• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Icesurfer

Ericsson may play forward

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Eaves is out tonight so Ericsson may play forward.

Ericsson a forward

At least Ericsson likes to shoot unlike Filppula!

I have been saying all year to move Ericsson to forward position. LOL.

cjm502 likes this

If this happens my expectations are not very high, but I would be very excited to see it nonetheless.

He'll probably look pretty bad as a forward. I would love to see him bust out and be a bad ass power forward and a force to be reckoned with. But I highly doubt it. Should be interesting to see either way. Here's hoping for the latter!

Awesome! Remember he played forward up until Detroit drafted him and turned him into a defensemen.

I'm excited to see it. Not expecting much but it would be nice if he used his size to help the forecheck.

I like this ALOT, I think he could be a very effective forward with his size. Im looking forward to this experiment.

its not like he has been playing defense this year anyway, but i cant wait to see this.

Awesome! Remember he played forward up until Detroit drafted him and turned him into a defensemen.

i was just going to say i thought he was a forward before Detroit.

I would love to see Ericsson play great, but everybody seems to have forgotten that there was probably a reason he was drafted last as a forward and then switched to defense.

In any case if the wings decide to move him up front he would probably need some time in grand rapids.

I cant wait to watch him throw his body around if he ends up playing forward. That would be awesome. Oh and hopefully score too :hehe:

big body who likes to shoot and has a defensive background good combo. will be interesting.

Eaves is out tonight so Ericsson may play forward.

Ericsson a forward

At least Ericsson likes to shoot unlike Filppula!

I have been saying all year to move Ericsson to forward position. LOL.

Yes, because Filppula not shooting is obviously the main problem we've had this year.

Yes, because Filppula not shooting is obviously the main problem we've had this year.

Don't you know that if Filppula shot the puck we would be in the running for the presidents trophy!? :ph34r:

Way to put words into his mouth...

Rig at forward would be entertaining to watch, to say the least.

well if he's awful at least i'll have someone to laugh at

Detroit didn't do that. The first game he played as a defenseman was the first game Håkan Andersson saw him.

When was the last time we had a 6'4 or 6'5 forward?

He's going to look like a goon out there. :D

Probably Johan Ryno. Hopefully Ericsson is more useful than that tonight though.

Detroit didn't do that. The first game he played as a defenseman was the first game Håkan Andersson saw him.

Yeah, the way Jonathan told the story was that he was a forward playing for a team that his dad coached (if I remember correctly). There were a few D sick/injured so he stepped in for what he thought was that game only. The Red Wing scout (Andersson) was there to scout out a player from the oppposite team and saw Jonathan. He convinced Jonathan to move to D permanently and convinced Detroit to draft him.

He can't play defense so why not try him up front right......sounds familiar to what Babcock did with Meech if you ask me.