• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

He hit him high in the chest not the head. His head whipped back and hit the glass thats what KO'ed him. Whats dirty is the fact he left his feet to make a hit on Seabrook when he didnt have the puck. Not that Seabrook got hit in the head.

#22 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Here's another one Pelley on Goligoski. Like I said, this is hunting season :o

#23 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:22 AM

Here's another one Pelley on Goligoski. Like I said, this is hunting season :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTSuBfe8pTw&feature=player_embedded#

hits liek that happen every other game, it was a 2 min boarding penalty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXvFxKOqEHU
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#24 wings7

wings7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:23 AM

I don't blame anybody but the NHL for these hits. If they would just step up and throw some actual discipline towards these players, hits like these wouldn't happen.

Definitely a dirty, premeditated play.

Great Sig!

Do you mind if I use it when I talk on other team's boards?

Edited by wings7, 18 March 2010 - 01:24 AM.

#25 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:58 AM

Seabrook's hit on Perry (I think?) looked pretty bad and then Wiz retaliated in way. Both hits seemed pretty dangerous to me.

Hopefully Seabrook isn't out too long.

Posted Image

#26 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:58 AM

I dont ever remember so many dirty and dangerous hits in one year. Is it just me or is it getting alot worse? I guess thats why they are making the new rule though.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#27 FIBS

FIBS

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:21 AM

IDK about that dive by Sopel. He looked like he was jumping for the puck right as he got hit which made it look funny.

#28 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:41 AM

damn seabrook got knocked the f*** out. also epic dive.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#29 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:23 AM

He hit him high in the chest not the head.

That's what I saw too. Looked like a pretty good hit to me.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#30 Danglesmith08

Danglesmith08

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:26 AM

Are the players honestly getting that much stupider? Horrible, moronic, 100% head hit. Its baffling that with all of the talk about head hits in the last year, especially in the last few weeks, guys are still deciding to take a guys head in a hit. Same as when Raffi Torres hit Helm in the head when the Wings were playing the Sabres a few games ago. The players all talk about how it needs to come out of the game, and yet...

hahaha he said "stupider"...

#31 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

That's what I saw too. Looked like a pretty good hit to me.

Leaving your feet to make a high hit on a guy 10ft away from the puck looked like a good hit to you?

I just caught these shenanigans over at HF and that's probably one of the most cowardly things I've ever seen. Clear intent to injure, no question about it. You can't have players purposely trying to injure players, that's not hockey. If it was then I'd be pulling up every AHL scrub I could and having my guys cross checking faces to take star players out of the game. Accidents happen because violence is a part of hockey. This wasn't an accident, it was clear intent to injure as retribution for an earlier clean hit.

#32 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:34 AM

Left his feet, that's an easy charging call right there and that's not a clean hit. No ambiguity there.

Sopel, on the other hand, needs to be majorly embarrassed for that stupid ass dive. That was one of the worst I've ever seen.

#33 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:34 AM

IDK about that dive by Sopel. He looked like he was jumping for the puck right as he got hit which made it look funny.

I agree.

TSN.ca:

The play started when Lubomir Visnovsky's shot from just inside the blue line was deflected high in the air, and Sopel was cross-checked to the ice by Perry as they waited for the puck to come down. Perry then got the puck to Koivu, whose 20-foot wrist shot beat Corey Crawford with 5:36 remaining.

"I thought it was definitely going to be a penalty. It was pretty evident," Sopel said. "I was jumping for the puck and he pushed me down. You can't do that. You've got to blow it down. You can't let it go in the slot like that and let them score a goal."

Edited by P. Marlowe, 18 March 2010 - 05:37 AM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#34 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:18 AM

He left his feet, and hit him in the chest. The charging call IMO was correct. Intent to injure? Yes. Personally, I think he deserved every bit of it because of the head hit he had just put on ******* Cory Perry. A dirty hit is dirty regardless of who is on the recieving end of it.........

#35 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:42 AM

Absolutely asinine hit. Obviously for physical play and standing up for other players getting hit (and the first hit was questionable/iffy) but you don't clock people to the head with headshots. "Retaliate" with a big legal check or a fight where both drop the gloves. Unfortuantely the latter would rarely happen now.

#36 IILeiBlazeII

IILeiBlazeII

Top-Tier Double Backup

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:07 AM

Boy, I must be getting old...

That hit - in my opinion, anyway - was a thing of beauty. Someone hits your skill player (as much as I hate to say skill whilst talking about Perry /vomit ) and your goon goes and gets a piece of him. There is NOTHING illegal about this hit, from what I can see... he was just a defenseman pinching and seeing an opportunity to lay out a massive hit. I remember the late 90's when the Wings would do this all the time if someone screwed with Yzerman/Fedorov/Lidstrom/etc. (D-Mac, Lapointe, Konstantinov, Shanny...)

Lets please not turn into a bunch of fuddy-duddys about hitting all the sudden. First this ridiculous Ovetchkin suspension and now I feel like people are going to try to turn this into the same thing. People get hurt in hockey. It happens. Head shots can be avoided - I get that... but I'm afraid people are going to start tacking suspensions on to penalties if the opposing player gets injured. What's next? Are we gonna install airbags into the boards?

Maybe each of my fingers is an undulating shrimp! It's a world of possibilities.

#37 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

That hit - in my opinion, anyway - was a thing of beauty. Someone hits your skill player (as much as I hate to say skill whilst talking about Perry /vomit ) and your goon goes and gets a piece of him. There is NOTHING illegal about this hit, from what I can see... he was just a defenseman pinching and seeing an opportunity to lay out a massive hit. I remember the late 90's when the Wings would do this all the time if someone screwed with Yzerman/Fedorov/Lidstrom/etc. (D-Mac, Lapointe, Konstantinov, Shanny...)

Lets please not turn into a bunch of fuddy-duddys about hitting all the sudden. First this ridiculous Ovetchkin suspension and now I feel like people are going to try to turn this into the same thing. People get hurt in hockey. It happens. Head shots can be avoided - I get that... but I'm afraid people are going to start tacking suspensions on to penalties if the opposing player gets injured. What's next? Are we gonna install airbags into the boards?

I think you have a point. I'm not interested in watching that hit ten times and have an opinion about it, so I won't go into that. I just think that with all this talk about head shots many people are bound to start overreacting whenever there's a hard hit and a player gets hurt.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#38 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,460 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:22 AM

My opinion, the hit was intent to injure, he was definately going after him for the hit on Perry. He starts his line for the hit at least from the top of the circle (quite a distance), he jumped into the hit, the puck was nowhere near Seabrook (he hadn't even touched it for quite some time) and his elbows were up, regardless where the initial contact was (chest, or it looks like it could even be chin anyway). There was nothing clean about the hit, he will be suspended I'm sure (well, you never know with the NHL, you can never be so sure).

He left his feet, and hit him in the chest. The charging call IMO was correct. Intent to injure? Yes. Personally, I think he deserved every bit of it because of the head hit he had just put on ******* Cory Perry. A dirty hit is dirty regardless of who is on the recieving end of it.........

I could be wrong here, but I thought Perry took a huge dive on that play. If you look at it, to me, it looks like Seabrook was going for a hit, but when Perry started to turn, he let up big time and didn't really hit him at all, he just looks to give him a weak little push with his hands and Perry tries to sell it. After Perry realizes there would be no call, he's back up instantly. I want to say I'm completely unbiased here as I have no interest in Chicago or Seabrook one way or another, but I do have a pretty good dislike for Perry.

#39 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:24 AM

:thumbup:
The hit on Perry was more of a head shot than the one on Seabrook and as I said before Seabrook's bone-cruncher was well deserved.

Edited by nutz2u, 18 March 2010 - 08:24 AM.

#40 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

Wasn't it Wiz complaining about dirty plays last playoffs against Detroit?

Also, I'm not sure if I've seen even Sid dive like Sopel.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman