at hand though and the holier than thou attitude. Makes you look real good... :huh: :unsure:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 17 March 2010 - 02:05 PM.

#40 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

I wonder if people forget sometimes that everyone. everywhere. always. has. access.
to what we type on the interwebs. I guess it's relatively easy to forget that it's not a peer to peer closed conversation.

or people just don't give a crap.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/