• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grinder_25

McCarty & Claude Lemieux on TSN's OTR

Rate this topic

I think i get that channel on Directv, but i dont know the channels very well, there are way to many of them. Any other Directv members out there that could shed some light on it for me?

I wish I could help. We have Directv and all the Fox sports channels, plus Center Ice, and we don't get TSN, except when Center Ice uses their feed for a game. I've emailed them about that, but so far, no such luck. If the interview is shown later - even on YouTube, could somebody put it on here, please? Mac remains one of my favorite players. Thanks.

Just watched it on tsn.ca, really interesting interview.

Go to http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip278196 , click on video library and scroll down to Off the Record and it's the interview under March 18th.

Better yet here's a direct link http://watch.tsn.ca/off-the-record/off-the-record---march-18/#clip278020

Go to http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip278196 , click on video library and scroll down to Off the Record and it's the interview under March 18th.

Better yet here's a direct link http://watch.tsn.ca/off-the-record/off-the-record---march-18/#clip278020

this is awesome, thanks alot for posting this.

Lemieux still makes me sick. I have gained no respect for him after tonight, but don't have a problem with anyone who has.

Just my personal opinion.

Edit: I can't get over the things Lemieux said in the 1996-97 season about making Draper a household name and a $100,000. He's still a piece of trash!

Edited by Barrie

Guest micah

It feels good to be vindicated - I said all along that 1) Mac suckered Claude, and 2) that Claude didn't turtle, his bell was rung and he went down from the suckerpunch. Both of those things were talked about tonight, Mac had no problem with it - he even said that the suckerpunch he landed to the side of Claude's head was among the hardest punches he ever threw.

It was a great interview, I really enjoyed the insight that both guys offered. They seemed to agree, that men who land that kind of shot should expect to have to answer to the other team's toughguy. Both guys were known as being pricks on the ice but they seem like class acts here.

It feels good to be vindicated - I said all along that 1) Mac suckered Claude, and 2) that Claude didn't turtle, his bell was rung and he went down from the suckerpunch. Both of those things were talked about tonight, Mac had no problem with it - he even said that the suckerpunch he landed to the side of Claude's head was among the hardest punches he ever threw.

It was a great interview, I really enjoyed the insight that both guys offered. They seemed to agree, that men who land that kind of shot should expect to have to answer to the other team's toughguy. Both guys were known as being pricks on the ice but they seem like class acts here.

Couldn't agree with you more. I give them both MAJOR props for, not only not killing each other, but for being SO civil. I would never guess they had that huge rivalry based on how they talked to each other. Great interview.

That was a great watch. I hate that Mac was cut off when he was gonna talk about what Lemieux said to him in Dallas though.

I heard he said something about Darren's addictions and that he was glad to see him beat it and back in hockey.

I saw the last 10 minutes, after 13 years, I don't have a problem with Mac and Claude getting along. However until Lemieux says sorry to Draper, he's scum.

^ This x 1000.

Lemieux shouldn't apologize for playing a rough and tough game and all that jazz, and perhaps not apologize for wanting to play aggressive and hit Draper in that specific play. I'd love an apology though for denting his face up ridiculously. That's all.

He was one of the best clutch playoff performers in recent history, but a part of me just will always thinks he's a pretty big s.o.b.

There have been other dispicable acts more/less that have severely injured players obviously - McSorely on Brashear, Bertuzzi on Moore, etc. I'm not interested in debating the severity of these hits or examples against one another, that's not the point. All of the examples above are inexcusable. At least for the Bertuzzi incident, he manned up and apologized. That's why I hold no ill will towards him and don't mind him being with the Wings and stuff. Never heard or read of the same from the other examples.

I would love to sit down with Lemieux though to a drink or a chit-chat or whatever to know some of his intentions with the rivalry, the hit on Draper, whether he is really sorry, etc.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I wouldn't sit down with Claude Lemieux, unless it was to throw a drink in his face and then walk out.

Why walk out? Simply because there's no other reason to be there? Or because you think he'll come after you? I'm thinking that he can't really do the latter.

I just watched that and it was like an out of body experience.

From watching it I don't think LaPhew thinks he did anything wrong when he hit Draper. Just hockey.

I give them both props for agreeing to do this together, though I expected a brawl to break out anytime.:hehe:

******* awesome interview.

From watching it I don't think LaPhew thinks he did anything wrong when he hit Draper. Just hockey.

That's what bothers me the most, he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Edit: Lemieux says he didn't mean to hurt Draper, but what did he expect would happen by driving (someone smaller than him, and with his back to him) his face into the boards? DMac was right there and said he heard a pop sound. Sick! Gutless!.. Then there's all that B.S. Claude said about Draper the next season.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop at 4 replies :lol:

Edited by Barrie

That was awesome. Turtle had quite a few things to say that I was glad to hear him say, but I still wish he would have said that he felt bad that Drapes was hurt. He's not sorry that he hit him and he never intended to hurt him- I can respect that. But I'd still like to hear him say that he wishes that the outcome had been different.

As much as it pains me, I do have respect for the work Claude has done off the ice with kids with disabilities. His brother was raised in an institution, and Claude never forgot that. I have to respect that even if I hate all of the other stuff.

Question for that gals: I don't remember Claude being good-looking at all. Is this old hate or is he getting better with age?

Mac rules. Still and always.

Edited by 55fan

coolest part of this to me was the handshake. never thought we would see the day! i really think its cool to see these guys together and talking about what happened. as much as it sucks though, i believe everything claude said. he was just playing the game, and everything that happened was wrong place wrong time.

At least Lemieux accepts the fact that he deserved to be retaliated against for the Draper hit. He accepted the fact that he was going to get a beat down, and respected that Dmac stood up for his teammate. I think it is possible that he didn't have the intent to injure. It's good to see that they left the rivalry on the ice, but it's kinda like an end to the rivalry actually.

At least Lemieux accepts the fact that he deserved to be retaliated against for the Draper hit. He accepted the fact that he was going to get a beat down, and respected that Dmac stood up for his teammate. I think it is possible that he didn't have the intent to injure. It's good to see that they left the rivalry on the ice, but it's kinda like an end to the rivalry actually.

Ah. I haven't looked for anything on it from YouTube, and skimming NHL Network on TV early this morning at the gym I didn't see anything on it, so I don't know what was said or not during the interview. If this is the case, I'll take that as some form of an apology towards Draper, albeit indirectly.

Ah. I haven't looked for anything on it from YouTube, and skimming NHL Network on TV early this morning at the gym I didn't see anything on it, so I don't know what was said or not during the interview. If this is the case, I'll take that as some form of an apology towards Draper, albeit indirectly.

Go to the last page (post #29) and click the "direct link" in one of the posts. It will take you to part one of the interview. Then parts 2 and 3 will load automatically if you wait for them.

Lemieux said that he had been hit in a hit similar to Drapes, and broke the same bones, and he did not get an apology, nor did he expect one. He accepted that it was a part of the game. At least he is consistent. I'll give him that.

He said he wasn't going to apologize for the hit. He said once a hit has been laid that it is too late and an apology doesn't do any good. The hit is part of the game. You wait for the retaliation and take it.

I disagree with that. I think if someone gets injured, you at least check to see if they are ok. Yeah, it's part of the game, and they know that, but you at least extend the courtesy- the human element- even if you would make the same hit again. It's not apologizing for playing the game; it's saying "sorry it turned out bad". Then you wait for the retaliation and take it.

There was one time that we were playing St. Louis and Lebda got rocked. I believe it was Drake that hit him, but I could be wrong. Anyway, the one who hit him went to the hospital and sat with Lebda since he wasn't going to be returning to Detroit with the rest of the team. I thought that was classy. That to me is about respecting the game and the other players. Play hard, but remember that they are people too.

Edited by 55fan

Go to the last page (post #29) and click the "direct link" in one of the posts. It will take you to part one of the interview. Then parts 2 and 3 will load automatically if you wait for them.

Lemieux said that he had been hit in a hit similar to Drapes, and broke the same bones, and he did not get an apology, nor did he expect one. He accepted that it was a part of the game. At least he is consistent. I'll give him that.

He said he wasn't going to apologize for the hit. He said once a hit has been laid that it is too late and an apology doesn't do any good. The hit is part of the game. You wait for the retaliation and take it.

I disagree with that. I think if someone gets injured, you at least check to see if they are ok. Yeah, it's part of the game, and they know that, but you at least extend the courtesy- the human element- even if you would make the same hit again. It's not apologizing for playing the game; it's saying "sorry it turned out bad". Then you wait for the retaliation and take it.

There was one time that we were playing St. Louis and Lebda got rocked. I believe it was Drake that hit him, but I could be wrong. Anyway, the one who hit him went to the hospital and sat with Lebda since he wasn't going to be returning to Detroit with the rest of the team. I thought that was classy. That to me is about respecting the game and the other players. Play hard, but remember that they are people too.

Will have to listen to it later as I'm pressed for time. There are certain things that are "a part of the game", and unfortuatnely perhaps even Lemieux's hit on Draper to a degree, I'll give him that, but you're spot on pretty much. Even if you didn't mean to hurt somebody, if you really did mess them up, check on them, give them a phone call saying you are sorry for things getting this bad, visit, etc.