• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/19 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Oilers 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

We can't expect San Jose or any other team for that reason to bail the Wings out. The better team is simply going to earn it, and seeing the Wings diddle daddle out there against a garbage Edmonton team is a testament to their season.

Amen. The win in Calgary meant the Wings held their fate in their own hands. And so far tonight, they're fumbling it away. Handle their business and they don't have to worry what the other teams do. Still 40 more minutes to turn this around but that first period was ridiculous.

I certainly hope that Ken Holland realizes after the season that the Todd Bertuzzi/Jason Williams experiment is over. Bertuzzi hasn't been the same since he stopped taking roids after the Steve Moore incident and Williams, well, Williams has always sucked. I do kinda agree that this team lacks serious leadership, God bless Lids, but he is not a very good Captain. Not wanting to, but have to point out that Kronwall was on the ice for both goals and he was way out of position. I have never been a Kronwall fan, and still think he should have been traded at the draft to move up as far as they could have. Maybe it'll happen this off season, but his value this time of the year compared to this time last year is severely less. Seriouly though, Bertuzzi sucks, God please do not re-sign him! PLEASE!!!!

Based on what?

View PostLeftWinger, on 19 March 2010 - 10:25 PM, said:

I certainly hope that Ken Holland realizes after the season that the Todd Bertuzzi/Jason Williams experiment is over. Bertuzzi hasn't been the same since he stopped taking roids after the Steve Moore incident and Williams, well, Williams has always sucked. I do kinda agree that this team lacks serious leadership, God bless Lids, but he is not a very good Captain. Not wanting to, but have to point out that Kronwall was on the ice for both goals and he was way out of position. I have never been a Kronwall fan, and still think he should have been traded at the draft to move up as far as they could have. Maybe it'll happen this off season, but his value this time of the year compared to this time last year is severely less. Seriouly though, Bertuzzi sucks, God please do not re-sign him! PLEASE!!!!

Based on what?

Based on the fact that he was the first European born & trained captain to lead a team to a Stanley Cup Championship... Oh wait...

Edited by ogreslayer

His friend's irrational dislike of him. Seriously.

just because my friend hates him, doesn't mean I do. I like Lids, let me re-state it, for so long we as Wings fans were spoiled by possibly the greatest Captain to ever captain a team, and Lids is no Yzerman, so we are waiting for the team to respond to something he says, much like the team responded to Yzerman. Again, though, Bertuzzi/Williams suck...

Based on the fact that he was the first European born & trained captain to lead a team to a Stanley Cup Championship... Oh wait...

I am going to go ahead and use the Osgood Theory on that one. With the talent on that team and as good as they played, my Gramma could've captained that team to the Stanley Cup...

Just got home from work and turned on the game. Wow, is it really as bad as it looks?

And what is with the TV feeds lately? The Calgary game and now this one look and sound really weird. Are they in a closed booth or something? There's very little crowd noise (even when the crowd is loud) and the audio sounds muffled. Those Canadian feeds suck man.

Somehow though, I'm nto entirely surprised they're losing to one of the worst teams in the league when they need to win, and when the teams they need to lose have won.

just because my friend hates him, doesn't mean I do. I like Lids, let me re-state it, for so long we as Wings fans were spoiled by possibly the greatest Captain to ever captain a team, and Lids is no Yzerman, so we are waiting for the team to respond to something he says, much like the team responded to Yzerman. Again, though, Bertuzzi/Williams suck...

Care to elaborate? Both are quiet leaders who lead by example. Yzerman's cup winning teams had the benefit of being among the highest payrolled teams in the league. Lidstrom hasn't had that benefit. And, if you're basing that statement on their playing ability, I'd have to say that Lidstrom will go down in history as being regarded as the better player.