• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:51 AM

I'm not sure how you say his name, but am I the only one that thinks he looks like gyrocopter guy from Mad Max2: The Road Warrior?
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#22 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

Listen to the clip posted in this thread, that's the correct swedish pronounciation. it's mostly the "e" sound you yanks have to work on

But yet in saying that the correct version of Fedorov is Fjådoroff...and not feddorovv.. and datsjuk not datsyuk... if you're going to go from the russian alphabet and pronounciation...

wow, mindfly is a linguist! :o if mindfly indeed were a linguist, he would say things like, "well, the correct pronunciation is such-and-such, but you'll probably say it wrong and some angry drunk guy will stab you with a beer bottle."

on a serious note, that actually is pretty interesting. i've seen a couple of youtube vids where a russian was calling the game (in russian, obviously), and when he said datsyuk's name, it sounded...a lot different than how i or TV announcers say his name. i wonder i that's weird...always having people say your name wrong.

but, then i guess...when i spend a semester in west africa, all the ghanaians said my name, which is matthew, like "MAH-chew." it didn't bother me...it was just how the said my name. i guess that's probably how it is.

that being said, i HATE when people say FRAN-zen. FRON-zen just sounds so much better to me...maybe that's just because it's what i'm used to.

go wings.