• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/20 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Canucks 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

I love how everybody on this forum is just used this by now.. its almost a sad story of the season.. 20 games ago this bored would be lit up with arguments of Wings are terrible vs Its just one game.. now everyone is kind of just numb to it.. :unsure:

When Zetterberg and Filppula are only average offensively, this team doesn't have enough to compete with the NHL's elite. We are just a mediocre team at best without them. It's too easy on other team's defenses - they only worry about one line...

The second line as looked much, much better than the first so far.

I love how everybody on this forum is just used this by now.. its almost a sad story of the season.. 20 games ago this bored would be lit up with arguments of Wings are terrible vs Its just one game.. now everyone is kind of just numb to it.. :unsure:

Try...65 games ago.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If you get punched in the face enough times, you get numb to it. It's sad that we are numb to it and just goes to show how bad this season has been.

People are just realizing the inevitable.

This team's dominance is over, and they need some changes in the offseason. Before, there was the injury excuse, but that isn't working anymore.

why wont the puck go in the net? no bounces in last game or this game, soooo many scrambles and no bulge in the net. im getting pissed, we cant put the puck in the net. im thinking we just start praying for some luck.

Dear hockey gods,

let the puck find its way into the back of vancouver's net

we are due for some good luck

smile on us

amen

Goodbye Detroit. No playoffs this year. It was 20 years ago the last time we missed the playoffs. I am sick of the biased reffing, Mike Ilitch has to see this s***, why doesn't he say something!!!! Maybe he is getting paid off to keep quiet. I think its time to give Howard a rest. Looking like a rookie now a days. Granted he is playing just as good (or crappy if u may) as everyone else, but he doesn't need to get burned out. Once again, off season, only a select few are untouchable. This team is playing pathetic, at least we have the injuries to blame, oh wait, they're healthy. Make deals Holland or lose credibility.

Because we get penalized for it every goddamned time. Opposing teams get away with liberties vs Wings forwards in front of the net more than any team in the league. I say this with a lot of diverse hockey watching and no hyperbole.

Ok, you expect me to take you seriously, but I just can't. Every time? Yet you a diverse hockey watcher? I call bullcrap on that. I am a diverse hockey watcher and I don't see the Wings defense doing it only spontaneously. They really need to pick up the intensity. Especially Kronwall and Stuart.

You say they get called for it everytime. I say they are being lazy.

If you get punched in the face enough times, you get numb to it. It's sad that we are numb to it and just goes to show how bad this season has been.

Yup.. the really unfortunate part is eventually after enough punches to the face you go from being numb to being knocked out.. its kind of depressing to see the Flames go out every night and play there asses off and the Wings go out and look like it doesnt really matter what happens.

Guest Lidstromboli
Goodbye Detroit. No playoffs this year. It was 20 years ago the last time we missed the playoffs. I am sick of the biased reffing, Mike Ilitch has to see this s***, why doesn't he say something!!!! Maybe he is getting paid off to keep quiet. I think its time to give Howard a rest. Looking like a rookie now a days. Granted he is playing just as good (or crappy if u may) as everyone else, but he doesn't need to get burned out. Once again, off season, only a select few are untouchable. This team is playing pathetic, at least we have the injuries to blame, oh wait, they're healthy. Make deals Holland or lose credibility

lol

Edited by Lidstromboli

Wings are playing very well. Vancouver is extremely lucky to be leading right now. They got two breaks and we can't buy one. If the Wings continue to play this way they will win this game.

Goodbye Detroit. No playoffs this year. It was 20 years ago the last time we missed the playoffs. I am sick of the biased reffing, Mike Ilitch has to see this s***, why doesn't he say something!!!! Maybe he is getting paid off to keep quiet. I think its time to give Howard a rest. Looking like a rookie now a days. Granted he is playing just as good (or crappy if u may) as everyone else, but he doesn't need to get burned out. Once again, off season, only a select few are untouchable. This team is playing pathetic, at least we have the injuries to blame, oh wait, they're healthy. Make deals Holland or lose credibility.

