• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/20 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Canucks 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

The Wings don't look like that tonight but they get zero bounces and seem to have no luck. It's like they aren't meant to win.

Here's my opinion on why they don't get breaks:1

1. They almost never shoot the puck at the net with traffic there.

2. One skater brings it in, tries to make some ridiculous cross-ice pass with 3 defenders in the middle

3. Skates in, gets to decent ice (between circles) and passes it to a winger somewhere by the boards

4. Cycles the puck way too much

5. One skater tries to beat 4 players

I'm so sick of seeing the fancy crap. For the love of God, 2 players go to the net, D man shoot into traffic. That's how most every goal has been scored on us lately.

Can anyone tell me why Helm decided to act like a human kite instead of block the shot on that second goal?

How useless can you be when you are in that position?

We don't block shots and we never clear the crease.

As I said, it's amazing that we collapse so much despite those two weaknesses.

Let me guess, I just have to "Believe"? I hate that slogan, or whatever people call it. As if believing has anything to do with some team on TV winning a game.

I never said anything about `Believe`, I just have this personal feeling that the Wings are gonna win this game.

Relax,

Holland will make a deal at the deadli.......oh wait we're f***ed. :ph34r:

So sad that I actually agree with this :(

I wish I had your gift for combining pessimism and humor, thanks for easing the pain just a little

I never said anything about `Believe`, I just have this personal feeling that the Wings are gonna win this game.

Who is the jackass who keeps going back to "believe" around here? Someone did that for yesterday's game, wait, someone does that for every game.

I hope you are correct.

Guest mjtm77

i hope we win im really pised off right ow kevin weeks is a horrible announcer ( spelling errors )

Time for Holland to prove that he is the best GM out there. He needs to make a deal on draft day to move up, WAY up/ He also needs to make a huge splash on July 1st. IF Lidstrom doesn't sign by July 1st (for $4MM or less) then Holland needs to move on. He cannot afford to wait until Lidstrom makes up his mind sometime in August...

Guest Howard He Do It?!

A great captain would shoulder the blame for this dismal season.

So Lidstrom is to blame for this season and is a bad captain because he didn't take the blame for a poor season?

I'm sure Lidstrom would step up and shoulder the blame for this season. Thats the kind of guy he is. But we all honestly know that it's not his fault. He doesn't make the whole team. He can only do so much by himself.

^ Lidstrom wouldn't do that.

More good pressure by the second line.

We'll see. He needs to make a decision by July 1st, or he will handcuff the Wings. Holland needs to let all UFA's except Lids and Holmstrom and possibly Eaves go. Move on, spend the money elsewhere on players that don't suck. Lids $4MM, Holmstrom $1.5MM, Eaves $500,000. That leaves $10,000,000 for spending on our RFA's and picking up a UFA or two...