• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BigTex

Could the Coyotes get best record in the West?

Rate this topic

I hadn't noticed it until I looked at the points. they're fourth because they're in SJ's division, but now they're only 3 points behind the Sharks and one behind the Hawks. The way those teams have played they really opened the door. They've been playing really well and have a great mix of vets and young guys. That would certainly be something if they could do it. This is why I love sports.

Come to think of it, their so-called fans don't deserve it.

Remember how those bandwagoners came out of the woodworks when the Cardinals made the Superbowl, even though their fan base never gave a s*** about the Cardinals before?

Now all of a sudden the same will probably happen again if this team makes a playoff run.

I sure hope they get the best record. Maybe that will give their fan base a much needed boost. Also, if we finish as an 8th seed, I wouldn't be too intimidated to face the Yotes. Although, even if we face the Sharks or Hawks I say bring it on. A healthy Red Wings squad can play with and beat any team in the league.

Wow. They're 7-1 after the Olympic break. That would be one hell of a story if they do top the West.

I'm sure the owners of Team NHL Phoenix will be very happy.

Edited by AIK'91

Wow. They're 7-1 after the Olympic break. That would be one hell of a story if they do top the West.

Bettman will cream his pants and say "I TOLD YOU SO, HOCKEY CAN WORK IN ARIZONA!!!" even though only 5 people will show up to watch them in the playoffs.

That would be the story of the year if they are able to pull it off. I keep waiting for them to fall off, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Their surprise season is great news for the NHL.

With Bryzgalov in net they could also go on a long run come playoff time.

You actually bring up a very curious point: It would be interesting to see the penalty calls for and lack of penalties against for the Coyotes since the Oly break. Hmm.

You actually bring up a very curious point: It would be interesting to see the penalty calls for and lack of penalties against for the Coyotes since the Oly break. Hmm.

In a way, the NHL would be calling penalties on itself.

why hasnt lang been playing lately?anyone know?

:o So that's how they've been doing so well lately.

To answer your question though, he's been day-to-day with a lower-body injury since March 6th. The 'yotes are 6-0 since he's been out.

Kinda makes me nervous that this is the "NHL's Team". Hopefully there isn't any special treatment in the post-season (like blown calls, etc). I have a feeling that if they don't get the special treatment, PHX is going to choke in either the first or second round. I still just can't picture the team making it to the WCF of SCF.

Guest Lidstromboli

I think they going to be like Hurricanes , one hit wonders lol

making it to the finals twice (winning once) and to the conference finals once

sure sound like one hit wonders

Kinda makes me nervous that this is the "NHL's Team". Hopefully there isn't any special treatment in the post-season (like blown calls, etc). I have a feeling that if they don't get the special treatment, PHX is going to choke in either the first or second round. I still just can't picture the team making it to the WCF of SCF.

oh man, the paranoid conspiracy theories are already starting to brew

Edited by Lidstromboli

I just hope we move up in the standings as they do. I would really rather face a SJ (choking right now) or Chicago (injuries starting to hit them). A friend of mine here (Austin, TX) is a Hawks fan and I've had to hear it from him all season. How you like dem apples?

Bettman will cream his pants and say "I TOLD YOU SO, HOCKEY CAN WORK IN ARIZONA!!!" even though only 5 people will show up to watch them in the playoffs.

This is the problem. They're not building a real sustainable fanbase. Even if they could manage to keep winning year in and year out (which, let's face it, they'll probably go back to a bottom feeder in coming years), they still face attendance problems. It's great that they win but what's the point if nobody's watching? Let's just hope their good play only increases their sale value so that someone will move them.

This is the problem. They're not building a real sustainable fanbase. Even if they could manage to keep winning year in and year out (which, let's face it, they'll probably go back to a bottom feeder in coming years), they still face attendance problems. It's great that they win but what's the point if nobody's watching? Let's just hope their good play only increases their sale value so that someone will move them.

Thats what i was getting at. I want new teams to do good but i kinda want Phoenix to fail because I'm afraid the league might try to force them to stay in AZ where no one supports hockey instead of moving it some place where people will. Which would be better for the team and the league.

Guest Lidstromboli

is a team supposed to magically sell out every night after having ONE good season after years of awful ones?