• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/19 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Oilers 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Good thing I was drunk on a pubcrawl tonight. :lol: Thanks Wings. ;)

I haven't read the GDT yet, how many people shat on Ericsson for being on the ice during zero of the goals?

Looks like we need a new scapegoat to blame losses on!

Terrible. I don't know how we got a point out of this. The whole team was awful tonight. The worst part is that it won't matter when we're tied for 8th place, because we have much fewer wins then anyone else. Zetterberg needs to be better, I know he got his big pay-day, but damn...he needs to play like a 7 million dollar player.

Has there ever been a team that deserved to make the playoffs less than the 2010 Red Wings?

Only team I can think of are those Rangers teams in the early part of the last decade, with all that talent.

Pretty sad that Howard can't stop some nobodies named Brule and Potulny on shootouts. Guy just ******* sucks in that situation

Anyway, it seems that Calgary and Nashville are better apt to show up every game against every opponent. This Wings team because of its poor leadership can't do that.

Has there ever been a team that deserved to make the playoffs less than the 2010 Red Wings?

The East always seems to have a couple teams that seem to make the playoffs by default. You think Boston deserves to be in the playoffs after the pansy game they played? I don't. But as of today they have a spot.

i'm sure this has been said on here a lot...but i'm late to the game. :)

i had never even heard of the guys who scored on us. never. we have pavel datsyuk. i'd never even heard of their goalie. we have a calder contender. how in the f*** did we lose this shootout? i seriously wonder why we even take the ice for these things anymore. i mean, than god we at least got one goddam point out of this game. BUT HOW DID WE JUST LOSE TO EDMONTON!?!?!

i only got to watch the second half, and that at a bar with no sound. but it really seemed like we were carrying the play for the entire third period and all of OT. and yet we come up with a loss. :(

Guest nutz2u

Okay, so where is the logic in not combining them? Why can't they be combined?

Are they not the same thing?

Makes as much sense as insisting that a person that says Zetterberg makes 7.4M is skewing the facts.

Give it up.......

Edited by nutz2u

What happened last night was disgusting. Everyone should be buying Raffy drinks after that point he earned us. To me it looked like the Wings were always looking to 'show up' the oilers and make a perfect pass. It was retarded. How many times did they keep passing it around when they had clear chances to go at the net? That is one thing that drives me absolutely nuts about this team.

And Filpula, you are not Datsyuk ok? Stop trying to act like it. How many times does that kid have the puck knocked off his stick or bumped off the puck? I know his numbers aren't that bad, but I am not a fan. Putting him for the shootout was a little odd considering you still had Franzen and Zetterberg, and hell, even Bert. Filpula scored a big shootout goal last time or the time before though, so maybe that's why Babcock was thinking that.

I can't believe we lost yesterday. I was disgusted. You cannot lose those 2 points to the worst team in the league. I'm definitely going to look back at this debacle if the wings don't make the playoffs.

It seriously astounds me. We played the worst team in the league, with a goalie who has never won a game in 10 tries or whatever, and we give him his first win. WTF man? SERIOUSLY

No excuse. Absolutely no excuse.

They'd better beat Vancouver. I don't think Calgary will be helping with the standings anymore.

I'm just telling you why Babcock picked Filppula. After Datsyuk, Williams and MAYBE Bertuzzi (though when was the last time he scored a goal), Filppula is the best option. Is he 1 for 5 in shootouts? Fine, but it's hardly the entire picture. Miller is 100% in shootouts. Maybe he should go first every time?

Bertuzzi scored a clutch shootout goal against the Blues some time ago, and a spinorama against Chicago.

He has lost his scoring touch, but perhaps if he scored in the shootout tonight, it would've given him some confidence back.

Guest screwdahawks

I would have picked Eaves, Bert, Lids, Homer or Miller to shoot before Flip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually the only one I have less confidence to score a goal is Lilja..

Guest mindfly

Anyone know how the f*** the coaching staff are thinking putting filppula as the 3rd guy? Franzen is the best goal scorer on the team... it's ******* obvious if you ask me who should be the 3rd.

Only team I can think of are those Rangers teams in the early part of the last decade, with all that talent.

Pretty sad that Howard can't stop some nobodies named Brule and Potulny on shootouts. Guy just ******* sucks in that situation

Anyway, it seems that Calgary and Nashville are better apt to show up every game against every opponent. This Wings team because of its poor leadership can't do that.

