• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

They've cooled off a bit and had a particularly bad game this afternoon, but with Pavel's line playing so well I don't see any reason to mix it up. Patience for Hank and Flip to get back their mojo.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#62 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

Ok seriously....Hank has played SIX less games than Pasha and has 1 less point. This constant "Zetterberg needs to step it up" needs to stop (unless you're gonna call out th entire team). As for Flip, he has 35 points in 50 games and went on an huge streak when he was meshed with Z. Flip and Zetty also play great defensively- both of them, which cannot be said about Homer or The Mule so you cant just measure points as a yardstick for success.
10 days ago the Zetty, Flip, Bert line was the second coming but they dont score in a few and they are thrown under a bus...sheesh!
:angry:
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#63 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

FYI I was kidding.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#64 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

double post

Edited by Z and D for the C, 04 April 2010 - 12:04 AM.

#65 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

Ok seriously....Hank has played SIX less games than Pasha and has 1 less point. This constant "Zetterberg needs to step it up" needs to stop (unless you're gonna call out th entire team). As for Flip, he has 35 points in 50 games and went on an huge streak when he was meshed with Z. Flip and Zetty also play great defensively- both of them, which cannot be said about Homer or The Mule so you cant just measure points as a yardstick for success.
10 days ago the Zetty, Flip, Bert line was the second coming but they dont score in a few and they are thrown under a bus...sheesh!

Who's putting the goals up? That's the big problem. Hank should be good for 40 goals a season.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#66 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:19 AM

Datsyuk has looked like the old Datsyuk in many instances now though. Those same instances are rarer for Zetterberg. I think that's where the frustration lies for a lot of fans. Datsyuk looks more dangerous much more often.

And it's quite possible that Datsyuk IS just as dangerous as ever. His goals are quite near his pace from the last few seasons. What is down is the assists. This is largely understandable since he was playing a lot of games with worse finishers than he's used to. It would explain how he could look dangerous and not be putting up points like other years. (Although admittedly, the guy was just ice cold early on in the season).

As far as Zetterberg, he's supposed to put the puck in the net. I'm not saying he's been a liability by any means. He's great defensively. But too often he's a non-factor offensively. The guy himself admitted during the Olympic break that he hadn't been having a good season.

It does seem like it's turning around though, despite the last couple of games. He's been getting better offensively. I just hope that he can get back to the Z form we all know and love for the playoffs.

Edited by Zetts, 04 April 2010 - 12:25 AM.

#67 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:32 AM

Zetterberg was invisible last night IMO. To be honest Fil has looked like the best player on that line since it's been put together. Great for Fil, not so great for Z.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#68 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

Here's to hoping they have a good game today and put in at least a couple of goals.

#69 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

Who's putting the goals up? That's the big problem. Hank should be good for 40 goals a season.

I make that argument everytime somebody says "We dont have any scorers!!!"
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#70 Icemann778

Icemann778

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

I wanted them to play together several weeks ago, but I can see now that they have no chemistry at all.

They've played like 4 or 5 games together, and I don't think that line has scored 1 goal in that time. We don't have time to wait for them to develop chemistry together and I think the line needs to be split.

Hank is playing like crap and Flip is afraid to shoot. Cleary and Bert both suck right now.

Basically, we have no second line and haven't had it even during this 3 game winning streak.

but i have minutes:)

#71 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

Datsyuk has looked like the old Datsyuk in many instances now though. Those same instances are rarer for Zetterberg. I think that's where the frustration lies for a lot of fans. Datsyuk looks more dangerous much more often.

And it's quite possible that Datsyuk IS just as dangerous as ever. His goals are quite near his pace from the last few seasons. What is down is the assists. This is largely understandable since he was playing a lot of games with worse finishers than he's used to. It would explain how he could look dangerous and not be putting up points like other years. (Although admittedly, the guy was just ice cold early on in the season).

As far as Zetterberg, he's supposed to put the puck in the net. I'm not saying he's been a liability by any means. He's great defensively. But too often he's a non-factor offensively. The guy himself admitted during the Olympic break that he hadn't been having a good season.

It does seem like it's turning around though, despite the last couple of games. He's been getting better offensively. I just hope that he can get back to the Z form we all know and love for the playoffs.

I agree with what you are saying about Dats being more dangerous more often. Its clear that Z if "off" for some reason but I guess I am tired about hearing how he needs to step it up when he is second in points and plays great defensively. He was awesome in the playoffs last year and he really seems to rise to the occasion when they play excellent teams ( I am thinking of Pitt) Anyway,it just floors me that if a guy or a line doesnt produce for a few games, they suck. Zetty and Flip together, I think, will work...just as it has in the past.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!