• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
interminded

Am I the only one who finds this ridiculous ?

Rate this topic

you got to ask the question as to why Oz goes from his post season form to his reg season form with such a dip in standards? we haven't got the depth on the roster to let Oz play himself into a groove, he isn't playing for a reason and Babs and Holland know they can't take a chance on him taking 5-8 games to get into game shape. We wouldn't be in the running for 8th spot if he didn't start to perform straight away. Howard has been lucky in some games not to let in more than he did, but hey you make your own luck. He is getting it done and its Babs call, after all its Babs job on the line if the Wings don't make the post season, what would any of you do? Oz will be doing the +- stats for me for the next 6 games at least.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

You guys are overeacting so much, Howard is a goalie in the Nhl, he will only get better if he plays more game, he is our future in net and is looking very promising.

Would you guys seriously trust Osgood right now when calgarys breathing down our neck?

Please, try to be rational at least somewhat.

If the Red Wings won Game 7, the Conn Smythe was easily going to Chris Osgood.

Osgood wasnt amazing last year in the playoffs he made the saves he needed to make. and our D cleared his thousands of rebounds.

you got to ask the question as to why Oz goes from his post season form to his reg season form with such a dip in standards? we haven't got the depth on the roster to let Oz play himself into a groove, he isn't playing for a reason and Babs and Holland know they can't take a chance on him taking 5-8 games to get into game shape. We wouldn't be in the running for 8th spot if he didn't start to perform straight away. Howard has been lucky in some games not to let in more than he did, but hey you make your own luck. He is getting it done and its Babs call, after all its Babs job on the line if the Wings don't make the post season, what would any of you do? Oz will be doing the +- stats for me for the next 6 games at least.

You gotta be good to be lucky and lucky to be good. :cool:

You guys are overeacting so much, Howard is a goalie in the Nhl, he will only get better if he plays more game, he is our future in net and is looking very promising.

Would you guys seriously trust Osgood right now when calgarys breathing down our neck?

Osgood wasnt amazing last year in the playoffs he made the saves he needed to make. and our D cleared his thousands of rebounds.

Oh how soon we forget. Osgood WAS amazing in the playoffs the past two post seasons. No one can deny that. Even moreso last postseason and had we won he would of been MVP.

Yeah, but it's not like Howard has won 8 games in a row and is standing on his head while we're getting outshot 4 to 1 in all these games.

I realize we have to make the playoffs before worrying about the playoffs, but Howard has looked tired since the All Star break, and if he plays every game to the end, that has to affect him in those late games.

What is this tired bulls***. He's not 37 ya know.

:lol:

Considering he only scored on Osgood three times in the both series I'm not worried.

And also considering Osgood won't be playing in the Pittsburgh game I'm not worried.

Osgood will likely play a game against Columbus when the Wings have enough breathing room to where they can afford to lose a game. And the Jackets are awful against Detroit.

Bingo. We won't see Osgood in net until if and when the wings lock down a playoff spot.

Lol WTF?? Is your join date also the same time you started watching hockey?

Edited by Doggy

"Yeah, of course you want to be playing, but at the same time, it's a fun job for me to chart faceoffs for the amount I get paid. I still have my own goals -- I'd like to chart 4000 faceoffs; I believe that will eventually happen."

Just to remind some of you, we're vying for a playoff spot here. This isn't like years of past where we could afford to experiment a little with our lineup before the post-season. The fact is that this year, Osgood is not a proven goaltender. Howard is. We start the guy that will get us the points to keep our season going.

Oh how soon we forget. Osgood WAS amazing in the playoffs the past two post seasons. No one can deny that. Even moreso last postseason and had we won he would of been MVP.

I will deny that. He was a good goalie and that was it. For me to call him amazing he should of stopped those goals in game 7. The breakaway goal that is 50/50. Bad D play which turned into a breakaway but Ozzie had bad positioning and looked scared. During the playoffs I didnt see him as the MVP and I questioned why others did. Good yes amazing no

EDIT: As for this topic I don't see why you think this is ridiculous. Ozzie had his chance and blew it. Jimmy came in and won the Wings a few games during the height of their injury problems. It would be ridiculous to start Ozzie just for the sake of "find his groove" experiment then starting Jimmy and knowing you are getting better goaltending.

Edited by dragonballgtz

1. we don't know how much howard has left in the tank, so no one has the right to say hes out of gas, especially when hes the reason were in the run for a playoff spot.

2. he may be playing a brodeur length season, but is that necessarly a bad thing?? i wouldn't mind having an amazing goaltender over 50 games a year, and it looks like babcock doesn't either.

3. top ten save percentage and goals against average, on a team that isn't the dominate team like they used to be this year. he is earning every start he gets, and osgoods feelings has nothing to do with making playoffs.

I don't see any other teams in the playoff race sitting their best players at the most vital moment of the season, why should we?

I will deny that. He was a good goalie and that was it. For me to call him amazing he should of stopped those goals in game 7. The breakaway goal that is 50/50. Bad D play which turned into a breakaway but Ozzie had bad positioning and looked scared. During the playoffs I didnt see him as the MVP and I questioned why others did. Good yes amazing no

Well considering the experts who work for the NHL listed him as a potential front-runner for the MVP I'm going to go ahead and agree to disagree on that.

And I supposed it IS Osgood's fault when the team in front of him can only score a single goal in that game 7 after being the top offensive team in the league in the regular season.

Fact is Osgood was amazing in the playoffs and if the Wings won it would have been either him or Zetterberg for the Smyth.

And the other fact is Howard is playing great and though he has looked tired at times he is putting up wins and hasn't looked overworked to the point where we NEED to make a switch.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I said Osgood was done last season, but even I can admit that Ozzie was great last playoffs.

Although right now I'm fine with Howard. We have two good goalies, one just happens to be younger and better.

Osgood fans seem to be taking it more personally than he is. We can't afford to throw him out there rusty and let him implode when every game is this crucial.

That being said, I would be surprised if he didn't play at least a couple before the season is over.

We can't allow easy goals, that's wky Howard is playing! At this point of the season we need points so, if Babcock thinks that Howie has higher chances than Ozzie to take home 2 points well... I agree with him, Howie is and has to be number 1 goalie!!!

I did not even realize it. Any news why he wasn't on the bench?

No I was waiting for something to post up about it today though to explain it. They anounced it during last nites game and showed hi empty seat,saying he after the first he satyed in the locker room to watch it on tv, they even said it wasnt a good move on his part and that he should be sitting with his team. Thats all i know but I find it a bit wierd as well.

No I was waiting for something to post up about it today though to explain it. They anounced it during last nites game and showed hi empty seat,saying he after the first he satyed in the locker room to watch it on tv, they even said it wasnt a good move on his part and that he should be sitting with his team. Thats all i know but I find it a bit wierd as well.

Well a couple games ago Ozzie was on the detroitredwings.com live chat with Bret Lebda. Not sure if that has anything to do with it...

Well a couple games ago Ozzie was on the detroitredwings.com live chat with Bret Lebda. Not sure if that has anything to do with it...

It was last nite in Van, the camera pointed at his seat defending them saying they were one of the most comfortable "backup" goalie seats in the NHL lol I thought it was a a little comical

First off, completely false.

Second, have you watched Jimmy Howard at all? Talk about clearing rebounds...