• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Hudler's Options

Rate this topic

I couldn't find the article I was thinking of, but there was recently an article that detailed Holland's plans to woo Hudler back to the Wings and it mentioned there that having him back for the playoffs was out of the question.

It must have to do with the status of Hudler as an NHL player right now. He's basically defected so it isn't the same thing as a player who's injured and wants to come back.

Also, why does this have to be addressed to "Hudler slappies"? Do you considered all Wings fans who like Hudler "slappies"? That's just stupid. I have to chuckle at how some Wings fans will do anything they can to diminish Hudler's perceived value to the team. The stats don't lie-- we could really use his offense right now.

I read on here that I don't think it is possible, though I would love for it to happen largely for any future responses or rants from you just for the entertainment factor, because your disliking of Hudler is both extremely fascinating and a bit creepy at the same time.

My understanding is that it can't happen. He had to be on the roster at an earlier date I believe.

Also, why does this have to be addressed to "Hudler slappies"? Do you considered all Wings fans who like Hudler "slappies"? That's just stupid. I have to chuckle at how some Wings fans will do anything they can to diminish Hudler's perceived value to the team. The stats don't lie-- we could really use his offense right now.

QFT

I believe the end of December was the deadline for players in Europe to move to the NHL and be eligible to play this season.

Though I could be wrong on the date, I am absolutely sure that Rex cannot play for the Wings this season/postseason.

Hilarious. Posts that mention Hudler in a positive light consistently get voted down on here. Someone out there feels spurned by a certain midget who can shoot the puck.

Don't worry, I don't think anyone should take the voting system seriously.

Although, I hope I'm the leader. :thumbup:

And I'd welcome Hudler back in a heart beat. As much as I don't like his decision he can score and we need players that can score.

Although I'd prefer trading him for a good, young and talented North American that actually would like to play for one of the greatest franchises in sports history, but that's just me.

He's not even under contract.

Yes he is. If and when Hudler returns to the NHL, he is bound by the contract he was awarded in arbitration, 2 years @ $5.75m.

I suppose, technically, he's not under contract since he's not being paid by the Wings, and the contract is kinda "floating" so to speak. But the rules of the arbitration process are clear. He is locked into that contract, starting whenever he returns, be that next year, or 10 years from now.

Yes he is. If and when Hudler returns to the NHL, he is bound by the contract he was awarded in arbitration, 2 years @ $5.75m.

I suppose, technically, he's not under contract since he's not being paid by the Wings, and the contract is kinda "floating" so to speak. But the rules of the arbitration process are clear. He is locked into that contract, starting whenever he returns, be that next year, or 10 years from now.

If he's really enterprising he'll show up in 30 years and tell them he's ready to start getting paid 2.375 million.

I believe the end of December was the deadline for players in Europe to move to the NHL and be eligible to play this season.

Though I could be wrong on the date, I am absolutely sure that Rex cannot play for the Wings this season/postseason.

I believe this is correct.

BTW, how did Hudler get the nickname "Rex"? Just curious if that is something exclusive to this board.

He is definitely not eligible for this years playoffs. Even if he were I really doubt that the Wings would put him in. As much as we coudl use his offence it would send a terrible message to the rest of the team. Think of all of the guys who battled all season long - through all the injuries and down the playoff stretch - only to have someone end up sitting out in the playoffs so someone who played in Russia all year long could come in. No way does that happen.

That being said, if he wants back in next year, he'll be welcomed back at his arbitrated contract of 2 years ~$5.75M contract.

Also,

To Drake - ignore all the Hudler haters, when he comes back and posts 60+ pts they'll be eating crow. Most like to hide behind this imaginary fact that Hudler didn't want to play in Detroit which isn't even true. The Hudler and Filppula bashing on this site will one day stop - I promise.

I believe this is correct.

BTW, how did Hudler get the nickname "Rex"? Just curious if that is something exclusive to this board.

I could be wrong. But didn't he get the nickname rex from an article that called jiri hudler, rex hudler the baseball player instead.

He is definitely not eligible for this years playoffs. Even if he were I really doubt that the Wings would put him in. As much as we coudl use his offence it would send a terrible message to the rest of the team. Think of all of the guys who battled all season long - through all the injuries and down the playoff stretch - only to have someone end up sitting out in the playoffs so someone who played in Russia all year long could come in. No way does that happen.

That being said, if he wants back in next year, he'll be welcomed back at his arbitrated contract of 2 years ~$5.75M contract.

Also,

To Drake - ignore all the Hudler haters, when he comes back and posts 60+ pts they'll be eating crow. Most like to hide behind this imaginary fact that Hudler didn't want to play in Detroit which isn't even true. The Hudler and Filppula bashing on this site will one day stop - I promise.

I hope so!

I hope so!

You know it will happen just with the PP points he will get. The PP units will be something like:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

or

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Filppula - Hudler

That alone means he's getting quality time with quality players. He's got a deadly shot and next year with Kindl joining the big club we wont be having Williams on the point on the powerplay so whoever is on the point on the PP won't necessarily be quarterbacking as much in the traditional sense of the word which means on that second unit the two shooters (either Zetterberg and Hudler or Franzen and Hudler) will get more shooting opportunities.

I strongly belive if he comes back next season he posts 60-65pts for sure.