• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#101 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

Im right handed and I play with my right on the bottom. It's not like my left is so weak I can't lift the stick haha.
My dominant hand on the bottom lets me stick handle better and I'm less likely to lift my stick off the ice for no good reason and get a penalty or miss a pass. Some pros should try it I think.

#102 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

not just ZA but the whole norwegian team was impressive. they didnt win any games but you can tell they had a lot of heart going into the tournament. yeah they lost big to the us and canada but to the other teams most of the games were really close. heck even the goalie was impressive too..

ZA would be a great addition for the wings. hes got skill, and lots of skill

#103 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

Here is a pretty sweet link:

http://tv.hockeyliga...tid=40218621953

and for the record his stick is ridiculously long
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#104 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

Why not sign a 5'7 guy named Zuccarello that most of us have never heard of?

Go for it Kenny!
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#105 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

anyone think he kinda has a resemblance of toby macguire and elijah wood in some pictures?

i think he would do wonders in the nhl. i was actually scouting him myself during the olympics. i thought hmm maybe he could show this kind of play in the nhl. and what do you know..he might do that come next season.

#106 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:05 PM

Yes!

There is nothing bad that can come out of signing him.
The worst thing would be another Leino situation in which we could just trade him.

I'm not sold that he will be able to play in the NHL. He will have zero room to be lazy, and will need to play 100% each and every night. In today's game, his size isn't a major issue. He would not be able to be that physical, but you have to be tenacious more then anything else. Datsyuk isn't the biggest guy and he is the best defensive forward in the world(Certainly not saying ZA is going to be great).

So I'm all for giving him a shot.

#107 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

The more video I watch on this kid the more i like him. He plays with a lot more tenacity/passion than Leino did. Leino just kinda went through the motions.

And hes WAY faster than Leino ever could of dreamed to be

#108 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

If he's willing to give it a try in GR, we might as well. There is nothing but his salary (which doesn't count against the cap and isn't coming out of my pocket) to lose.

If he's hard-working, willing to battle it out and has some hands, I wouldn't worry about his size. The Red Wings are known for growing their own players.

Might as well give him a shot.

#109 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

Here is a pretty sweet link:

http://tv.hockeyliga...tid=40218621953

and for the record his stick is ridiculously long

Indeed, that's the same vid I posted back on page 1 :)

And yeah his stick is crazy long. But it seems to work.

#110 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

Hopefully Forsberg doesn't talk him out of coming to Detroit...

#111 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Hudler-Filppula-Franzen
Zuccarello-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi
Draper-Helm-Eaves
Miller

I really like these lines

First of all, he must to be willing to play in the AHL. That is absolutely a must. And then after a year, maybe longer, the role he can hope for is a bottom six scorer much like Leino was supposed to be and at best a 3rd/2nd line tweener as a Red Wing. If he wants to be a Red Wing, he will likely have to abide by those conditions.

A guy who is 5'7 making the Red Wings and being effective would be a good story though. Just not all that likely, which is what makes it a good story.

100% agreed. Any undrafted free agent who signs with the Red Wings has to know going in to the deal that, barring an unbelievable training camp, he is going to have to pay his dues in Grand Rapids. Leino got a rude awakening and his entitled attitude and refusal to put in the necessary work ultimately led to his departure from the organization.

Whoever put together that highlight package did a good job of showing his hands, but they also managed to show that he has better than average skating speed and a willingness to scrap, I will have to look .for highlights of him in the Olympics to see how he handles the smaller rink and playing against more physical players, but I trust Steve Yzerman and if he is raving about this kid, he definitely is worth taking a chance on.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#112 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

You dont have to be big in the new NHL look at guys like St. Louis what does he have this year like 80pts with being able to hold and hook like the big guys use to be able to do to the smaller guys and push them around. It's not like the Wings are built on size anyway lol

#113 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Let's doooo it. To be honest, the talent pool for the Red Wings is a bit lacking in terms of guys who will have an offensive impact in the NHL. Adding someone who looks good in a tournament with many NHL players is a good thing.

#114 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

Lol just added him to the line up in NHL10 gonna sim a season see how he does.

#115 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

Most people here don't realize that if he was 6'3" 205lbs he would have been drafted. And to top it off drafted by a team that would pick much higher than Detroit. I say its worth the risk. If he can put the puck in the net and somewhat keep it out of ours, sign him up, and let Babcock coach him up.

#116 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

I wonder how many games it would take before people started complaining he doesn't hit anyone?

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#117 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

This is true, although hitting statistics are always a little sketchy. Cleary and Eaves are two of the top hitters on the team, but do you think anyone out there on the opposition is worried about the hits they're throwing? I guess what I really mean is that I miss having some assholes on our team who actually force people to keep their heads up. Kronwall is probably the only feared hitter on the squad.

97-98 had some softies, but they also had some guys who would take your head off ;)

Ah yezzz. Konstantinov. Still pretty much my favorite Wing because he was medium-sized but absolutely lethal on skates. Meanwhile, Stuart might get my attention if I saw him coming at me. :ph34r:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#118 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

I don't care if he doesn't hit at all as long as he makes good plays with and without the puck and can score he's worth a shot. As for being slow have you seen Holmstrom skate i love Homer but my god he looks awkard skating sometimes.

#119 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

The more video I watch on this kid the more i like him. He plays with a lot more tenacity/passion than Leino did. Leino just kinda went through the motions.

And hes WAY faster than Leino ever could of dreamed to be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQI99-W-QM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZ_ctSrvZM&feature=related

LOVE the Godfather music theme. He must have some Italiano in him, I'm thinking? Has HIS agent got a deal for the Wings?! :lol:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#120 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

his grandparents i believe are italian

So it looks like the fake shot, backhand , forhand is his go to move ive seen him score with that like 903 times in these vids lol BEAUTY