Please cancel your account and leave. If more bandwagon fans like yourself leave, this place will be a lot more tolerable.

When Zetterberg and Filppula are only average offensively, this team doesn't have enough to compete with the NHL's elite. We are just a mediocre team at best without them. It's too easy on other team's defenses - they only worry about one line...

Zetterberg has been utterly useless offensively. He charges into the zone and does one of three things:

a) shoots from 60 feet with no traffic

b) stops moving his feet, spreads his legs and tries to glide past 2 defenders

c) cuts to the half wall, chews 15 seconds off the clock and gives the puck away

Filppula is equally as useless because for all the flash and dash stuff, he never shoots the puck. Defending Filppula is like a night off for the opposing defensemen.

Pav and Mule were invisible against Edmonton and they've looked fairly pedestrian through 20 minutes of this one.

We may be outshooting them 17-8, but a good 10 of those shots never had a prayer of going in or yielding a rebound.

Also, Meech plays defense while "being a forward". He collapses on the rush instead of attacking the guy crossing the line, which gives them a free pass into the zone on every rush.

Wings are playing very well. Vancouver is extremely lucky to be leading right now. They got two breaks and we can't buy one. If the Wings continue to play this way they will win this game. Roberto Luongo will win this game.

Just basing my correction on just about every other game this season.

In my opinion, Holmstrom pushes the boundaries more than other players. That's why he gets penalized.

That's not my question. I was talking about why he gets beat on and nobody calls a penalty on it, but we cross check people standing in front of our goalie and go to the box.

But since you mentioned that, I guess that's what the refs see. I think he doesn't interfere enough at all to be truly a penalty by rational standards. It's FRICKIN HOCKEY. they protect the goalies way too much. But I guess by current league standards, yeah, he does interfere. Just like Sedin did on Howard on that first goal. How many goals have we scored this year and got called back for some stupid thing like that?

It's my opinion that goal should stand and did, but by league rules and the way it is called, it should have been disallowed.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Yup.. the really unfortunate part is eventually after enough punches to the face you go from being numb to being knocked out.. its kind of depressing to see the Flames go out every night and play there asses off and the Wings go out and look like it doesnt really matter what happens.

The Wings don't look like that tonight but they get zero bounces and seem to have no luck. It's like they aren't meant to win.

Zetterberg has been utterly useless offensively. He charges into the zone and does one of three things:

a) shoots from 60 feet with no traffic

b) stops moving his feet, spreads his legs and tries to glide past 2 defenders

c) cuts to the half wall, chews 15 seconds off the clock and gives the puck away

Filppula is equally as useless because for all the flash and dash stuff, he never shoots the puck. Defending Filppula is like a night off for the opposing defensemen.

Pav and Mule were invisible against Edmonton and they've looked fairly pedestrian through 20 minutes of this one.

We may be outshooting them 17-8, but a good 10 of those shots never had a prayer of going in or yielding a rebound.

Also, Meech plays defense while "being a forward". He collapses on the rush instead of attacking the guy crossing the line, which gives them a free pass into the zone on every rush.

Agree 100% about Zetterberg and Filpula. I get the feeling sometimes Filpula thinks he has a Datsyuk jersey on and tries to act like it.

The second line as looked much, much better than the first so far.

I respectfully disagree with that. Our better scoring chances have come from Pav and Homer and the first power play unit.

Please cancel your account and leave. If more bandwagon fans like yourself leave, this place will be a lot more tolerable.

bandwagon because I am not sucking the red teet? Gimme a break, I was a fan way before you were and will be long after. If you cannot tolerate fans criticizing the Wings, then you sir have the issue, not us. When did you become a wings fan 1997?

Relax,

Holland will make a deal at the deadli.......oh wait we're f***ed. :ph34r: