• Please log in to reply
652 replies to this topic

#161 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

If you get punched in the face enough times, you get numb to it. It's sad that we are numb to it and just goes to show how bad this season has been.

Yup.. the really unfortunate part is eventually after enough punches to the face you go from being numb to being knocked out.. its kind of depressing to see the Flames go out every night and play there asses off and the Wings go out and look like it doesnt really matter what happens.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#162 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Goodbye Detroit. No playoffs this year. It was 20 years ago the last time we missed the playoffs. I am sick of the biased reffing, Mike Ilitch has to see this s***, why doesn't he say something!!!! Maybe he is getting paid off to keep quiet. I think its time to give Howard a rest. Looking like a rookie now a days. Granted he is playing just as good (or crappy if u may) as everyone else, but he doesn't need to get burned out. Once again, off season, only a select few are untouchable. This team is playing pathetic, at least we have the injuries to blame, oh wait, they're healthy. Make deals Holland or lose credibility

lol

Edited by Lidstromboli, 20 March 2010 - 09:49 PM.

Posted Image

#163 T-bone

T-bone

Draftee

• 11 posts

Wings are playing very well. Vancouver is extremely lucky to be leading right now. They got two breaks and we can't buy one. If the Wings continue to play this way they will win this game.

#164 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

get ozzie out there to play forward, he can center the third line. bring some luck to our boyz.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#165 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Goodbye Detroit. No playoffs this year. It was 20 years ago the last time we missed the playoffs. I am sick of the biased reffing, Mike Ilitch has to see this s***, why doesn't he say something!!!! Maybe he is getting paid off to keep quiet. I think its time to give Howard a rest. Looking like a rookie now a days. Granted he is playing just as good (or crappy if u may) as everyone else, but he doesn't need to get burned out. Once again, off season, only a select few are untouchable. This team is playing pathetic, at least we have the injuries to blame, oh wait, they're healthy. Make deals Holland or lose credibility.

Please cancel your account and leave. If more bandwagon fans like yourself leave, this place will be a lot more tolerable.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#166 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

When Zetterberg and Filppula are only average offensively, this team doesn't have enough to compete with the NHL's elite. We are just a mediocre team at best without them. It's too easy on other team's defenses - they only worry about one line...

Zetterberg has been utterly useless offensively. He charges into the zone and does one of three things:

a) shoots from 60 feet with no traffic
b) stops moving his feet, spreads his legs and tries to glide past 2 defenders
c) cuts to the half wall, chews 15 seconds off the clock and gives the puck away

Filppula is equally as useless because for all the flash and dash stuff, he never shoots the puck. Defending Filppula is like a night off for the opposing defensemen.

Pav and Mule were invisible against Edmonton and they've looked fairly pedestrian through 20 minutes of this one.

We may be outshooting them 17-8, but a good 10 of those shots never had a prayer of going in or yielding a rebound.

Also, Meech plays defense while "being a forward". He collapses on the rush instead of attacking the guy crossing the line, which gives them a free pass into the zone on every rush.

#167 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

Unfortunately, we don't have much option with the injured guys tonight.

Maybe this will be like when we played Chicago and went down by 2 and came back to win it. Good times.

:hysterical:

Ya, ok.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#168 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Wings are playing very well. Vancouver is extremely lucky to be leading right now. They got two breaks and we can't buy one. If the Wings continue to play this way they will win this game. Roberto Luongo will win this game.

Just basing my correction on just about every other game this season.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#169 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

In my opinion, Holmstrom pushes the boundaries more than other players. That's why he gets penalized.

That's not my question. I was talking about why he gets beat on and nobody calls a penalty on it, but we cross check people standing in front of our goalie and go to the box.

But since you mentioned that, I guess that's what the refs see. I think he doesn't interfere enough at all to be truly a penalty by rational standards. It's FRICKIN HOCKEY. they protect the goalies way too much. But I guess by current league standards, yeah, he does interfere. Just like Sedin did on Howard on that first goal. How many goals have we scored this year and got called back for some stupid thing like that?

It's my opinion that goal should stand and did, but by league rules and the way it is called, it should have been disallowed.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#170 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Yup.. the really unfortunate part is eventually after enough punches to the face you go from being numb to being knocked out.. its kind of depressing to see the Flames go out every night and play there asses off and the Wings go out and look like it doesnt really matter what happens.

The Wings don't look like that tonight but they get zero bounces and seem to have no luck. It's like they aren't meant to win.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#171 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

The Wings will WIN this game.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#172 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

Zetterberg has been utterly useless offensively. He charges into the zone and does one of three things:

a) shoots from 60 feet with no traffic
b) stops moving his feet, spreads his legs and tries to glide past 2 defenders
c) cuts to the half wall, chews 15 seconds off the clock and gives the puck away

Filppula is equally as useless because for all the flash and dash stuff, he never shoots the puck. Defending Filppula is like a night off for the opposing defensemen.

Pav and Mule were invisible against Edmonton and they've looked fairly pedestrian through 20 minutes of this one.

We may be outshooting them 17-8, but a good 10 of those shots never had a prayer of going in or yielding a rebound.

Also, Meech plays defense while "being a forward". He collapses on the rush instead of attacking the guy crossing the line, which gives them a free pass into the zone on every rush.

Agree 100% about Zetterberg and Filpula. I get the feeling sometimes Filpula thinks he has a Datsyuk jersey on and tries to act like it.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#173 wings7

wings7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

The second line as looked much, much better than the first so far.

I respectfully disagree with that. Our better scoring chances have come from Pav and Homer and the first power play unit.

#174 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Please cancel your account and leave. If more bandwagon fans like yourself leave, this place will be a lot more tolerable.

bandwagon because I am not sucking the red teet? Gimme a break, I was a fan way before you were and will be long after. If you cannot tolerate fans criticizing the Wings, then you sir have the issue, not us. When did you become a wings fan 1997?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#175 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

Goodbye Detroit. No playoffs this year. It was 20 years ago the last time we missed the playoffs. I am sick of the biased reffing, Mike Ilitch has to see this s***, why doesn't he say something!!!! Maybe he is getting paid off to keep quiet. I think its time to give Howard a rest. Looking like a rookie now a days. Granted he is playing just as good (or crappy if u may) as everyone else, but he doesn't need to get burned out. Once again, off season, only a select few are untouchable. This team is playing pathetic, at least we have the injuries to blame, oh wait, they're healthy. Make deals Holland or lose credibility.

Relax,

Holland will make a deal at the deadli.......oh wait we're f***ed. :ph34r:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#176 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

I like the play of the Wings tonight thus far, If they keep this up they will win this.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#177 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

The Wings will WIN this game.

Let me guess, I just have to "Believe"? I hate that slogan, or whatever people call it. As if believing has anything to do with some team on TV winning a game.

#178 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Can anyone tell me why Helm decided to act like a human kite instead of block the shot on that second goal?

How useless can you be when you are in that position?

Posted Image

#179 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

Was that Stuart out there on that second goal trying to play goalie / screen the goalie?

#180 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

The Wings don't look like that tonight but they get zero bounces and seem to have no luck. It's like they aren't meant to win.

Here's my opinion on why they don't get breaks:1

1. They almost never shoot the puck at the net with traffic there.
2. One skater brings it in, tries to make some ridiculous cross-ice pass with 3 defenders in the middle
3. Skates in, gets to decent ice (between circles) and passes it to a winger somewhere by the boards
4. Cycles the puck way too much
5. One skater tries to beat 4 players

I'm so sick of seeing the fancy crap. For the love of God, 2 players go to the net, D man shoot into traffic. That's how most every goal has been scored on us lately.