What are you talking about? Calgary has the pretty much the same record as the wings. They obviously "show up" to play just as often as the wings do. And if the team makes it into the 8th seed, then they are perfectly deserving of making the playoffs. Some people are huge babies on this site whenever they wings lose. Sure, they should have won that game, but at least they showed some fight in the third to get that one point out of a game where they probably shouldn't have had any.

I don't know why you guys are blaming Flip for the shootout loss.

When your goalie gives up two shootout goals (to players no one has heard of), you're going to lose the game. Even if Franzen shot, he probably would have missed with our shootout prowess.

As for suggesting that Bert and Hank should shoot, get real. Bert couldn't score with a hooker right now, and Hank has been terrible in shootouts his whole career.

The first 5 minutes of the game (due to laziness) and our s***ty shootout record are to blame for the loss. That doesn't mean I'm happy with Flip's play, because it isn't very good right now, but him missing the final shot is not why we lost.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

No kidding. What the hell has Filppula done to earn that? Did his whopping eight goals promote him to sniper status for the shootout?

Puzzling move with Johan Franzen and Todd Bertuzzi sitting on your bench.

No, he just reads LGW and was convinced Filppula is a first line Phenom.

Let's take a look here...the top shootout shooters dressed tonight were, just based on my opinion:

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Williams

Franzen

Lidstrom

Cleary

Bertuzzi

Rafalski

Eaves

Filppula

Kronwall

Miller

Holmstrom

Helm

Ericsson

Draper

Stuart

Lilja

Now, that's just my opinion...but Flip is in the bottom half of that list. He's behind two defensemen and seven forwards. Why the hell was he out there? The guy can pass. Who is he passing to on the shootout, Mike? Maybe Babcock is confused and forgot that it was Hudler who was really good at shootouts, not Filppula.

I'd put Miller up there too.

No kidding. What the hell has Filppula done to earn that? Did his whopping eight goals promote him to sniper status for the shootout?

Puzzling move with Johan Franzen and Todd Bertuzzi sitting on your bench.

No, he just reads LGW and was convinced Filppula is a first line Phenom.

Let's take a look here...the top shootout shooters dressed tonight were, just based on my opinion:

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Williams

Franzen

Lidstrom

Cleary

Bertuzzi

Rafalski

Eaves

Filppula

Kronwall

Miller

Holmstrom

Helm

Ericsson

Draper

Stuart

Lilja

Now, that's just my opinion...but Flip is in the bottom half of that list. He's behind two defensemen and seven forwards. Why the hell was he out there? The guy can pass. Who is he passing to on the shootout, Mike? Maybe Babcock is confused and forgot that it was Hudler who was really good at shootouts, not Filppula.

I'd put Miller up there too.

Terrible. I don't know how we got a point out of this. The whole team was awful tonight. The worst part is that it won't matter when we're tied for 8th place, because we have much fewer wins then anyone else. Zetterberg needs to be better, I know he got his big pay-day, but damn...he needs to play like a 7 million dollar player.

What the frick are you talking about? We outshot them like 17-3 in the 3rd. Awful huh? Howard gave up 2 2 goals total.

Damn bandwagon fans.

What the frick are you talking about? We outshot them like 17-3 in the 3rd. Awful huh? Howard gave up 2 2 goals total.

Damn bandwagon fans.

Still plugging away at it, huh?

How dare anyone criticize the team for not beating Edmonton in the biggest game of the season.

Still plugging away at it, huh?

How dare anyone criticize the team for not beating Edmonton in the biggest game of the season.

I know really, its one thing to lose to Edmonton when you are setup for the playoffs and don't have to show up every night but when you need every single point you can get and manage to lose to the worst team in the league that is a joke. Other teams want it more then the Wings right now and that is a fact.

"The Wings lost in a shootout of a regular season game! I'm buying a Penguins jersey!AHOUaskjsjdkkskjsdksdkbHD(*FG("

Thank goodness most of these people stayed away from the gun cabinet after last night. I'd be worried if I lived in some places. :hehe:

Ultimately, for all the wrist-slitters, there's no doubt the Wings shoulda played better in the first period but that's about it. For whatever reason this year, Edmonton has our number. They block shots well and clog up lanes better than their defensive record says they do. I'd have loved to see them turn around their record against the Oilers but any NHL team's really tough after four days of video golf and making pictograms and whatever the hell else they did up in the Okanagon.

I'd glad they're going to be playing Vancouver with Babs pissed off and the entire team thinking about the point they just gave away. Anyone notive the Pens just shat the bed against Columbus? It happens to the best teams.

BTW all, whoever misses the playoffs in the West will probably have eight or nine points more than Boston or Atlanta or the Rangers or whoever else fails their way into the East #8.