• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#141 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

Ahhh royalties....well, I'd like to point out that with any type of royalty deal you'll need someone to look out for your best interests. A manager if you will. That's where I come in. For a small fee of ten percent of all rep points you acquire I will gladly negotiate all deals on your behalf. All MZA jokes, references, puns, and intellectual property owned by you will be looked after and protected by me and my conglomorate of associates who specialize in copyright laws in the fields of entertainment and intellectual property.

Signed,

mmamolo of
mmamolo entertainment law and associates

Made my first downpayment. +1 credited to your account.

Get'r done, Kenny!

#142 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

According to an MLive link to an ESPN insider report (which I can't read because I refuse to pay ESPN anything) "Wings unlikely to outbid Chicago, Dallas for Olympic star." Bare in mind it is ESPN so take it with a grain of salt. If anyone is an ESPN Insider let us know what the actual article says, Thanks.

Interesting. There's no way Chicago can afford him and he's probably smart enough to know they have so much depth right now that it'd be very difficult to crack the line-up. Dallas is very budget conscious and doesn't play the Wings style, so I have a hard time imagining that those two teams are more attractive options for this kid...
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#143 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:37 AM

Made my first downpayment. +1 credited to your account.

Get'r done, Kenny!

I'll get to work then.

My first order of business is to contact Ken Holland for possible merchandise options with your intellectual property on it. Cha-Ching!

Interesting. There's no way Chicago can afford him and he's probably smart enough to know they have so much depth right now that it'd be very difficult to crack the line-up. Dallas is very budget conscious and doesn't play the Wings style, so I have a hard time imagining that those two teams are more attractive options for this kid...

Now those are some good points. And to think ESPN considers themselves a reputable and credible source for NHL news and information. You'd think they'd at least provide logical information. The fact ESPN thinks Detroit wouldnt outbid Chicago is ridiculous with the amount of salary Chicago has shed this summer. Now, that doesnt mean MZA won't end up with Chicago or Dallas but based on what's been said those don't sound like the logical choices. Hell, Atlanta makes more sense then Chicago and Dallas.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#144 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

Flavor of the Month. What happened w/ the last few guys that got this much hype??

I could care less. He probably would be playing in the AHL anyways.

Posted Image

#145 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

Yeah let's not get carried away... I didn't think this would be a 8-page thread where everyone would be like OMG GET ER DONE KENNY

Read this, quick takes on Hudler, Zuccarello etc from mlive.com:
http://blog.mlive.co...r_and_zucc.html

"If Zuccarello Aasen wants to join a great team that grooms undersized 22-year-olds into NHL players, I'm sure the Wings would welcome him, but if his agent expects Detroit to pony up a promised roster spot (never mind the top-six forward's spot Brunnstrom demanded) or an entry-level salary north of $600,000 or so, especially if Jiri Hudler comes back and complicates the Wings' depth chart. This season's performances by Tomas Tatar, the aforementioned Ritola, Jan Mursak, Abdelkader, as well as the promise players like Willee Coetzee, Landon Ferraro, Cory Emmerton, Francis Pare, Gustav Nyquist, and the wild card that is "Hat Trick and 10 points in 15 games back at home with Farjestad" **** Axelsson possess equal one thing--the Wings don't have to bend over backwards, never mind attempt a Brunnstrom-signing pretzel, to add more talent to an organization whose forward corps is deep and very strong at the developmental level."

Edited by mindfly, 19 March 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#146 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

Problem is, I don't think we can sign him. As of right now, according to NHL rules, we cannot sign players to next year contracts exceeding a set amount of our possible Salary cap. Remember when we could only sign Franzen or Hossa before the next season, or the issue with signing Zetter and then having no potential cap left.

Not that we would go over the cap, but the league has some rule in place to prevent teams from going over the cap in the future so they cannot sign people like this, unattached AHLers, or former retiries to future contracts before the offseason offically starts. Basically they don't want teams to broker undrafted prospects beyond their cap capablities.

We are going to be right up against the cap again, and with Homer being up much could depend on him. Also Jiri Hudler is still our problem. Though he doesn't count against the cap, his arbitrated contract is still on our books potentially. If he were to change his mind next year, we would be require to play him the 2+ million that the arbitor gave him. I believe that makes a signing like this unlikely.

Long story short, if we choose to sign him, we have to be below some percentage of the cap with all the players on our books for next year. Whatever that number is though it most likely is lower then our preexisting cap. That is if I understand the NHL rules correctly, and I have been wrong before with these overly complicated rules.

As for the player, why wouldn't you want a player added to the system for no cost or risk beyond the salary?!?!? Lenio proved one thing, if you sign someone who is young enough you can always trade their ovreated selves away.

