• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xtrememachine1

Team of destiny?

Rate this topic

With the last two nailing biting games fresh in our minds, does anyone else get the feeling that the Red Wings appear to be some sort of "team of destiny" right now? Rafalski scores with 0.2 seconds left, giving us a point. A Canucks player stick breaks, allowing Zetterberg to go in and score the winning goal with 0.1 seconds left. Its rare to see goals scored in the final second, let alone in two straight games. I saw a ton of Penguins games last season and I remember they got a ton of weird breaks like this around this time last year and it actually propelled them up to the 4th seed after starting March as the 10th seed. I'm not saying the Wings are going to win the Cup because of this, but the hockey gods seem to be helping the Wings out right now. That much is undeniable.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

With the last two nailing biting games fresh in our minds, does anyone else get the feeling that the Red Wings appear to be some sort of "team of destiny" right now? Rafalski scores with 0.2 seconds left, giving us a point. A Canucks player stick breaks, allowing Zetterberg to go in and score the winning goal with 0.1 seconds left. Its rare to see goals scored in the final second, let alone in two straight games. I saw a ton of Penguins games last season and I remember they got a ton of weird breaks like this around this time last year and it actually propelled them up to the 4th seed after starting March as the 10th seed. I'm not saying the Wings are going to win the Cup because of this, but the hockey gods seem to be helping the Wings out right now. That much is undeniable.

Make playoffs than after that Cup or fail. I like seeing these clutch goals though because redwings have been stuffed so many times at the buzzer.

Guest mindfly

It will end early in the playoffs anyway if they make it, there just too many meltdowns.. they mix great perfect red wing's hockey with epic meltdowns all over the ice and been doing it all year long.

It's basically the cliche "Good teams find a way to win." The manner in which they're marching to the playoffs is a little too heart-stopping for my taste. But its in situations like the ones the WIngs have faced this season that really show what a team is made of. Some teams claw and struggle their way into contention...others sink. With these group of players, I'm optimistic about our chances

It will end early in the playoffs anyway if they make it, there just too many meltdowns.. they mix great perfect red wing's hockey with epic meltdowns all over the ice and been doing it all year long.

haha, who would have predicted a comment like this from a poster like you :rolleyes: