• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

"Detroit the hottest option for Zuccarello Aasen"

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

anyone think he kinda has a resemblance of toby macguire and elijah wood in some pictures?

i think he would do wonders in the nhl. i was actually scouting him myself during the olympics. i thought hmm maybe he could show this kind of play in the nhl. and what do you know..he might do that come next season.

Yes!

There is nothing bad that can come out of signing him.

The worst thing would be another Leino situation in which we could just trade him.

I'm not sold that he will be able to play in the NHL. He will have zero room to be lazy, and will need to play 100% each and every night. In today's game, his size isn't a major issue. He would not be able to be that physical, but you have to be tenacious more then anything else. Datsyuk isn't the biggest guy and he is the best defensive forward in the world(Certainly not saying ZA is going to be great).

So I'm all for giving him a shot.

If he's willing to give it a try in GR, we might as well. There is nothing but his salary (which doesn't count against the cap and isn't coming out of my pocket) to lose.

If he's hard-working, willing to battle it out and has some hands, I wouldn't worry about his size. The Red Wings are known for growing their own players.

Might as well give him a shot.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Zuccarello-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Miller

I really like these lines

First of all, he must to be willing to play in the AHL. That is absolutely a must. And then after a year, maybe longer, the role he can hope for is a bottom six scorer much like Leino was supposed to be and at best a 3rd/2nd line tweener as a Red Wing. If he wants to be a Red Wing, he will likely have to abide by those conditions.

A guy who is 5'7 making the Red Wings and being effective would be a good story though. Just not all that likely, which is what makes it a good story.

100% agreed. Any undrafted free agent who signs with the Red Wings has to know going in to the deal that, barring an unbelievable training camp, he is going to have to pay his dues in Grand Rapids. Leino got a rude awakening and his entitled attitude and refusal to put in the necessary work ultimately led to his departure from the organization.

Whoever put together that highlight package did a good job of showing his hands, but they also managed to show that he has better than average skating speed and a willingness to scrap, I will have to look .for highlights of him in the Olympics to see how he handles the smaller rink and playing against more physical players, but I trust Steve Yzerman and if he is raving about this kid, he definitely is worth taking a chance on.

You dont have to be big in the new NHL look at guys like St. Louis what does he have this year like 80pts with being able to hold and hook like the big guys use to be able to do to the smaller guys and push them around. It's not like the Wings are built on size anyway lol

Let's doooo it. To be honest, the talent pool for the Red Wings is a bit lacking in terms of guys who will have an offensive impact in the NHL. Adding someone who looks good in a tournament with many NHL players is a good thing.

Most people here don't realize that if he was 6'3" 205lbs he would have been drafted. And to top it off drafted by a team that would pick much higher than Detroit. I say its worth the risk. If he can put the puck in the net and somewhat keep it out of ours, sign him up, and let Babcock coach him up.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I wonder how many games it would take before people started complaining he doesn't hit anyone?

This is true, although hitting statistics are always a little sketchy. Cleary and Eaves are two of the top hitters on the team, but do you think anyone out there on the opposition is worried about the hits they're throwing? I guess what I really mean is that I miss having some assholes on our team who actually force people to keep their heads up. Kronwall is probably the only feared hitter on the squad.

97-98 had some softies, but they also had some guys who would take your head off ;)

Ah yezzz. Konstantinov. Still pretty much my favorite Wing because he was medium-sized but absolutely lethal on skates. Meanwhile, Stuart might get my attention if I saw him coming at me. :ph34r:

I don't care if he doesn't hit at all as long as he makes good plays with and without the puck and can score he's worth a shot. As for being slow have you seen Holmstrom skate i love Homer but my god he looks awkard skating sometimes.

The more video I watch on this kid the more i like him. He plays with a lot more tenacity/passion than Leino did. Leino just kinda went through the motions.

And hes WAY faster than Leino ever could of dreamed to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZ_ctSrvZM&feature=related

LOVE the Godfather music theme. He must have some Italiano in him, I'm thinking? Has HIS agent got a deal for the Wings?! :lol:

why are people saying he is slow... he looks fast in all these videos and he looked pretty fast in the olympics if I remember right... why not give this guy a shot.. he looks like a really hard worker with great skill. He will end up being better than Ville "I don't want to work hard" Leino

Why are people saying hes slow i found this scouting report on him

his scouting report:

•High-end skills, including incredible passing ability

•Hard, accurate shot, though not top-level

•Able to play the point on the power play

•Outstanding playmaker

World-class speed

Guest nutz2u

Why are people saying hes slow i found this scouting report on him

his scouting report:

•High-end skills, including incredible passing ability

•Hard, accurate shot, though not top-level

•Able to play the point on the power play

•Outstanding playmaker

World-class speed

I think I'M IN LUV sounds like Hudler with Helm's legs. :wub:

yeah, another small soft euro, no thanks. Already go tatar coming up quick and hudler maybe coming back eventually. zuccarella or whatever is moot, wings already learned there lesson with leino. WONT HAPPEN

You don't follow Wings prospects, do you? I can tell you haven't seen Tatar play because "soft euro" as a label only makes sense if you're basing it off his birthplace and height. :rolleyes:

Tatar is about as soft as Zetterberg or Datsyuk (in other words he's not soft but because he doesn't fight and comes from Europe people will accuse him of such).

Yeah, but 66 years have passed since Ted broke into the league, a lot has changed since then.

:lol: Score one for Micah.