• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Ovechkin Shoves Young Girl at Olympics

Rate this topic

I can't remember if this was posted or not, but the incident happened shortly after Canada beat Russia in the quarterfinals. A young girl, Ovechkin fan, had a camera out and Ovechkin decided to try and take it away and ended up dusting her up a little bit I guess.

In any event, the real reason I'm posting this is a comment made at the bottom of the article, which appears to have predicted the future. (I came across this while looking up some things on the net that has absolutely nothing to do with hockey).

http://deadspin.com/5480457/alexander-ovechkin-loves-shoves-all-his-fans

He may have got away with an obvious interference call, but in a few minutes I guarantee they're going to nail him for boarding.

I'm fairly confident that was just a joke on the poster's part. It sounds like everyone was ripping on Ovie for doing something so dumb. I'm sure what happened on Sunday was just a coincidence.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something......

No, clearly it was a joke, the person was joking about what kind of call should have been made on the shove he gave the girl, I just thought it was funny that the person suggested he would end up getting nailed for boarding and then a couple weeks later he ends up getting suspended for boarding. Clearly coincidence.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

i think god forgot to give him class when he was giving him all that natural hockey talent.

I'd doubt you'd ever see Crosby shove a girl down... or touch one at all for that matter.

I'd doubt you'd ever see Crosby shove a girl down... or touch one at all for that matter.

Because the girl would shove the camera toward Crosby and he would crumple up on the ground stiff as a board.

Guest Shoreline

I can't remember if this was posted or not, but the incident happened shortly after Canada beat Russia in the quarterfinals. A young girl, Ovechkin fan, had a camera out and Ovechkin decided to try and take it away and ended up dusting her up a little bit I guess.

In any event, the real reason I'm posting this is a comment made at the bottom of the article, which appears to have predicted the future. (I came across this while looking up some things on the net that has absolutely nothing to do with hockey).

http://deadspin.com/5480457/alexander-ovechkin-loves-shoves-all-his-fans

I dunno if "dusting her up" would be a good explanation. Looks like she was in his way, and I'd do the same and remove somebody from standing in front of me with a camera and blocking my path. The article also clearly exaggerates whatever harm was done if it were, at the worst case scenario, a "shove" while casually walking (not skating full speed on the ice), with "she escaped with contusions and bruises", and "brutally snatched" the camera, wow, the poor camera might have got touched -- so brutal. I bet he kicked her while she was on the ground, then went over to kick a puppy and spat in another fan's face with vodka before the camera re-focused on him walking away. He's such a sore loser.

Edited by Shoreline

I dunno if "dusting her up" would be a good explanation. Looks like she was in his way, and I'd do the same and remove somebody from standing in front of me with a camera and blocking my path. The article also clearly exaggerates whatever harm was done if it were, at the worst case scenario, a "shove" while casually walking (not skating full speed on the ice), with "she escaped with contusions and bruises", and "brutally snatched" the camera, wow, the poor camera might have got touched -- so brutal. I bet he kicked her while she was on the ground, then went over to kick a puppy and spat in another fan's face with vodka before the camera re-focused on him walking away. He's such a sore loser.

The girl wasn't in his way, he was walking in a different direction when he decided to turn and go right for the camera, so that's a pretty weak argument. Not saying the guy is a complete ass or anything, but he certainly was a pretty poor loser during the olympics and also refused to talk to the media for most of the tournament as well (don't blame him for that, you want to focus on the tournament, but several other players fulfilled that responsibility).

Guest nutz2u

The girl wasn't in his way, he was walking in a different direction when he decided to turn and go right for the camera, so that's a pretty weak argument. Not saying the guy is a complete ass or anything, but he certainly was a pretty poor loser during the olympics and also refused to talk to the media for most of the tournament as well (don't blame him for that, you want to focus on the tournament, but several other players fulfilled that responsibility).

It's ok if you don't say he is a complete ass but I have no problem saying HE IS A COMPLETE ******* SAME AS DICKWAD CINDY!!!!!! :flush:

Because the girl would shove the camera toward Crosby and he would crumple up on the ground stiff as a board.

Actually I was picturing him popping his collar, calling his assistant for a hair touch-up and striking his best pose.

Ovie is a clown.

Edited by Broken 16

Does not compute. Entered data does not compute in the same sentence.

As far as Ovie... um, did it really look that bad? It looks like he just pushed the camera (which was in his face as he was speaking on the phone) out of his way. It was rude and uncalled for, but it wasn't like he threw her over a balcony.

The clip is edited. The beginning is cut off. In the real clip Ovechkin is walking in another direction, then suddenly reverses course and walks right to the camera. That's when this clip starts and the sound comes on. The original claim by this "female fan" was that OV broke her camera, there was nothing about sustaining any injuries.

Now, since we can't hear what made OV to come back toward her, we don't know what started the altercation.

I don't see any violence toward the actual person, rather than the camera in the clip.

The "broken" camera is working well enough to film OV walking away.

All in all, dumb move on Ovechkin's part, but I highly suspect that the actual event was very different from what this girl claimed.

Guest scottj

Who cares about Ovechkin pushing women, not doing interviews and almost ending other players' careers.

CROSBY JUST SPIT ON HIS HAND OMG HE IS THE WORST PERSON EVER !!!11!!11!!

wow, that's exactly how this thread turned out. thanks for pointing that out!

lets turn this into a "defend crosby" thread?