• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

Filppula was almost a PPG player over 20 games playing with Miller/Cleary/Bertuzzi on the second line. Flip is not the problem, Hank is.

Plus Filppula is twice the center he is a winger. I just think switching that up with do a lot of good.

I vote putting Zetterberg and Datsyuk together and having Flip center the second line with Franzen.

It isnt just Zetterberg. There used to be magic with that line, it's gone, when put together they wouldnt shoot and just force everything to the other guy. I dont know why Babs doesnt just go back to what works, Bert with Datsyuk and Franzen with Zetterberg. Plug Homer and Cleary on those lines and let Fil play with Miller and Williams, his lackluster play hasnt earned him anything, then again neither has Zetterberg but put the talent where it belongs.

I hope you're not talking about Filppula's lackluster play. He's played better than all except Franzen, Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

And Bert with Datsyuk won't do s***. Bert with anyone doesn't work.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#22 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

The problem is breaking up Zetterberg and Datsyuk, why do you think Zetterberg can't produce? And someone needs to smack Filppula in the head with a 2x4 and knock some sense into him, SHOOT THE PUCK!

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Cleary-Filppula-Franzen
Bertuzzi-Miller-Williams
Draper-Helm-Eaves

If Z is actually hurting I highly doubt putting him on D's line will actually make him healthy as much as a magician as he is.

If he is hurt he is hurt and we will be breaking up a good thing with Franzen and D. Franzen is great but D creates space for him. Flip won't be able to do that. I'm willing to do anything as long as D and Franzen aren't broken up.

It's extreme but:

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Franzen
Bertuzzi/Williams/Homlstrom
Miller/Filppula/Cleary
Draper/Helm/Eaves

Williams on the second line purely because he will shoot the puck as opposed to Flip. Not a fast line but they could grind it out and use Williams as the shooter with Holmer taking his usual role out front.

Edited by zettie85, 20 March 2010 - 03:56 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#23 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

So when a 3 mil cap hit player is producing at near what he should be but a guy near 7mil cap hit is playing well below satisfactory, the obvious thing to do it criticize the 3mil cap hit guy? Only on LGW
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#24 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

So when a 3 mil cap hit player is producing at near what he should be but a guy near 7mil cap hit is playing well below satisfactory, the obvious thing to do it criticize the 3mil cap hit guy? Only on LGW

Z has won a Conn Smythe. Regardless of skill difference, he has earned his respect even if he isn't playing quite like Z right now.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#25 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

It has nothing to do with the reality, but the name.

#26 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

z simply needs to step it up himself. its not anyone elses fault

#27 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

The problem is breaking up Zetterberg and Datsyuk, why do you think Zetterberg can't produce? And someone needs to smack Filppula in the head with a 2x4 and knock some sense into him, SHOOT THE PUCK!

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Cleary-Filppula-Franzen
Bertuzzi-Miller-Williams
Draper-Helm-Eaves

I agree. More often than not I would advocate for Z and Pavel to be split up but not having a second line is killing this team. Filppula hasn't done anything to help on Z's line, Cleary is cold, Bertuzzi is colder. Franzen is going to score goals regardless of where he plays.

I like your lines except I would flip Cleary/Bertuzzi.

Filppula was almost a PPG player over 20 games playing with Miller/Cleary/Bertuzzi on the second line. Flip is not the problem, Hank is.

Plus Filppula is twice the center he is a winger. I just think switching that up with do a lot of good.

I vote putting Zetterberg and Datsyuk together and having Flip center the second line with Franzen.

I hope you're not talking about Filppula's lackluster play. He's played better than all except Franzen, Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

And Bert with Datsyuk won't do s***. Bert with anyone doesn't work.

Bertuzzi with Datsyuk and Homer was a strong line for a stretch. Bertuzzi and Z have no chemistry though. I think it's a bit unfair to say Bert doesn't work with anyone when he carried this team offensively for a handful of games earlier.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#28 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

Didn't Babs say he wont pair Dats and Zets together because they are both natural centers? Dats maybe, but I think Zets is a better winger, imo. It's Babs, though...

#29 themule93

themule93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

they played pretty well tonight, goal and 2 assists for flip and an overtime winner with a helper for zetterberg, pretty good if you ask me

#30 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

Who's the dumbass who started this thread?

Where are you now, huh?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#31 themule93

themule93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

Where are you now, huh?

hes hiding cause he just got served... dont blame the guy, what a kick in the pants

#32 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

Where are you now, huh?

I think I saw him at Roscoe's Crow and Waffles.

Naw but it's just one game. Let's see what they can do over a series of games.

#33 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

hes hiding cause he just got served... dont blame the guy, what a kick in the pants

I agree. :thumbup:

He must have been drunk last night when he started the thread at 4 a.m.

#34 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

Drunken posting/threads can be really awesome though. You look back the next day and are all like, "...I said that?"

#35 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

Where are you now, huh?

GMR has always been a vaunted Filppula supporter.

#36 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

Drunken posting/threads can be really awesome though. You look back the next day and are all like, "...I said that?"

:ph34r:

Hold on, I started this thread?

WTF?

Seriously, though, they have played like crap for many games together until tonight, and I'm glad they figured out some chemistry finally, cause we couldn't wait for them much longer without changing lines around.

#37 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

:ph34r:

Seriously, though, they have played like crap for many games together until tonight, and I'm glad they figured out some chemistry finally, cause we couldn't wait for them much longer without changing lines around.

True and they can enjoy it tonight but I feel like we've seen this before. Remember how awesome Filppula was in last year's playoffs in Game 4 against ANA and CHI? I don't mean to start a s***storm in this thread, I'm just saying they can enjoy it tonight and let's see what happens on Monday.

#38 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

Well of course he isn't going to keep having 3 points every night, but it took around 5 games for the line to click so lets hope they can keep it up. I'd like to keep Bert in over Cleary when he gets back.

#39 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

Hank's goal was more of the classic Zetterberg we're used to, and he always seems to score on Luongo to boot so the timing was good in more ways than one. Though I'm sure he was cognizant of the fact that he was on the clock with his OT winner, I wonder if he would have shot the puck when he did if the period wasn't about to end?
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:47 AM

Posted Image

They disagree.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".