• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

DATS for 97

Rate this topic

With all this talk all year about our boy Dats not being close to his normal 97 mark, how ******* awesome would it be to witness the freakin impossibe and have him continue his latest tear and rip it up with a 3 point per game average over the last lucky 13 games!!!! Go Dats GO

That's be awesome. But hell no. He will continue to average 20 minutes a game and very few of that will be on the PK. I'll just be happy if he can get his amount to a number that isn't significantly different from 97.

Personally, I'd be pretty happy with 1-1.2 PPG here on out and if he continues dominating carrying the puck and obviously continuing to dominate with his puck retrival and passing game. Lately he's controlling the play every shift he's out there and he's been the most dangerous guy on the ice. if he continues to do that we have a shot every game no matter who we play.

For me I dont care how many points the guy gets so long as we win and get into the playoff. Obviously I'd love for the guy to get all the stats and accolades in the world but I'm a Wings fan first and a Datsyuk fan second. So call me selfish but I'm cheering for the success of the Wings before the personal success of Datsyuk. That being said, the personal success of Datsyuk usually does translate into the success of the Wings. So if they are in fact one in the same sure, 3PPG wuold be awesome.

Let's be realistic here. Finishing with 70-75 pts would likely be excellent for him, but even that level is not a sure thing. He has 9pts in the 8 games played since the olympics, which everyone believes he has picked up his pace. That's great, but even if he continues that, he won't hit 80pts, let alone 90 or 97pts.

He won't finish anywhere close to 90pts in my opinion.

Let's be realistic here. Finishing with 70-75 pts would likely be excellent for him, but even that level is not a sure thing. He has 9pts in the 8 games played since the olympics, which everyone believes he has picked up his pace. That's great, but even if he continues that, he won't hit 80pts, let alone 90 or 97pts.

He won't finish anywhere close to 90pts in my opinion.

Yep. 25+ goals and 70+ points would be pretty good imo considering his slow start and all the injuries we've had. I really hope Z can match those numbers as well, especially in terms of goals. We need him to start scoring if we're gonna go anywhere in the playoffs (assuming we get there).

There is one goal I'd love to see Pasha hit before the end of this season...that is 600 career points. He's 7 goals away from 200...and 13 assists away from 400. That's only 20 points. I can see this happening. Whatever else he can get beyond that is cherries on the cheesecake for this season, but I really want to see him hit this plateau. Right now he has also cracked into the top 10 of all-time Red Wings scorers, and by next season he'll unseat Brendan Shanahan for the #8 spot. Not bad for the time he's been here.

There is one goal I'd love to see Pasha hit before the end of this season...that is 600 career points. He's 7 goals away from 200...and 13 assists away from 400. That's only 20 points. I can see this happening. Whatever else he can get beyond that is cherries on the cheesecake for this season, but I really want to see him hit this plateau. Right now he has also cracked into the top 10 of all-time Red Wings scorers, and by next season he'll unseat Brendan Shanahan for the #8 spot. Not bad for the time he's been here.

Nice I didnt even noticethat at all!! For sure Im goning to throwing Jimmys fist pump every ime he gets closer to this one! Pash'a the man...and Dats's sick as far as Z matching Pavs goes, I think we should save that for another thread! But we know one thing, if/when the playoffs kick off Z will yet again elevate~thus part of our yearly frustration~

No, Datysuk will score 77 points because it's the next step in the pattern.

This is a concrete science which means not only will he score 77 points this season but he'll also score 77 points next season. Irrefutable evidence.

I think it will be a long shot to get to both 200 goals and 600 points by the end of the year. 200 goals is likely more probable, but still a long shot. If he gets hot in the goal scoring department, he should get there. In any event, reaching these milestones is still a lot more realistic than getting to 97 points.

Having a look at the top 10 scorers in Wing's history, assuming he stays healthy and stays with the organization into his late 30s, he has a good chance at finishing 4th (passing Fedorov and Lidstrom), but he won't get any further than that. This assumes Lidstrom doesn't accumulate significantly more points than he already has.