• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MannyK

Hilariousness... from Flames fans

Rate this topic

Flames fans are far more pissed than Canucks fans.

Also, has anyone else noticed how much more intelligent sounding the fans are on the Canucks forum than the Flames forum?

If the Flames make the playoffs, it won't be in place of Detroit. We were all idiots for thinking they'd miss them in the first place.

Smartest poster on the board. Hope he is right. :cool:

Calgary fans spell hockey "Iginla" so I'm not surprised. Bunch of bandwagon hoping dummies

Amen to that man.

its funny how much they hate luongo, and all of them praise kiprusoff thinking he's actually better. you'd figure after winning olympic gold he would get some respect but nope..

its funny how much they hate luongo, and all of them praise kiprusoff thinking he's actually better. you'd figure after winning olympic gold he would get some respect but nope..

I love Kipper. If we didn't have Jimmy I'd trade Meech for him in a second.

Thanks for this link. I am reading it in place of the Sunday funny papers.

"the Wings have got to be cheating..." My favorite! That, and Luongo (with his 50+ saves) is a "garbage goalie." So glad to be a Wings fan, here. :thumbup:

It's funny how people are thinking that SJ and Chicago are losing on purpose so that they won't have to face us as #1 vs. #8 :D I personally don't think it's true that they are tossing games although it may be true that they rather play anyone else but they can't control at the end of the day if we are 8th or 7th. This is how much we are feared outside LGW community.

Hockey fans are no different here than they are anywhere else. They're just as passionate about their team and they don't want to miss the playoffs, just the same as we don't. I don't understand why everyone wants to run off at the mouth calling everyone idiots and douchebags just because they're upset about losing potential points. Chances are we'd be pretty pissed off if Edmonton gave Calgary a point with less than a second remaining in regulation and Vancouver gave Calgary the bonus point with less than a second remaining in OT.

If Detroit got spanked last night, all the "sky is falling" theorists would come out of the woodwork and make this board look like a bunch of idiotic crybabies. My best friend is a Flames fan and on game days we poke fun at each other's GDTs. Believe me, this board can come across equally as childish and petulant as CalgaryPuck. It's all a matter of perspective.

Hockey fans are no different here than they are anywhere else. They're just as passionate about their team and they don't want to miss the playoffs, just the same as we don't. I don't understand why everyone wants to run off at the mouth calling everyone idiots and douchebags just because they're upset about losing potential points. Chances are we'd be pretty pissed off if Edmonton gave Calgary a point with less than a second remaining in regulation and Vancouver gave Calgary the bonus point with less than a second remaining in OT.

If Detroit got spanked last night, all the "sky is falling" theorists would come out of the woodwork and make this board look like a bunch of idiotic crybabies. My best friend is a Flames fan and on game days we poke fun at each other's GDTs. Believe me, this board can come across equally as childish and petulant as CalgaryPuck. It's all a matter of perspective.

But, but... I thought all Wings fans were geniuses...

Never!!!

It's personal for me. I have had nothing but s*** Flames fans harass me because I'm a Wings fan. I used to hate the Leafs and leaf fans until I moved here and realized that I would rather be around Leaf fans. One of my friends is a Flames fan also but I have found that if they don't know you, they treat you like s***. Went to Edmonton earlier this season and their fans were great. A little ribbing but all in good fun. Went to the Flames vs. Wings game a couple days later and Flames fans are just pricks. I even got punched by a chick once at the Dome for saying Kipper stole the game. Friendly crowd. Gotta love'em. Fans since 2004!

Edit: Look at my avatar. That is what my face looks like right now. That's how I feel about Flames fans. :cool:

Edited by zettie85

I've stumbled across quite a few humorous posts.

lol and of course the Wings score with no time left. F*** you.
.01uongo
I can't decide if Luongo decided to throw the game or if someone told him it was April and he decided to choke early.
God, if Detroit was not getting so damn lucky lately, they would have at least 4 less points, and we would have at least 1 more point, clearly putting us in 8th spot. Detroit has got to be cheating.

The list goes on!! LOL

I love hockey.

just about every fan forum is full of morons

:siren:

Ding ding ding. This place just like every other has it's fair share of morons and biased posters towards the Red Wings, as well as well-rounded and smart posters.

Probably the same with any other sports forum around in all likelihood.

Never!!!

It's personal for me. I have had nothing but s*** Flames fans harass me because I'm a Wings fan. I used to hate the Leafs and leaf fans until I moved here and realized that I would rather be around Leaf fans. One of my friends is a Flames fan also but I have found that if they don't know you, they treat you like s***. Went to Edmonton earlier this season and their fans were great. A little ribbing but all in good fun. Went to the Flames vs. Wings game a couple days later and Flames fans are just pricks. I even got punched by a chick once at the Dome for saying Kipper stole the game. Friendly crowd. Gotta love'em. Fans since 2004!

Hahaha, it's funny how true that really is.

i have been an active member over there for quite some time as i used to be a season ticket holder for the flames ahl team when it was in the Quad Cities. in general, they get good hockey discussion going; however, this implosion has been really tough for them to deal with. though, pretty much 100% of the time they irrationally talk about the wings. whenever we play each other, their forum gets pretty awful to read. while i understand their hate for the canucks and oilers over there, the wings hate is always baffling. comes out of the woodwork to say the least.

as other have mentioned, all forums have crazy members, and people overreact all the time. unfortunately, since different people like/dislike different players/issues, it often can turn into big whine fests as each segment of the fan base has something different to complain about. it happens everywhere though.