• Please log in to reply
652 replies to this topic

#641 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

After getting 5 points on the Canadian Western trip, I think we've made the playoffs. Looking at the schedule, we should go 7-3-1, 15 points, in the remaining 11.

Edited by Barrie, 21 March 2010 - 02:51 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#642 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Nick, almost 40years old, played 27.45 and 27 some the night before against oilers... that's insane! :D

#643 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

OMG! is all i can say i was at the game tonight n wow this is the best wings/van game ive ever been to! DATSYUK! tonight was just wow i cant even say it thst how good n dangling he was what moves all night long! and ZETTA! scores buzzerbeater second night in a row im just speechless what a game to go to..to ferakin insane... also flip scoring on his bday my sister had a poster saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLIP! #51! and he was lookin in the warmup n smiling lol, n after the game me n my sister got to meet him n got our jerseys autographed while my sister got her flip jersey signed n we got a pic with him shook hands n he was first star of the game wow what a game n night just unbelievable!

Awesome! I bet you Fil had your sister's sign in mind when he scored the goal.
How did you get to meet him after the game? Just walk into the locker room... lol?
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#644 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

I saw your sister's sign...I didn't know that was your sister, but I thought it was neat to have a sign there for his birthday.

Now you know how I felt when Pasha scored that beauty against Nashville right in front of me...it's a feeling you can't explain, kinda like watching an artist create a work of art. He's absolute magic.

I'm so glad you got to meet Flip...isn't he a sweetheart? Very nice and polite. Congrats on the great night! Glad they gave you some wonderful memories!

P.S. You should post the picture. I'd like to see it.

Where you at the game?

#645 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

Oh my god what a night! I went to the game with my other buddy whos a big wings fan, and diehardwingsfan I remember seeing your sisters sign during the pregame warmup! That`s way to crazy and damn did Flip ever play lights out. There was a GREAT turnout of Wing fans, and we all had a crazy ass time. Canuck fans were way quieter than usual last night, didn`t hear a single lets go canuck chant, or the wave or anything lol.

#646 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

Where you at the game?

No. Believe it or not, they showed the sign on tv, and that's where I saw it. Kind of a bright green with black lettering?

I'll be at the game Wednesday night in Detroit, but not last night. I watched it on the tube.
Posted Image

#647 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

I saw your sister's sign...I didn't know that was your sister, but I thought it was neat to have a sign there for his birthday.

Now you know how I felt when Pasha scored that beauty against Nashville right in front of me...it's a feeling you can't explain, kinda like watching an artist create a work of art. He's absolute magic.

I'm so glad you got to meet Flip...isn't he a sweetheart? Very nice and polite. Congrats on the great night! Glad they gave you some wonderful memories!

P.S. You should post the picture. I'd like to see it.

hey kira, yea it was insane and lucky you that you were right there infront when dats scored the beaut! infront on nashville, and yea all night long he had the puck on a string the moves omg and in person when you see that you get shivers watching that man dominate no joke, and yea flip was smiling thruout the warmup at the poster i was near my sister to, and yes flip is a wicked guy awesome personality and very polite indeed, his birthday he gets a big goal shorthanded 2 assists and 1st star of an very very imp. game...ps i also told him when i shook his hand that hey fil i still cant get over the goal you scored in game 2 of the 2008 stanley cup finals that superman goal and he was like i watch it all the time on youtube i started to laugh lol but yea ill put the pic up soon!

Oh my god what a night! I went to the game with my other buddy whos a big wings fan, and diehardwingsfan I remember seeing your sisters sign during the pregame warmup! That`s way to crazy and damn did Flip ever play lights out. There was a GREAT turnout of Wing fans, and we all had a crazy ass time. Canuck fans were way quieter than usual last night, didn`t hear a single lets go canuck chant, or the wave or anything lol.

hey bud, it was awesome watta comeback i woke up this morning still stoked as if we won game 1 on a cup final or something the night prior lol, yea my sisters a huge huge flip fan and we met some wings after the game as there bus was leaving i got to meet flip and got a pic wiht him n talked for a minute or so ...so next time u go make sure you go to gate 6 right after the game you catch some of the wings n get ur jersey signed and a pic just remember that and if you got fb add me my names byron dafoe lol on fb

#648 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

Awesome! I bet you Fil had your sister's sign in mind when he scored the goal.
How did you get to meet him after the game? Just walk into the locker room... lol?

