• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Ericsson back in lineup, Howard to start vs Edmonton

Rate this topic

I have faith that E will refocus and give us strong defensive depth on Friday. Heck, when he was Lidstrom's linemate last year in the playoffs while Raf was injured, they looked like a mirror image. That can't be by accident, this guy is gonna be something here in Hockeytown. I only wish we could just afford to keep him in the lineup while he works out the kinks, so he can get past this sophomore slump. That's why he need to be played, he's got potential but he'll never get through this rough patch if he's not in the lineup.

I have faith that E will refocus and give us strong defensive depth on Friday. Heck, when he was Lidstrom's linemate last year in the playoffs while Raf was injured, they looked like a mirror image. That can't be by accident, this guy is gonna be something here in Hockeytown. I only wish we could just afford to keep him in the lineup while he works out the kinks, so he can get past this sophomore slump. That's why he need to be played, he's got potential but he'll never get through this rough patch if he's not in the lineup.

I think that's why everyone dislikes Ericcson as much as they do. He was awesome last year in the playoffs. But this season, a less nerve racking time to play, he hasn't been what he has before.

I think that's why everyone dislikes Ericcson as much as they do. He was awesome last year in the playoffs. But this season, a less nerve racking time to play, he hasn't been what he has before.

It's unfortunate but it happens. He'll get through it, I'd just rather not ride the high's and low's of a rookie, emotionally, respectively to how they're playing, when I think in the end he'll be a major asset to the Wings.

if it aint broke dont fix it. idk if we lose im blaming it on ericsson!

Yeah, because the team wins and loses based on the play of their #6 defenseman. If the smallest cog in the entire machine falters and the other 18 players can't make up for it the team is pretty pathetic.

It's unfortunate but it happens. He'll get through it, I'd just rather not ride the high's and low's of a rookie, emotionally, respectively to how they're playing, when I think in the end he'll be a major asset to the Wings.

You seem reasonable and intelligent. That's an interesting angle to have on these boards. ;)

No biggie here. If we lose to Edmonton the last thing I would blame is the 6th defenseman. Hopefully this can get Ericcson some confidence, because he can be a lot better then Lebda.

This. I'm starting to agree with you more and more Carman. I'm not sure whether I should be terrified or not...

:rolleyes:

Yeah, if we ignore his play in the last 3 games he played you're on the button.

Were you one of the people who whined about Quincey. Well it'd likely be the same damn thing with Ericsson except E was a highly regarded prospect before entering the NHL and Q was considered a run of the mill type of guy.

By all means piss away the best defensive prospect the Wings have in the pro ranks. But it's good that guys with actual decision making power have the intelligence and understanding of defensive prospect development not to make such asinine remarks.

Could be that Lebda has zero upside and all Ericsson has is upside. Who knows. Christ, if the guys here ran the NHL Jack Johnson would already be run out of the league.

Don't forget how well he played as a call-up in 07-08 and 08-09. Ericsson's struggled this season, yeah, but he's excelled literally every other year he's been in the Wings system. Only a retard would walk away from a 6'4 defenseman who's had that kind of success based on his play in his rookie season. Newsflash-- 95% of the d-men in the NHL struggled in their first season. That's the norm.

Do I sense a man crush? I think that eye patch is altering your view on reality there partner. And to answer your question, which is so blatantly missing the questions mark (?) at the end of the sentence is no, I never did "whine" about Quincey. Your bucket is rusted through and has holes in it, you are not holding any water. I think you need to go home, reevaluate your strategy, buy a new bucket, and then, once you have a NEW BUCKET that HOLDS WATER, we will talk. For now, I will say good day!

Yes, you have been

Edited by Rivalred

Do I sense a man crush? I think that eye patch is altering your view on reality there partner. And to answer your question, which is so blatantly missing the questions mark (?) at the end of the sentence is no, I never did "whine" about Quincey. Your bucket is rusted through and has holes in it, you are not holding any water. I think you need to go home, reevaluate your strategy, buy a new bucket, and then, once you have a NEW BUCKET that HOLDS WATER, we will talk. For now, I will say good day!

Yes, you have been

lolwut.jpg

Yea but it's almost a guarantee Howard beats Edmonton!

Exactly what we need! get as many points as possible.

If Ozzy starts Saturday... well I'll be happy with that. But the next two weeks are busy ones, so he should pick up a start soon.