• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Ericsson back in lineup, Howard to start vs Edmonton

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly
Jonathan Ericsson back in lineup, Jimmy Howard to start again for Red Wings in Edmonton

By Ansar Khan

March 17, 2010, 3:54PM

KELOWNA, British Columbia -- After a day off, the Detroit Red Wings returned to the practice ice Wednesday, as several thousand fans watched at the 6,800-seat Prospera Place.

Coach Mike Babcock said defenseman Jonathan Ericsson, a healthy scratch the last three games, will return to action Friday in Edmonton, replacing Brett Lebda. Jimmy Howard, as expected, will make his 16th consecutive start in goal. Babcock said he hadn't decided if Chris Osgood will play Saturday in Vancouver.

The lines remained the same, as the Wings will look to equal a season-high four-game winning streak against an Oilers team with the worst record in the NHL:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Zetterberg-Filppula

Bertuzzi-Miller-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Lebda-Meech (scratches)

Howard (starting)

Osgood

Ericsson turnover machine :/

I'm glad that Howard is starting because I'm going to the game, and want a nice, lopsided Wings victory. And there's no way Osgood would be particularly good given how long it's been since he's played.

On the other hand, it sucks that Osgood isn't playing because realistically, if he doesn't play now, I think we can say he's probably not going to for the rest of the season.

Guest mindfly

Ericsson has scored like many of his goals against edmonton and the two latest games at their arena he scored and had a good game maybe babcock checked his history and decided to go with him after that

I hope he does well. How he played in the playoffs last year is irreplaceable. As I have said before, when Ericsson was paired up with Lids he was the one that looked like the Norris candidate on that line. That potential is why we are not giving up on him.

I am a big fan if Ericsson, but I was at the games this past week at the joe and I remember turning to my gf and saying " This team just looks better with Lebda in the lineup right now". If it aint broke don't fix it

Edited by Wingnut in WA

Ericsson

epic-fail2.jpg

:rolleyes:

Yeah, if we ignore his play in the last 3 games he played you're on the button.

Were you one of the people who whined about Quincey. Well it'd likely be the same damn thing with Ericsson except E was a highly regarded prospect before entering the NHL and Q was considered a run of the mill type of guy.

By all means piss away the best defensive prospect the Wings have in the pro ranks. But it's good that guys with actual decision making power have the intelligence and understanding of defensive prospect development not to make such asinine remarks.

The only reason Ericsson will be playing is because Babcock expects Lebda to hung-over from tonight :rolleyes:

Could be that Lebda has zero upside and all Ericsson has is upside. Who knows. Christ, if the guys here ran the NHL Jack Johnson would already be run out of the league.

I hope he does well. How he played in the playoffs last year is irreplaceable. As I have said before, when Ericsson was paired up with Lids he was the one that looked like the Norris candidate on that line. That potential is why we are not giving up on him.

Don't forget how well he played as a call-up in 07-08 and 08-09. Ericsson's struggled this season, yeah, but he's excelled literally every other year he's been in the Wings system. Only a retard would walk away from a 6'4 defenseman who's had that kind of success based on his play in his rookie season. Newsflash-- 95% of the d-men in the NHL struggled in their first season. That's the norm.

The only reason Ericsson will be playing is because Babcock expects Lebda to hung-over from tonight :rolleyes:

Could we possibly throw that turd Bertuzzi under the truck too ? Mr Turnover is best left in some kelowna watering hole too

I say let Erickson play forward and keep Lebda on the line with Lilja

Bertuzzi is the Uber Turd

Not trying to hyjack the thread by the way