• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Hank and Flip Not Working Out Well

Rate this topic

How come you didn't post that last week when that line was invisible for like 5 games straight after being put together?

:thumbdown:

I posted in here during those games, so i think i earned the right to post pictures of happy Zata and happy Flip :)

Plus, you have to give a scoring line a handful of games, 5-10, to gel.

Wow people,

I don't believe this crap split up the second and first line

Facts

1) #1 line has been scoring until teams put there top D pairing against them

2) side affect second line picks up slack 20 points the last three games

This thread is a joke someone should delete it I am done commenting not worth it :angry:

Well of course he isn't going to keep having 3 points every night, but it took around 5 games for the line to click so lets hope they can keep it up. I'd like to keep Bert in over Cleary when he gets back.

Yes. Its time to devote our attention to how much Cleary sucks.

Ok seriously....Hank has played SIX less games than Pasha and has 1 less point. This constant "Zetterberg needs to step it up" needs to stop (unless you're gonna call out th entire team). As for Flip, he has 35 points in 50 games and went on an huge streak when he was meshed with Z. Flip and Zetty also play great defensively- both of them, which cannot be said about Homer or The Mule so you cant just measure points as a yardstick for success.

10 days ago the Zetty, Flip, Bert line was the second coming but they dont score in a few and they are thrown under a bus...sheesh!

:angry:

Ok seriously....Hank has played SIX less games than Pasha and has 1 less point. This constant "Zetterberg needs to step it up" needs to stop (unless you're gonna call out th entire team). As for Flip, he has 35 points in 50 games and went on an huge streak when he was meshed with Z. Flip and Zetty also play great defensively- both of them, which cannot be said about Homer or The Mule so you cant just measure points as a yardstick for success.

10 days ago the Zetty, Flip, Bert line was the second coming but they dont score in a few and they are thrown under a bus...sheesh!

Who's putting the goals up? That's the big problem. Hank should be good for 40 goals a season.

Datsyuk has looked like the old Datsyuk in many instances now though. Those same instances are rarer for Zetterberg. I think that's where the frustration lies for a lot of fans. Datsyuk looks more dangerous much more often.

And it's quite possible that Datsyuk IS just as dangerous as ever. His goals are quite near his pace from the last few seasons. What is down is the assists. This is largely understandable since he was playing a lot of games with worse finishers than he's used to. It would explain how he could look dangerous and not be putting up points like other years. (Although admittedly, the guy was just ice cold early on in the season).

As far as Zetterberg, he's supposed to put the puck in the net. I'm not saying he's been a liability by any means. He's great defensively. But too often he's a non-factor offensively. The guy himself admitted during the Olympic break that he hadn't been having a good season.

It does seem like it's turning around though, despite the last couple of games. He's been getting better offensively. I just hope that he can get back to the Z form we all know and love for the playoffs.

Edited by Zetts

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Who's putting the goals up? That's the big problem. Hank should be good for 40 goals a season.

I make that argument everytime somebody says "We dont have any scorers!!!"

I wanted them to play together several weeks ago, but I can see now that they have no chemistry at all.

They've played like 4 or 5 games together, and I don't think that line has scored 1 goal in that time. We don't have time to wait for them to develop chemistry together and I think the line needs to be split.

Hank is playing like crap and Flip is afraid to shoot. Cleary and Bert both suck right now.

Basically, we have no second line and haven't had it even during this 3 game winning streak.

but i have minutes:)

Datsyuk has looked like the old Datsyuk in many instances now though. Those same instances are rarer for Zetterberg. I think that's where the frustration lies for a lot of fans. Datsyuk looks more dangerous much more often.

And it's quite possible that Datsyuk IS just as dangerous as ever. His goals are quite near his pace from the last few seasons. What is down is the assists. This is largely understandable since he was playing a lot of games with worse finishers than he's used to. It would explain how he could look dangerous and not be putting up points like other years. (Although admittedly, the guy was just ice cold early on in the season).

As far as Zetterberg, he's supposed to put the puck in the net. I'm not saying he's been a liability by any means. He's great defensively. But too often he's a non-factor offensively. The guy himself admitted during the Olympic break that he hadn't been having a good season.

It does seem like it's turning around though, despite the last couple of games. He's been getting better offensively. I just hope that he can get back to the Z form we all know and love for the playoffs.

I agree with what you are saying about Dats being more dangerous more often. Its clear that Z if "off" for some reason but I guess I am tired about hearing how he needs to step it up when he is second in points and plays great defensively. He was awesome in the playoffs last year and he really seems to rise to the occasion when they play excellent teams ( I am thinking of Pitt) Anyway,it just floors me that if a guy or a line doesnt produce for a few games, they suck. Zetty and Flip together, I think, will work...just as it has in the past.