• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

Just wondering if anyone here has tried this yet. I'm thinking of getting it but I only see mixed reviews. 2K8 was good, 2K9 I thought was decent.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#2 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

Just wondering if anyone here has tried this yet. I'm thinking of getting it but I only see mixed reviews. 2K8 was good, 2K9 I thought was decent.

no i have not tried it but I played the demo and I thought it was good. Small sample size but I am going to rent it and if it is good I am going to buy it. Didn't like 2k8 or 2k9 liked 2k7 the most out of those. What I am really am liking is the my player thing where you start out in AA and work your way up, kinda like BAP but a lot more in depth I think.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#3 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

no i have not tried it but I played the demo and I thought it was good. Small sample size but I am going to rent it and if it is good I am going to buy it. Didn't like 2k8 or 2k9 liked 2k7 the most out of those. What I am really am liking is the my player thing where you start out in AA and work your way up, kinda like BAP but a lot more in depth I think.

Ya, I have already bought it and it's not too bad. I never played 2k7 but 2k8 is what got me in to the series. Some things are better but alot of animations are worse in the newest version. I like the pitching, there is alot of movement on the pitches in this game as opposed to last. Hitting is harder which is better, you have to actually be patient in the box. My player is really hard. I'm a great fielder but my hitting is weak, I got called up but since making it I am hitting like .210-.220 mostly. Decent game though.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#4 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

Ya, I have already bought it and it's not too bad. I never played 2k7 but 2k8 is what got me in to the series. Some things are better but alot of animations are worse in the newest version. I like the pitching, there is alot of movement on the pitches in this game as opposed to last. Hitting is harder which is better, you have to actually be patient in the box. My player is really hard. I'm a great fielder but my hitting is weak, I got called up but since making it I am hitting like .210-.220 mostly. Decent game though.

yeah thats the one thing that i was having a problem with is the hitting because the pitches are very realistic and you actually need patience. Also the pitching is kind of hard to get used to but so satisfying once you get the hang of it. Based on the demo alone I think it is probably worth renting, but I mostly play MW2 and NHL so it have to be real good for me to buy it
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#5 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

yeah thats the one thing that i was having a problem with is the hitting because the pitches are very realistic and you actually need patience. Also the pitching is kind of hard to get used to but so satisfying once you get the hang of it. Based on the demo alone I think it is probably worth renting, but I mostly play MW2 and NHL so it have to be real good for me to buy it

I'm more into sports games so it was a definite pick up for me. I already traded in MW2 I can't play online anymore and it kinda got boring even when I could play online. Personal preference I guess.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#6 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

MLB 10 The Show takes the cake big time. This game is so in depth and complete. I never played such a complete sport game in every aspect from franchise , to graphics, to gameplay, to presentation. It's a beauty for sure.

Posted Image

#7 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:46 AM

I wish I had a PS3 to try it. I hate that it's exclusive.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#8 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

Just pitched my first perfect game last night. I was excited.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users