• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Free Agents

Rate this topic

Torres and Hudler please.

Raffi Torres at 2.5/yr for 2 yrs would be nice. Torres and Hudler would really improve the 2nd and third lines and both would come at under 3mil/yr for the next two years. Dumping J-Softy and Berslowzi along with Lids taking a pay cut (3.5-4mil/yr for 2yrs would be great) would get them both on board no problem. Meech can go elsewhere, Kindl comes up, Eaves is re-signed, Homer is re-signed, Miller is let go, Abdelkader is brought up, Lilja is re-signed for around the same money for 2yrs. These changes along with a "healthy" year from our top guys and a better year out of Filppula would go a long ways toward staying at the top of the conference rather than battling it out at the bottom.

Homer-Dats-Franzen

Hudler-Z-Cleary

Torres-Filppula-Helm

Eaves-Draper-Abdelkader

Lids-Rafi

Stewie-Kronner

Lilja-Lebda/Kindl

Ericsson

I think you are on the right track. One problem is that you have 8 D and only 12 forwards. What is the roster limit? 22 or 23? I think you could bring Miller back instead of Maltby.

Homer-Pav-Mule

Huds-Z-Flip

Torres-Abdel-Cleary

Eaves-Helm-Draper

Miller (Maltby)

Lids-Rafi

Stu-Kronn

Lilja-E (assuming he pulls his head out)

Kindl

If the roster limit is 23 you could have Miller and Malby as extra forwards, cap room willing. One thing that worries me is that Huds was given the chance to be a 2nd line player last year and didn't perform. What makes us think he could do it next year? Cleary seemed to play better when he wasn't expected to score so much. But 2.8 mil per year becomes a lot of $$ for a 3rd line player. Flip is too good not to be playing 2nd line minutes.

Guest screwdahawks

I think the chances of Marleau leaving the Sharks by choice is pretty slim unless they low-ball him really bad.

Guest screwdahawks

I also think that Lidstrom will play next season and people on this board that think he will sign for 3.5 to 4.5M are not being very realistic. He is still one of the top defencemen in the League and should he decide to sign another contract I doubt it would be for less than 5.0M. Actually 6M seems more realistic when you consider what Rafalski is making.

Here's the deal, we ring the Thrashers and ask for Maxim Afinogenov,Evgeny Artyukhin and Boris Valabik. We give them Daniel Cleary,Brett Lebda, Mattias Ritola and the rights to Hudler.

Next we offer the Oilers, Kronwall, Meech and 2nd round pick for Alex Plante and Zack Stortini.

We let Maltby ride into the sunset with Draper and Osqood.(buy out the later 2 if need be)

We choose not to re-sign Williams.

Zetterberg Filppula Franzen

Afinogenov Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Eaves Helm Miller

Artyukin Abdelkader Stortini

Holmstrom

Lidstrom Rafalski

Stuart Plante

Ericsson Valabik

Lilja Kindl

Howard Larsson

The Wings have just got bigger faster and meaner.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Guest screwdahawks

Here's the deal, we ring the Thrashers and ask for Maxim Afinogenov,Evgeny Artyukhin and Boris Valabik. We give them Daniel Cleary,Brett Lebda, Mattias Ritola and the rights to Hudler.

Next we offer the Oilers, Kronwall, Meech and 2nd round pick for Alex Plante and Zack Stortini.

We let Maltby ride into the sunset with Draper and Osqood.(buy out the later 2 if need be)

We choose not to re-sign Williams.

Zetterberg Filppula Franzen

Afinogenov Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Eaves Helm Miller

Artyukin Abdelkader Stortini

Holmstrom

Lidstrom Rafalski

Stuart Plante

Ericsson Valabik

Lilja Kindl

Howard Larsson

The Wings have just got bigger faster and meaner.

Artyukhin and Afinogenov are both UFA.

Guest lilja4mvp

i don't get the obsession with frolov here

i doubt anyone here is "obsessed" with frolov.

they just realize that this team needs a legit goal scorer if D and Z are going to center separate lines, and the options are pretty limited this offseason.

yeah, we'd all love kovalchuck but that's not realistic.

hudler isn't your standard top-6 material. you can usually get by lacking size if you have speed...he has neither.

At the end of the day, regardless of his size, Hudler's production (last year) was right on par with Frolov's. Hudler was not logging the same amount of minutes as Frolov as well. So IF Hudler comes back, at $2.85 million, he is a better (and more realistic) option than Frolov.

Edited by superstarsingh

Stuart out. Kovie in.

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.500m) Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.500m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) Johan Franzen ($3.95)

Drew Miller ($0.700m) Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) Darren Helm ($1.000m) Patrick Eaves ($0.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.800m) Mattias Ritola ($0.600m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m) Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Andreas Lilja ($1.000m) Brett Lebda ($0.800m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 23; PAYROLL: $56.238m; CAP ROOM: $0.562m BONUSES: $0.000m

Or No Kovie. Keep Stuart. Get Hudler. And have abit more cash left.

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.500m) Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)

Jiri Hudler (2.875m) Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) Johan Franzen ($3.95m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) Darren Helm ($1.000m) Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m)

Drew Miller ($0.700m) Kris Draper ($1.583m) Patrick Eaves ($0.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.800m) Mattias Ritola ($0.600m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m) Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) Brad Stuart ($3.75m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) Andreas Lilja ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 23; PAYROLL: $55.563m; CAP ROOM: $1.237m BONUSES: $0.000m

So....

Kovalchuk, Lebda? (Ericsson second pairing)

or

Hudler, Stuart and 500k cap space? (Ericsson 3rd pairing)

Enjoy another year in Russia Jiri.

IMO, Hossa never fit this team. (and still potted 40) I think Kovalchuk would fit perfectly.

I just don't see Kovalchuk playing for less of a cap hit than what he's getting now. He doesn't seem to be the type interested in being part of a team unless he's the focal point.

With all the extentions signed lately, the UFA and RFA class next year borders on awful.

I don't know about anyone else but I want Lils to stay for at least next year. He's such a stabilizing force on that third pair. I feel like that is a must.

However, I also think Ericsson and Kindl should play consistent minutes/games. You don't want to trade away prospects like them but at the same time it isn't doing them any good if they're just rotting away in the press box. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Wings traded one of them.

Going with the theme of getting a veteren who hasn't won it yet, what do you guys think of offering Keith Tkachuk a contract next season? He's only at $2.55M this year, so maybe give him $3MM to come here for a year? As long as Lidstrom cooperates with his salary, we could get him for $3MM and still sign another solid forward....

Wings will NEED a Right Wing who shoots right....Bertuzzi & Williams will be gone.... to play with Z & Flip on the second line and for power play. The three top choices are Lee Stempniak, Maxim Afinogenov or Colby Armstrong. Afinogenov is a right wing but shoots left. My primary choice in Stempniak.

2010-2011 Detroit Red Wings

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk — $6,700,000

Henrik Zetterberg — $6,083,333

Johan Franzen — $3,954,545

* Stempniak, Afinogenov, or C. Amstrong $3 mil— $3,500,000

Valtteri Filppula — $3,000,000

Daniel Cleary — $2,800,000

Kris Draper — $1,583,333

* Tomas Holmstrom — $1,500,000

* Darren Helm — $1,000,000

* Patrick Eaves — $950,000

* Justin Abdelkader — $850,000

* Drew Miller — $750,000

* Kirk Maltby — $500,000

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski — $6,000,000

* Nicklas Lidstrom — $4,500,000

Brad Stuart — $3,750,000

Niklas Kronwall — $3,000,000

* Andreas Lilja — $1,250,000

Jonathan Ericsson — $900,000

Jakub Kindl — $883,333

* Derek Meech — $525,000

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood — $1,416,666

Jimmy Howard — $716,666

ROSTER SIZE 23

SALARY CAP $56,800,000

PAYROLL $56,112,876

BONUSES $0

CAP SPACE $687,124

Can remove Meech and have only 22 players and more cap space (~1.2 mil). 13 forwards, 7 defencemen (instead of 8), 2 goalies. I favor more cap space for trade deadline deals.

Edited by Icesurfer

wouldn't the wings be looking to add scoring? I think Tkachuk would outscore any of the guys you two mentioned.... just my opinion...

First of all Keith Tkachuk is an old goat. Secondly, he is left winger. Bertuzzi and Williams are BOTH right wingers. And Williams plays on the PP....right-handed shot. If both are gone obviously the Wings would need a right-winger. There are NOT too many right wingers who are UFA who can score. Colorado has a pair ..... Stewart & Mueller.... but they both will be RFA... and I don't think the Wings want to give up any draft picks.

Armstrong (27 pts - 15 goals)- 28 yo, Stempniak (41 pts -23 goals) -27 yo and Afinogenov (57 pts - 22 goals)-31 yo will ALL finish with more points than Tkachuk (28 pts - 12 goals). I wish peeps would look at the stats before they post. You must be Tkachuk's agent.... tell him to retire... LOL!

Wings have enough checkers.... they need a SCORER who can skate and would do well with Filppula and Z. And if you are going to dole out $3 mil or more you want some younger legs with potential for upside not someone who is on the downside of their career.

Edited by Icesurfer