• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rivalred

Filppula or Hudler

Rate this topic

Guest lilja4mvp

Because I'm a vocal Filppula supporter and I have a Filppula avatar?

Tell me if I'm close.

because you're delusional.

You have to be kidding...

Have you even seen a Wings game between 2006 and 2009? :ph34r: Hudler's definitely a better passer. Filppula can hold on to the puck much, much, much better but in terms of making a smart saucer pass I'll take Hudler first.

Breaking it down:

Hudler is better at seeing the ice, better at avoiding opposing players when carrying the puck, creating offense from nothing, making plays, passing-he's a better playmaker than any current Wing except Datsyuk, finishing scoring opportunities created by either himself or others. Hudler is better at creating offense without offensively skilled linemates to work with, more able to play all three forward positions without a drop in performance.

Filppula is a better skater, is bigger and stronger, stronger in traffic and better in the corners, better defensively, better at faceoffs.

Hudler is a top-six offensive forward; with his offensive skills he could play wing on most NHL teams' first lines.

Filppula is a top-six two-way forward, and would be a legit second line center on many teams, or could play first or second line wing for many as well.

I would say, as far as 'who's better' though, they are very close in ability. I would give a slight edge to Hudler, but if you were looking at one team trading Filppula to Hudler, it's a fair trade where you have to look at the needs of the team to determine which team is getting the better end of the deal.

I would have loved to see Franzen/Filppula/Hudler or Franzen/Hudler/Holmstrom. Those would have been great lines.

Have you even seen a Wings game between 2006 and 2009? :ph34r: Hudler's definitely a better passer. Filppula can hold on to the puck much, much, much better but in terms of making a smart saucer pass I'll take Hudler first.

But Hudler could never skate the puck from the neutral zone int the offensive zone. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Filppula are the only one's on the Wings that can do it.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

You have to be kidding...

Andrew Ladd Agrees with you, everybody else does not.

I'm sure none of you have watched Hudler this season but he was one of the tops in the KHL. Not to say that is a great feat but he very well could have developed a lot more this year. If he is back next season I guess we will find out.

Filppula definitely has creepier eyebrows

And bleached blond hair, unusual for darker skin. Kinda creepy! :unsure:

But Hudler has that goofy face look when he's celebrating...

They're both weird I tell ya! :D

Edited by SouthernWingsFan