Photo
- - - - -

Penguins bashing thread(keep it within the site rules please)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:18 AM

Defending Stanley Cup champions with 2 of the 3 best players in the world. And a goalie that can steal games in the playoffs.

They are a great team to watch and are very well built through great drafting.

:lol: Hilarious!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#42 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

The jealously of some of these fans makes me laugh.

You know, its possible to hate another team and other players without being jealous of them.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#43 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

It's not jealousy its just a little thing called competitiveness. Wings are facing them tonight and it will be a good game we need the two points to go 4 up on the flamers. i thought it would be appropriate to have a little innocent jabbing at the opposition who we faced the last two times for the cup.

#44 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

I want Nik Kronwall to go to Cindy and do a number on him..."Say hello to my little friend"...and then drop him like a tree.
Posted Image

#45 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

I want Nik Kronwall to go to Cindy and do a number on him..."Say hello to my little friend"...and then drop him like a tree.

Well, Crosby always DOES turn stiff as a board on the ice whenever someone checks him, so the tree analogy works pretty well. :D

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#46 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

I think fans at Game 5 of last year's Stanley Cup final said it best...

"Crosby sucks!"
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#47 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

The jealously of some of these fans makes me laugh.

We're just having fun.

I'm not jealous at all, the rivalry is tied 1-1. We won in 2008, they won in 2009.

lol at Carman, poor guy has a -76 Reputation!

Edited by Barrie, 22 March 2010 - 01:38 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#48 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

We're just having fun.

I'm not jealous at all, the rivalry is tied 1-1. We won in 2008, they won in 2009.

lol at Carman, poor guy has a -76 Reputation!

Well, -77 now. He's gone beyond parody and now really believes the stuff he posts.

While it's all well adn good to bash certain players, let's bash their fans as well. Penguins are the team of choice of the ex-fratboy, Dane Cook-loving, 311-listening douchebag who cheats on his girlfriend-de-jour and drinks s***ty beer. He bought his Malkin jersey at Canadian Tire and when he couldn't decide to get a snowmobile or a quad, he decided to get both. He took up smoking in the last five years and, until the last couple of seasons, would hitch his badwagon to "just any Canadian team" in the playoffs. If you look in the bowels of his SUV's back seat, he's got an Oilers car flag in there somewhere.

After watching the Winter Classic last year at his local Boston Pizza, he briefly thought about becoming a Hawks fan before realizing Crosby still has a few years left on his contract.

Puck the Fenguins fans!

#49 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

i hope crosby forgets to sharpen his skates and he falls a lot lololol!

#50 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

I think Jimmy is due for a shut out on these jerks.

#51 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Crosby is a meanie poopy-head and he plays with dolls.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#52 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

Defending Stanley Cup champions with 2 of the 3 best players in the world. And a goalie that can steal games in the playoffs.

The Red Wings were built through drafting. The Penguins were built through sheer suckitude. Four consecutive years of top 2 draft picks, two of those years being #1 overall picks. Toss in another top 5 pick and you see what happens.

This is also known as the Avalanche road to success. The Penguins will fade just as fast as the Avs did.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

I get that you like them, but it's a joke to say that they are "very well built through great drafting".

They sucked for a loooong time, and got good picks because of it. Anybody could have picked Crosby and Malkin.

And in case you forgot, they picked Jordan Staal ahead of Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom and Phil Kessel.
They picked Fleury over Eric Staal.

Yeah, that's some world class drafting right there. :lol:

#54 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

I get that you like them, but it's a joke to say that they are "very well built through great drafting".

They sucked for a loooong time, and got good picks because of it. Anybody could have picked Crosby and Malkin.

And in case you forgot, they picked Jordan Staal ahead of Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom and Phil Kessel.
They picked Fleury over Eric Staal.

Yeah, that's some world class drafting right there. :lol:

Seemed to work didn't it?

I mean I don't think Chicago/Washington/Boston/Carolina have a Stanley Cup like the great Penguins?

#55 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

I mean I don't think Chicago/Washington/Boston/Carolina have a Stanley Cup like the great Penguins?

Well, it took years of sucking for Penguins to get this good. Besides, Carolina won in 2006. I agree that Penguins took the right players with their picks (Fleury is more important to them than Eric Staal would be). This is the way the draft pick system works and it's nice that it gives bad teams a chance to get better, but there's also this feeling that these good players were handed to Penguins 'cause they were so bad for so long.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#56 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

...yeah, and none of those teams have Crosby or Malkin to go along with those players either. Both of whom, as I said, anybody could have picked.

My point isn't that the Penguins suck (although they do). My point is that their drafting should hardly be held up as the pinnacle of success. Whenever they haven't had a superstar practically shoved up their ass, their scouts haven't done particularly well.

If you seriously don't think that having Crosby, Malkin, Eric Staal and Toews on your team would make a dynasty (which the Penguins will not be) then I don't know what to say to you.

...of course in that scenario there's also the salary cap to worry about, but that's another story altogether.

#57 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

Yeah but just saying it was all a gift etc. is just a terrible excuse.

Top 3 picks aren't gimmes. Alexander Daigle etc.

They've had to deal with a salary cap.

Not too mention Pittsburgh's depth 3rd-4th liners have been some of the best in the league, with very underrated D men (Letang mainly). They are a well built team whether you want to admit it or not.

Edited by Carman, 22 March 2010 - 07:45 PM.

#58 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

Yeah but just saying it was all a gift etc. is just a terrible excuse.

Top 3 picks aren't gimmes. Alexander Daigle etc.

30/30 teams would have picked Crosby and Malkin in the positions they were taken. That's all that I'm saying. It's not because of their amazing scouting that either of the two worked out.

They've had to deal with a salary cap.

...I don't think that they purposely drafted worse players so that they could stay within the salary cap.

#59 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

30/30 teams would have picked Crosby and Malkin in the positions they were taken. That's all that I'm saying. It's not because of their amazing scouting that either of the two worked out.

...I don't think that they purposely drafted worse players so that they could stay within the salary cap.

What's so hard to understand that they Penguins are more than a two player team?

You act like the Red Wings got beat by two players or something.

#60 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

What's so hard to understand that they Penguins are more than a two player team?

You act like the Red Wings got beat by two players or something.

As I said:

My point isn't that the Penguins suck (although they do). My point is that their drafting should hardly be held up as the pinnacle of success.