• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Hank and Flip Not Working Out Well

Rate this topic

I wanted them to play together several weeks ago, but I can see now that they have no chemistry at all.

They've played like 4 or 5 games together, and I don't think that line has scored 1 goal in that time. We don't have time to wait for them to develop chemistry together and I think the line needs to be split.

Hank is playing like crap and Flip is afraid to shoot. Cleary and Bert both suck right now.

Basically, we have no second line and haven't had it even during this 3 game winning streak.

The only solution to this that I can see is to break up the top line. If Bertuzzi can get back his scoring touch, it is going to be with Datsyuk. Franzén was great in the playoffs last year with Zetterberg and Cleary, so hopefully that line could get going again. That would leave Filppula centering Miller and Williams, which would be an okay third line. Miller and Filppula are both defensively sound, Miller could do the dirty work, Filppula could pass the puck, and Slick Willy could shoot.

Oh come on man the thread similar to this one is like #10 on the first page. Oh well.

Like I said in the other thread I think it's mostly Zetterberg. It seems like pain accompanies every stride for him. He's trying to deny it as well as he can but it's not something he can play through and produce over a point per game. The telling part of his year is when they reunited the Euro Twins for many games and he just didn't look all that great.

I agree that Z and Flip have been a disappointment this year, but you can say that about the whole team in general. As for lines, I'm not sure what to think anymore. Seems that chemistry is short lived or non-existent.

Maybe try Pav-Z-Mule together? I don't know, maybe that's first line overkill, but that's about the only combo we haven't seen yet.

The problem is with Filppula. $3 mil for a "playmaker" who doesn't shoot.

How can a line do anything if you don't shoot????

Wings have plenty of playmakers. They need shooters. And all the playmakers are trying to make that perfect pass or perfect setup.

Half the time I find myself just telling them to shoot, shoot, shoot!!!

Just throw the frickin' puck at the net already. Play the frickin' rebound off the goalie. And tell Kronwall to lower his shot about 6 feet.

I don't get it. What is so hard about just throwing the puck in the front of the crease and banging away at it??

Filppula passes so much that he is also very good at passing it directly to the opposition players.... he did that a couple of times last night.

And the number of "back-passes" is just unbelievable. Half the time when they go into the offensive zone they pass it so much they don't even get the puck anywhere near the net.

And Zetterberg is DEFINITELY not skating at the same speed we saw last year.

Edited by Icesurfer

I certainly agree with this! I liked it when Babcock put Big Bert and Mule with Pavel, ut he didnt try them for more then that 30 second shift:( but hopefully he'll try them again sometime! But the 1st line I say stick with the exception being rotate bert and franzen from line 1 and 2 between dats and Z.

Franzen~Datsyuk~Holmstrom

Bertuzzi~Zetterberg~Williams

Filpulla~Helm~Eaves

Miller~Draper~Cleary

I really want to see Helm with someone that can play, and eaves has a great shot. So my first though was Helm and Z but...we all know Z cant keep up with Helm (though maybe thats what he needs). I also think people will agre Flip is playing his best when he's actin'a beast running people down and playing with a real edge, he also has great speed. So put him with Helm who can energize anyone by the looks of it, and also bring some fitness to the other two guys. Line 1 and two speak for them selfs and line four can still chip in some bug goals too (cant go wrong with 3 clutch dudes)

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Homstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Williams

Miller-Fil-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

First off, I know babs isnt breaking up the 4th.

All I see is franzen is invisible on the first line at the moment, you'd think that playing with dats he would have more time and space, but he really just doesnt seem to have the puck. I know ill get slammed, but get bert up top with dats and homer, even if bert isnt playing like a champ he can rely on dats' defense and homer's net presence, he would just have to roll around and try to get pucks on net.

This frees up franzen to play with zetterberg and williams. This will get some pucks on net, seeing as cleary isn't being himself, it makes sense to demote him to the third line, maybe he can get his mojo going down on the third with less expectations.

I don't think either one would blame it on the chemistry of their linemates, they'd just say they're not playing up to their potential. And they'd be right. I wear a Z jersey and he hasn't been making me very proud to do so, but I know he'll remind me why he's the friggin' s*** pretty soon here. He used to not have to be scoring goals for me to be pleased with his level of play, but something has been up with Z lately, he needs to get it turned around now.

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Homstrom

The last thing we need is that line reunited.

Flip should be traded next year. He has talent, but he's just not working for the team. He has no chemistry, can't score, won't shoot, among other criticisms. We could someone decent for him, and the WIngs should trade up for a scorer who might work out better.

The problem is breaking up Zetterberg and Datsyuk, why do you think Zetterberg can't produce? And someone needs to smack Filppula in the head with a 2x4 and knock some sense into him, SHOOT THE PUCK!

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Filppula-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Miller-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Zetterberg isn't playing like $7M so yes I'm surprised by his poor play this season. In this moment I would rather have Hossa than Zetterberg even he's my favorite player right now...

Flip is flop - why everyone seems surprised by his play? He's WAY overpaid.

Have you all forgotten that combing Zetterberg and Datsyuk doesn't work anymore?

Not sure if you're being serious but the reason it hasn't worked this year is mainly because of Zetterberg. He's having a bad season for his standards.

Not sure if you're being serious but the reason it hasn't worked this year is mainly because of Zetterberg. He's having a bad season for his standards.

It isnt just Zetterberg. There used to be magic with that line, it's gone, when put together they wouldnt shoot and just force everything to the other guy. I dont know why Babs doesnt just go back to what works, Bert with Datsyuk and Franzen with Zetterberg. Plug Homer and Cleary on those lines and let Fil play with Miller and Williams, his lackluster play hasnt earned him anything, then again neither has Zetterberg but put the talent where it belongs.

The problem is with Filppula. $3 mil for a "playmaker" who doesn't shoot.

How can a line do anything if you don't shoot????

Wings have plenty of playmakers. They need shooters. And all the playmakers are trying to make that perfect pass or perfect setup.

Half the time I find myself just telling them to shoot, shoot, shoot!!!

Just throw the frickin' puck at the net already. Play the frickin' rebound off the goalie. And tell Kronwall to lower his shot about 6 feet.

I don't get it. What is so hard about just throwing the puck in the front of the crease and banging away at it??

Filppula passes so much that he is also very good at passing it directly to the opposition players.... he did that a couple of times last night.

And the number of "back-passes" is just unbelievable. Half the time when they go into the offensive zone they pass it so much they don't even get the puck anywhere near the net.

And Zetterberg is DEFINITELY not skating at the same speed we saw last year.

If Zetterberg is as good as his cap hit says, he should be the one making other players better in that line. Not Filppula. Superstars play well, no matter who play with them.

Why not try these lines:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Miller-Williams-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

These have been suggested like 322564 times already, but Babs hasn't even tried them.

Filppula was almost a PPG player over 20 games playing with Miller/Cleary/Bertuzzi on the second line. Flip is not the problem, Hank is.

Plus Filppula is twice the center he is a winger. I just think switching that up with do a lot of good.

I vote putting Zetterberg and Datsyuk together and having Flip center the second line with Franzen.

It isnt just Zetterberg. There used to be magic with that line, it's gone, when put together they wouldnt shoot and just force everything to the other guy. I dont know why Babs doesnt just go back to what works, Bert with Datsyuk and Franzen with Zetterberg. Plug Homer and Cleary on those lines and let Fil play with Miller and Williams, his lackluster play hasnt earned him anything, then again neither has Zetterberg but put the talent where it belongs.

I hope you're not talking about Filppula's lackluster play. He's played better than all except Franzen, Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

And Bert with Datsyuk won't do s***. Bert with anyone doesn't work.

The problem is breaking up Zetterberg and Datsyuk, why do you think Zetterberg can't produce? And someone needs to smack Filppula in the head with a 2x4 and knock some sense into him, SHOOT THE PUCK!

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Filppula-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Miller-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

If Z is actually hurting I highly doubt putting him on D's line will actually make him healthy as much as a magician as he is.

If he is hurt he is hurt and we will be breaking up a good thing with Franzen and D. Franzen is great but D creates space for him. Flip won't be able to do that. I'm willing to do anything as long as D and Franzen aren't broken up.

It's extreme but:

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Franzen

Bertuzzi/Williams/Homlstrom

Miller/Filppula/Cleary

Draper/Helm/Eaves

Williams on the second line purely because he will shoot the puck as opposed to Flip. Not a fast line but they could grind it out and use Williams as the shooter with Holmer taking his usual role out front.

Edited by zettie85

So when a 3 mil cap hit player is producing at near what he should be but a guy near 7mil cap hit is playing well below satisfactory, the obvious thing to do it criticize the 3mil cap hit guy? Only on LGW

Z has won a Conn Smythe. Regardless of skill difference, he has earned his respect even if he isn't playing quite like Z right now.