Why are people saying hes slow i found this scouting report on him

his scouting report:

•High-end skills, including incredible passing ability
•Hard, accurate shot, though not top-level
•Able to play the point on the power play
•Outstanding playmaker
World-class speed

He is likened to Steve Sullivan. I would be down with that, he can be a point a game guy when he is on.

Why not sign a 5'7 guy named Zuccarello that most of us have never heard of?

If you were watching the Olympics closely you heard of him. He really was their best player, and if they were able to actually beat some people and be in a medal game, he would have gotten all the credit.

There were three players in that tourney that I said would be most likely playing North American hockey very soon on the way to the NHL. Zuccarello is one of them. The Swiss forward, whose name escapes me is one, and the former NHLer from sweden is the other. (No, not forsberg :P)
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#147 Kabrok

Kabrok

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LEBDA

• 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

Yeah let's not get carried away... I didn't think this would be a 8-page thread where everyone would be like OMG GET ER DONE KENNY

"If Zuccarello Aasen wants to join a great team that grooms undersized 22-year-olds into NHL players, I'm sure the Wings would welcome him, but if his agent expects Detroit to pony up a promised roster spot (never mind the top-six forward's spot Brunnstrom demanded) or an entry-level salary north of $600,000 or so, especially if Jiri Hudler comes back and complicates the Wings' depth chart. This season's performances by Tomas Tatar, the aforementioned Ritola, Jan Mursak, Abdelkader, as well as the promise players like Willee Coetzee, Landon Ferraro, Cory Emmerton, Francis Pare, Gustav Nyquist, and the wild card that is "Hat Trick and 10 points in 15 games back at home with Farjestad" **** Axelsson possess equal one thing--the Wings don't have to bend over backwards, never mind attempt a Brunnstrom-signing pretzel, to add more talent to an organization whose forward corps is deep and very strong at the developmental level."

Thing is, if he's not willing to take some time to develop his game down in the minors (which at his size I would think would be needed irregardless of potential) he probably wouldn't be worth pulling the trigger on in the first place - see the aforementioned Brunnstrom.

#148 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

I'd rather spend 500k on crapshoots like Dano and Eaves then sign out of Europe. Hasnt worked out yet..

#NOMOREKINDL

#149 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

I'd rather spend 500k on crapshoots like Dano and Eaves then sign out of Europe. Hasnt worked out yet..

because it hanst worked once?

#150 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

I haven't knocked a girl up but I sure as hell plan on having kids one day. :lol:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#151 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

If the guy is so arrogant as to demand a roster spot without even playing a North American game then I don't want him.

We already lost Leino because he would not go back down to GR and work on his game. Why bother wasting effort on a guy who would at the most play in GR for one year and possibly not be ready for the NHL yet? The guy knows how small he is, yet he expects to be a consistent starting player? Come on, guy.

Posted Image

#152 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:20 PM

Who was the latest guy to step right into the roster?.. Zetterberg? back in 02-03?

Edited by mindfly, 19 March 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#153 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

Who was the latest guy to step right into the roster?.. Zetterberg? back in 02-03?

Franzen?

#154 Grozzy

Grozzy

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

Coming from a guy who saw the Norway-Switzerland game in Canada Hockey Place, this guy appears to be the real deal. The whole game I likened him to a much smaller Ovi but with obviously a less scoring touch. Speed, would throw hits, extremely agile and tricky with the puck and was able to find his teammate Vikingstad a few times where a lot wouldn't be able to.

That being said, while I would like to give him a shot, I agree with others who say put him in GR for a year, and he should be able to tear it up. Then see what happens.

#155 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

Franzen?

That sounds about right.

Posted Image

#156 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Ummm that sentence never ends, it's stupid.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#157 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

Ummm that sentence never ends, it's stupid.

Agreed. Especially since the content of the sentence is as retarded as the structure.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#158 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

Come on look at the money we are giving Cleary who has been a GHOST this season and you won't give this kid a chance because he's small and what not i bet this kid could put up more points then some guys in the Wings line up with the wrong handed stick.

#159 NotTooAbby

NotTooAbby

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

for the simple fact of saying the name "Zuccarello Aasen" over and over, its almost worth it. If he's as good as they say, then sweet. Welcome Aboard; just be prepared for him to put in his time in the AHL or at least not to expect a Top-6 spot or >$750,000 contract. If he can realize he's apart of a bigger picture with potential to be a star, I'm game.

#160 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:41 AM

He met with Detroit's european scout Håkan Andersson on tuesday:
http://www.aftonblad...ticle6844818.ab

Although it says Glen Sather wants him to go to New york on monday to get to know the club better... hmmmmmmmm <_<

"– Money doesn't mean anything. I wanna go to a club that can have patience with me and believes in me. Best for me if I get a proposal where they show they believe in me."

Edited by mindfly, 26 March 2010 - 05:45 AM.