haha he did, my sisters like fil did you see me in the warmup hes like yes i did lol, n hank pointed out the sign to flip in the warmup haha, and no u go to gate 6 right after the game where the team bus is for the opposing team and u can meet some players n get pics n ur jerseys signed.... and some drunk guy pissed babcock off cuz lastime i got babs to sign my jersey n bertuzzi n ozzie, but some drunk guy ruined it he walked into babs n babs like wat do u think ur doing bab was pissed off so it kinda ruined it or else he would of came out agian n said like lasttime..."alright which one of ya wanna get on the bus n go to detroit" lol hes da man

#649 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

haha he did, my sisters like fil did you see me in the warmup hes like yes i did lol, n hank pointed out the sign to flip in the warmup haha, and no u go to gate 6 right after the game where the team bus is for the opposing team and u can meet some players n get pics n ur jerseys signed.... and some drunk guy pissed babcock off cuz lastime i got babs to sign my jersey n bertuzzi n ozzie, but some drunk guy ruined it he walked into babs n babs like wat do u think ur doing bab was pissed off so it kinda ruined it or else he would of came out agian n said like lasttime..."alright which one of ya wanna get on the bus n go to detroit" lol hes da man

I really hope there not taking a bus from Vancouver to Detroit :blink:
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#650 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

Does it ever annoy anyone else when it seems like the national broadcasters get more excited when an opponent of the Wings scores?

Ah well. Screw them. The Wings have their two points.

They acted like they were a couple of Vancouver fans who won a contest to broadcast the game. Kevin Weekes, in particular, always sounded so unprepared and the two of them don't have any chemistry at all.

Your tax dollars at work. :thumbup:

#651 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

hey kira, yea it was insane and lucky you that you were right there infront when dats scored the beaut! infront on nashville, and yea all night long he had the puck on a string the moves omg and in person when you see that you get shivers watching that man dominate no joke, and yea flip was smiling thruout the warmup at the poster i was near my sister to, and yes flip is a wicked guy awesome personality and very polite indeed, his birthday he gets a big goal shorthanded 2 assists and 1st star of an very very imp. game...ps i also told him when i shook his hand that hey fil i still cant get over the goal you scored in game 2 of the 2008 stanley cup finals that superman goal and he was like i watch it all the time on youtube i started to laugh lol but yea ill put the pic up soon!

I've seen Pasha play in a few games now, and believe me when I tell you that when he gets that puck on his stick, the house goes insane...especially if he scores a goal. He's almost poetic the way he plays, and just makes it look so easy and effortless. I'm continuously blown away by him.

I've met Flip up at training camp and he really is a nice fellow. Ive got some great pictures of him if you are interested. I've got some of them up on Facebook (PM me and I'll give you the link). I'll tell you this - he makes the women go crazy up there - they will scream when they see him. I'm not one of them, but I've heard it and seen it happen. You'd think The Beatles had hit town or something. :lol:

hey bud, it was awesome watta comeback i woke up this morning still stoked as if we won game 1 on a cup final or something the night prior lol, yea my sisters a huge huge flip fan and we met some wings after the game as there bus was leaving i got to meet flip and got a pic wiht him n talked for a minute or so ...so next time u go make sure you go to gate 6 right after the game you catch some of the wings n get ur jersey signed and a pic just remember that and if you got fb add me my names byron dafoe lol on fb

I don't suppose you got to meet Pasha?

Edited by Kira, 21 March 2010 - 11:49 PM.

Posted Image

#652 Russian Houdini

Russian Houdini

Russian Houdini

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:31 AM

Following this team this season has been something else... from the gut wrenching losses to the last second victories (e.g. Helm vs LA or Zetterberg vs. Nucks) this season has defined for me what it really means to be a fan. I went crazy when I was in Staples, and even two nights ago after Rafalski scored I was screaming at the top of my lungs... so much the neighbor started knocking on my door to check if everything was alright.

Nothing like the Red Wings. This team has gone through so much this season, and I could not have put it better than Ken Daniels did in the Zetterberg winner last night..

LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am eager to watch tomorrow's match.. and I am glad to see the site finally back up and running after I tried posting when my comp said I shouldn't visit it. Re-watched the game today on NHL Network. Just as sweet.

Cheers for getting the problems fixed MODS.

Edited by Russian Houdini, 22 March 2010 - 01:32 AM.

Ајмо Црвена Крила!!!!

#653 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:20 AM

Where are all the haters at tonight? I'm so sick of the fair-weather fans, seriously... <_<

Great win Wings!
Keep it up! :thumbup: