• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Free Agents

Rate this topic

Just trying to get a gauge on what people think heading into the offseason. Do you guys think the Wings will have the caproom to bring in any talented free agents. You think we will sign any new faces over the summer and does anyone have anyone realistically they would like to see sign with the Wings?

yep hudler the only new guy if any. need to resign lids, homer, lilja, helm, miller, eaves, malts? lebda? bert? williams? meech? lot of ppl to resign.

who i might like to see? afinogenov, frolov, or sutton

Edited by brett

yep hudler the only new guy if any. need to resign lids, homer, lilja, helm, miller, eaves, malts? lebda? bert? williams? meech? lot of ppl to resign.

who i might like to see? afinogenov, frolov, or sutton

I agree I wouldn't mind seeing Afinogenov in the winged wheel but we had the chance at the start of this year to sign him instead of Bert or a couple others and we passed on that so I don't think the chances are good. Plus I am not sure what his contract is right now and if he is even a free agent at the end of the year.

Torres and Hudler please.

Raffi Torres at 2.5/yr for 2 yrs would be nice. Torres and Hudler would really improve the 2nd and third lines and both would come at under 3mil/yr for the next two years. Dumping J-Softy and Berslowzi along with Lids taking a pay cut (3.5-4mil/yr for 2yrs would be great) would get them both on board no problem. Meech can go elsewhere, Kindl comes up, Eaves is re-signed, Homer is re-signed, Miller is let go, Abdelkader is brought up, Lilja is re-signed for around the same money for 2yrs. These changes along with a "healthy" year from our top guys and a better year out of Filppula would go a long ways toward staying at the top of the conference rather than battling it out at the bottom.

Homer-Dats-Franzen

Hudler-Z-Cleary

Torres-Filppula-Helm

Eaves-Draper-Abdelkader

Lids-Rafi

Stewie-Kronner

Lilja-Lebda/Kindl

Ericsson

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Torres and Hudler please.

Raffi Torres at 2.5/yr for 2 yrs would be nice. Torres and Hudler would really improve the 2nd and third lines and both would come at under 3mil/yr for the next two years. Dumping J-Softy and Berslowzi along with Lids taking a pay cut (3.5-4mil/yr for 2yrs would be great) would get them both on board no problem. Meech can go elsewhere, Kindl comes up, Eaves is re-signed, Homer is re-signed, Miller is let go, Abdelkader is brought up, Lilja is re-signed for around the same money for 2yrs. These changes along with a "healthy" year from our top guys and a better year out of Filppula would go a long ways toward staying at the top of the conference rather than battling it out at the bottom.

Homer-Dats-Franzen

Hudler-Z-Cleary

Torres-Filppula-Helm

Eaves-Draper-Abdelkader

Lids-Rafi

Stewie-Kronner

Lilja-Lebda/Kindl

Ericsson

Exactly what I would do If Lid's resigned at that money, though I'd put Fil on the 2nd line centering Zetterberg and Huds, and would try to retain Miller. If Holmstrom retires, I have always liked Matthew Lombardi also, and if he could get signed for maybe 2.5 or a bit over, I'd be all over him.

In that situation maybe roll something like...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Torres (I'm not kidding I think this guy has some untapped potential, and if you put him with dats he could top 30 goals and 50 points)

Zetterberg-Filppula-Hudler (Val sets them up, Hudler and Zetterberg finish, resulting in a return to form for Z and marquee years for both of the younger guns.)

Cleary-Lombardi-Miller (fast and tenacious 3rd line that would also have a lot more talent that most others, creating good mismatchs... basically an upgraded EDH line)

Draper-Helm-Eaves

(Abdelkader)

Lidstrom-Raffi

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Kindl/Ericcson rotate

Lebda is traded for a 6th.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

There are so many options this off-season for the Wings, guys i wouldn't bring back Meech,Lebda,Maltby(only because i think Abby will replace him),Williams,Miller. Guys like Kindl and Janik will come up.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Zetterberg-Filppula-Hudler

Bertuzzi-Cleary-Afinogenov

Abdelkader-Helm-Draper

Eaves

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Rafalski-Stuart

Lilja-Kindl

Janik/Ericcson

Howard

Osgood

and if we don't get Hudler back maybe a guy like Ponikarovsky,Torres,Plekanec,Wellwood

Franzen($3,954,545)-Datsyuk($6,700,000)-Holmstrom($1,500,000)

Zetterberg($6,083,333)-Flippula($3,000,000)-Wellwood($1,500,000)

Bertuzzi($1,500,000)-Cleary($2,800,000)-Afinogenov($1,000,000)

Abdelkader($900,000)-Helm($850,000)-Draper($1,583,333)

Eaves($500,000)

Rafalski($6,000,000)-Kronwall($3,000,000)

Stuart($3,750,000)-Volchenkov($3,500,000)

Lilja($1,000,000)-Kindl($883,000)

Ericcson($900,000)

Howard($716,667)

Osgood($1,416,667)

Worse case Lidstrom retires and without Miller,Lebda,Meech,Maltby,Williams and obviously Lidstrom ($11,491,333mill to spend)not sure how the salary to cap hit works for example Franzen salary is$5,500,000 but cap hit is$3,954,545

so not sure what i gave Wellwood,Volchenkov,Afinogenov cash would stay that way or drop but as is ($61,137,545) not saying its going to happen just an idea

Edited by king_malice

I would love to get Kesler, but I know he's an RFA and it would never happen. There's probably a better chance that Toronto wins the cup this year.

but imagine...

Pav

Kesler

Filppula

Helm

That's depth at center, and Z is in the fold too!

Franzen($3,954,545)-Datsyuk($6,700,000)-Holmstrom($1,500,000)

Zetterberg($6,083,333)-Flippula($3,000,000)-Wellwood($1,500,000)

I don't get why Wellwood is so wanted here... He is good and all but he lacks few minor things... heart, intensity, commitments. Accidentally these are things our coach really like.

The love for Wellwood on this board is insane. Hoenstly, I don't get it. I live in Toronto and obviously got to watch him a ton when he was a Leaf and let me tell you, he is nothign special. I know he has improved in his time in Vancouver but he still is nothing special. For $1.2M this year in 63 games the guy has 10 goals and 10 assists. We're getting the exact same production out of Darren Helm plus the heart, energy, determination, work ethic and more. There is zero need for Kyle Wellwood in Detroit.

we have too much to re-sign as it is - lock up those guys and bring back Hudler, then leave a little space for movement/deadline

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($1.100m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.250m)

Drew Miller ($0.525m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($3.450m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $55.638m; CAP ROOM: $1.162m BONUSES: $0.000m

Edited by stevkrause

Patric Hornqvist.

Any chance we can lure him away and have Homer teach him everything he can?

That'd be awesome but there's no way they'd give him up.

The love for Wellwood on this board is insane. Hoenstly, I don't get it. I live in Toronto and obviously got to watch him a ton when he was a Leaf and let me tell you, he is nothign special. I know he has improved in his time in Vancouver but he still is nothing special. For $1.2M this year in 63 games the guy has 10 goals and 10 assists. We're getting the exact same production out of Darren Helm plus the heart, energy, determination, work ethic and more. There is zero need for Kyle Wellwood in Detroit.

This. Hell, Williams is better than Wellwood.

we have too much to re-sign as it is - lock up those guys and bring back Hudler, then leave a little space for movement/deadline

Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($1.100m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.250m)

Drew Miller ($0.525m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $55.638m; CAP ROOM: $1.162m BONUSES: $0.000m

This is a likely scenario.

I would make the arguement that Hudler plays out his contract and stays in Russia next year and that the Wings release Bertuzzi.

Ritola is out of minor league options and he will be fighting for 12/13th forward. If the Wings re-sign him as a RFA.

Using your numbers:

Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / FREE AGENT

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($1.100m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.250m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Drew Miller ($0.525m)

Mattais Ritola ($0.600m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

That leaves $3.775m to sign a 2nd line winger OR $4.937m if they want to spend to the cap.

This is a likely scenario.

I would make the arguement that Hudler plays out his contract and stays in Russia next year and that the Wings release Bertuzzi.

Ritola is out of minor league options and he will be fighting for 12/13th forward. If the Wings re-sign him as a RFA.

Using your numbers:

Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / FREE AGENT

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($1.100m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.250m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Drew Miller ($0.525m)

Mattais Ritola ($0.600m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

That leaves $3.775m to sign a 2nd line winger OR $4.937m if they want to spend to the cap.

That is a very reasonable scenario as well...

EDIT - thought Backstrom was an UFA - rescinded

Edited by stevkrause

What about RFA's who do you guys think is worth the cost ? i'd say the only ones i'd pay the price for are Backstrom,Kesler and maybe...maybe Ryan. I wouldn't mind it at ll if Kenny boy gve up some picks for these guys especially Backstrom as young as he is hes awsome now and is only getting better. I'm not sure but what exactly does it cost for say i guy like Backstrom ? Drake you seem to know alot in this area.

What about RFA's who do you guys think is worth the cost ? i'd say the only ones i'd pay the price for are Backstrom,Kesler and maybe...maybe Ryan. I wouldn't mind it at ll if Kenny boy gve up some picks for these guys especially Backstrom as young as he is hes awsome now and is only getting better. I'm not sure but what exactly does it cost for say i guy like Backstrom ? Drake you seem to know alot in this area.

there's no way Kenny extends an offer sheet, just not his style...

Those players are young and are building block/franchise players. They would never be traded for picks.

Edited by Original-Six

there's no way Kenny extends an offer sheet, just not his style...

Didn't the Wings' nearly extend an offer sheet to Roberto Luongo in '06 when he was an RFA in Florida? It was just the trade to Vancouver that nixed the plan.

In a cap world, I don't think offer sheets have nearly the same stigma around them as before (unless you talk to Brian Burke). The only thing is, if we ever send out an offer sheet, we would certainly have to overpay. I wouldn't mind overpaying for the likes of Nicklas Backstrom or Bobby Ryan, but we probably aren't in a good position for doing that this summer.