• Please log in to reply
652 replies to this topic

#141 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

Why don't the Wings ever cover the points?

Babcock loves that collapsing style of defense.

Too bad it doesn't work when your team never blocks shots or clears the crease. <_<

Stupid, stupid Babcock.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#142 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

Get ericsson off the ice, disgusting defensive play there

Well at least he wasn't on the ice when they got those two goals :rolleyes:

#143 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

I'd love for Kevin Weekes to get hit in the head with a puck. His commentating makes me sick.

Could be worse. He could be in net...

#144 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

On both Vancouver goals, our defense is soft in front of the net. The second goal Vancouver had was just disgusting. Why isn't Detroit's defense being aggressive about getting guys out of in front of the net? Its obvious if Howard can see the shot he is going to make the save.

Holmstrom is in front of the net and Vancouvers' defense is knocking Holmstrom out from in front of the net. Detroit should take a lesson from that and start doing that in their own zone.

Because we get penalized for it every goddamned time. Opposing teams get away with liberties vs Wings forwards in front of the net more than any team in the league. I say this with a lot of diverse hockey watching and no hyperbole.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#145 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,908 posts

Get ericsson off the ice, disgusting defensive play there

Unfortunately, we don't have much option with the injured guys tonight.

Maybe this will be like when we played Chicago and went down by 2 and came back to win it. Good times.

#146 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

On both Vancouver goals, our defense is soft in front of the net. The second goal Vancouver had was just disgusting. Why isn't Detroit's defense being aggressive about getting guys out of in front of the net? Its obvious if Howard can see the shot he is going to make the save.

Holmstrom is in front of the net and Vancouvers' defense is knocking Holmstrom out from in front of the net. Detroit should take a lesson from that and start doing that in their own zone.

Because the wings get called for penalties when they do that to other players who are not well known for bothering goalies like Homer. In my opinion, the league wants more goals, allow players to stand there, any cross checking gets called. YOu have to give a player his space. Why is it different when Homer is in front of the net getting beat on? I don't get it.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#147 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

Flip trys to be cute and nearly results in an odd man rush...
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#148 lilja4mvp

lilja4mvp

i hate you all

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

great period, guys!

#149 wings7

wings7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

When Zetterberg and Filppula are only average offensively, this team doesn't have enough to compete with the NHL's elite. We are just a mediocre team at best without them. It's too easy on other team's defenses - they only worry about one line...

#150 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Well, we played better offensively in this first period than we did yesterday.

Defensively... not so much.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#151 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Another unforgiving 1st period.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#152 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

I love how everybody on this forum is just used this by now.. its almost a sad story of the season.. 20 games ago this bored would be lit up with arguments of Wings are terrible vs Its just one game.. now everyone is kind of just numb to it.. :unsure:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#153 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

When Zetterberg and Filppula are only average offensively, this team doesn't have enough to compete with the NHL's elite. We are just a mediocre team at best without them. It's too easy on other team's defenses - they only worry about one line...

The second line as looked much, much better than the first so far.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#154 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

Why is it different when Homer is in front of the net getting beat on? I don't get it.

In my opinion, Holmstrom pushes the boundaries more than other players. That's why he gets penalized.
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#155 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

I love how everybody on this forum is just used this by now.. its almost a sad story of the season.. 20 games ago this bored would be lit up with arguments of Wings are terrible vs Its just one game.. now everyone is kind of just numb to it.. :unsure:

Try...65 games ago.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#156 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

If you get punched in the face enough times, you get numb to it. It's sad that we are numb to it and just goes to show how bad this season has been.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#157 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

People are just realizing the inevitable.

This team's dominance is over, and they need some changes in the offseason. Before, there was the injury excuse, but that isn't working anymore.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#158 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

why wont the puck go in the net? no bounces in last game or this game, soooo many scrambles and no bulge in the net. im getting pissed, we cant put the puck in the net. im thinking we just start praying for some luck.

Dear hockey gods,

let the puck find its way into the back of vancouver's net
we are due for some good luck
smile on us
amen

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#159 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,640 posts

Goodbye Detroit. No playoffs this year. It was 20 years ago the last time we missed the playoffs. I am sick of the biased reffing, Mike Ilitch has to see this s***, why doesn't he say something!!!! Maybe he is getting paid off to keep quiet. I think its time to give Howard a rest. Looking like a rookie now a days. Granted he is playing just as good (or crappy if u may) as everyone else, but he doesn't need to get burned out. Once again, off season, only a select few are untouchable. This team is playing pathetic, at least we have the injuries to blame, oh wait, they're healthy. Make deals Holland or lose credibility.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#160 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,745 posts

Because we get penalized for it every goddamned time. Opposing teams get away with liberties vs Wings forwards in front of the net more than any team in the league. I say this with a lot of diverse hockey watching and no hyperbole.

Ok, you expect me to take you seriously, but I just can't. Every time? Yet you a diverse hockey watcher? I call bullcrap on that. I am a diverse hockey watcher and I don't see the Wings defense doing it only spontaneously. They really need to pick up the intensity. Especially Kronwall and Stuart.

You say they get called for it everytime. I say they are being lazy.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain