• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Hank and Flip Not Working Out Well

Rate this topic

The problem is breaking up Zetterberg and Datsyuk, why do you think Zetterberg can't produce? And someone needs to smack Filppula in the head with a 2x4 and knock some sense into him, SHOOT THE PUCK!

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Filppula-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Miller-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

I agree. More often than not I would advocate for Z and Pavel to be split up but not having a second line is killing this team. Filppula hasn't done anything to help on Z's line, Cleary is cold, Bertuzzi is colder. Franzen is going to score goals regardless of where he plays.

I like your lines except I would flip Cleary/Bertuzzi.

Filppula was almost a PPG player over 20 games playing with Miller/Cleary/Bertuzzi on the second line. Flip is not the problem, Hank is.

Plus Filppula is twice the center he is a winger. I just think switching that up with do a lot of good.

I vote putting Zetterberg and Datsyuk together and having Flip center the second line with Franzen.

I hope you're not talking about Filppula's lackluster play. He's played better than all except Franzen, Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

And Bert with Datsyuk won't do s***. Bert with anyone doesn't work.

Bertuzzi with Datsyuk and Homer was a strong line for a stretch. Bertuzzi and Z have no chemistry though. I think it's a bit unfair to say Bert doesn't work with anyone when he carried this team offensively for a handful of games earlier.

Drunken posting/threads can be really awesome though. You look back the next day and are all like, "...I said that?"

:ph34r:

Hold on, I started this thread?

WTF?

Seriously, though, they have played like crap for many games together until tonight, and I'm glad they figured out some chemistry finally, cause we couldn't wait for them much longer without changing lines around.

:ph34r:

Seriously, though, they have played like crap for many games together until tonight, and I'm glad they figured out some chemistry finally, cause we couldn't wait for them much longer without changing lines around.

True and they can enjoy it tonight but I feel like we've seen this before. Remember how awesome Filppula was in last year's playoffs in Game 4 against ANA and CHI? I don't mean to start a s***storm in this thread, I'm just saying they can enjoy it tonight and let's see what happens on Monday.

Hank's goal was more of the classic Zetterberg we're used to, and he always seems to score on Luongo to boot so the timing was good in more ways than one. Though I'm sure he was cognizant of the fact that he was on the clock with his OT winner, I wonder if he would have shot the puck when he did if the period wasn't about to end?

The only solution to this that I can see is to break up the top line. If Bertuzzi can get back his scoring touch, it is going to be with Datsyuk. Franzén was great in the playoffs last year with Zetterberg and Cleary, so hopefully that line could get going again. That would leave Filppula centering Miller and Williams, which would be an okay third line. Miller and Filppula are both defensively sound, Miller could do the dirty work, Filppula could pass the puck, and Slick Willy could shoot.

EPIC FAIL!

Guest Shoreline

this thread was started five days ago lol. how the seasons have changed on LGW!

Reminds me of a funny phrase in a Grand Theft Auto commercial:

The Earth is bipolar, I am too!

Might explain how certain players get excessively worshiped for doing good things and taken to the guillotine when having off days.

Karyia does not approve:

flipz.jpg

"Sorry Paul, no manly lovin' for you"

Edited by Shoreline

I think it's time to split the top line everyone.

They haven't scored in like 3 games!

Bertuzzi~Dats~Williams

Flip~Hank~Franzen

Eaves~Miller~Holmstrom

Draper~Helm~Cleary

Now I think this move would use chemistry bert and dats already have, add williams and his shot into the mix. Also I think it would really wake williams up, Im not the biggest fan but he has shown glimmers of what he can do so. As for Holmer, PP speacilist and Miller is a machine at winning puck battles, he might as well feed a shooter...eaves! Im sure it wont happen, but it would be intersting.

or like babs did the other nite for two seconds

Bertuzzi~Dats~Franzen

Flip~Hank~Holmstrom

Edited by 13dangledangle

Bertuzzi~Dats~Williams

Flip~Hank~Franzen

Eaves~Miller~Holmstrom

Draper~Helm~Cleary

Now I think this move would use chemistry bert and dats already have, add williams and his shot into the mix. Also I think it would really wake williams up, Im not the biggest fan but he has shown glimmers of what he can do so. As for Holmer, PP speacilist and Miller is a machine at winning puck battles, he might as well feed a shooter...eaves! Im sure it wont happen, but it would be intersting.

or like babs did the other nite for two seconds

Bertuzzi~Dats~Franzen

Flip~Hank~Holmstrom

:D