• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/19 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Oilers 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

I wasn't able to catch the game last night as I wasn't home, but color me not surprised that we lost in a shoot-out. Even if the opposing team pulled their goalie and our guys were shooting into an empty net, we'd STILL find a way to lose them. I don't know if they're working on that because if they aren't......they seriously need to.

Guest mindfly

I wasn't able to catch the game last night as I wasn't home, but color me not surprised that we lost in a shoot-out. Even if the opposing team pulled their goalie and our guys were shooting into an empty net, we'd STILL find a way to lose them. I don't know if they're working on that because if they aren't......they seriously need to.

Do you watch like every 8th game or so? get active bro

Do you watch like every 8th game or so? get active bro

I have a life, I have things to do with my day outside of being a Red Wings fan and sometimes that means I'm going to miss games. Not all of us have the luxury of camping our asses in front of the computer all night to watch a hockey game, as much as I love the Wings. I can't afford to do that. Bully for you if you can, but not everyone is you.

I'm as "active" as I can be. You'll get over it.

Edited by Electrophile

I think people would be even MORE mad at Filppula if he hit the post.

Filp has decent hands anyways. Putting him in the shootout was a pretty logical choice. If anyone didnt like it they can be mad at Babs, not Filp.

Guest lilja4mvp

x2. If it was ANYONE else who missed that shot, no one would have said s***.

definitely. cause no one has been upset with Z's pathetic shootout attempts all season long. no one has called him out on this board multiple times. everyone gets a free pass except for filppula.

again, you're delusional.

Filp has decent hands anyways. Putting him in the shootout was a pretty logical choice. If anyone didnt like it they can be mad at Babs, not Filp.

Or just don't be mad at anyone? Flip has shown great hands. NO one scores 100% of the time.

definitely. cause no one has been upset with Z's pathetic shootout attempts all season long. no one has called him out on this board multiple times. everyone gets a free pass except for filppula.

again, you're delusional.

If it was Franzen, Miller, Cleary, Lilja, Bertuzzi, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Hudler or Holmstrom went and missed, no one would say anything, YOU certainly wouldn't. Zetterberg is an exception, not the rule. Even then I don't think anyone would say "Zetterberg you suck ass". Maybe they would, I don't know. It's unfounded regardless.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Or just don't be mad at anyone? Flip has shown great hands. NO one scores 100% of the time.

If it was Franzen, Miller, Cleary, Lilja, Bertuzzi, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Hudler or Holmstrom went and missed, no one would say anything, YOU certainly wouldn't. Zetterberg is an exception, not the rule. Even then I don't think anyone would say "Zetterberg you suck ass". Maybe they would, I don't know. It's unfounded regardless.

A lot of the Filppula hate started out as counterpoints to pro Filppula biased posts. I may be wrong here, but I honestly think it's the few on this site who must constantly defend him who are really the reason for so much hate on Filppula, as some of them (not you in particular) act as if Filppula can do no wrong and grossly inflate his impact, generally causing annoyance and retaliation in the form of "bashing him".

As usual, the truth is in the middle of these people, but no one will admit it because there are ridiculous posts hear saying things like "Filppula is a better playmaker than Hudler" and "Filppula will never break 50 points". Say what you want, maybe you just have a very positive adjective vocabulary, but from my point of view you are essentially doing the same thing NBC does with Crosby.

Filppula is a solid player, moreso than a lot of this board gives him credit for, but you have to admit you overate him on occasion, the way you describe him many times is biased and untrue. Throwing in a disclaimer giving the 55-65 2nd line ceiling does nothing, especailly as it is painfully obvious that you clearly belive he is better than that, but just want to act as if you have a reasnoable opinion on him, compared to the rest of this forum.

In short, I firmly belive poster's like you who constantly defend him have actually caused more people to subconscioully hate or dislike him than anything else on this forum. The way you describe him simply does not match your claims of thinking he will be a "good 2nd liner", and this raises expectations for him, often times to an unfair level of play he will most probably never attain.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest screwdahawks

I think that was the point when this discussion started, "WHAT THE F WAS BABCOCK DOING PICKIN FLIP?"

Edited by screwdahawks

(not you in particular)

No, but me in a more general sense? :P

And I don't think there is anything ridiculous about looking at the stats, seeing that Hudler and Filppula have the same production per minute and coming to the conclusion that Filppula is as good/better offensively. I think they are equal offensively, with Hulder having a better shot and Filppula being a slightly better passer. Maybe I'm biased into thinking that, the but argument can easily be made and it's far from ridiculous. If that was said about Datsyuk then yeah, it's ridiculous, but Hudler isn't THAT good.

And even saying he'll never break 50 points isn't ridiculous. The stats don't in any means support that, but again the argument can be made.

And yes you are probably right about why there is Filppula hate.

No, the difference is you expect too much out of Bert and too little apparently out of the rest.

Zetterberg looks like an old fart.

I expect nothing from Bert and he delivers most of the time, last night being one of the exceptions. Oh ya and Z has 12 points in the last 9 games and the biggest goal of the season last night.