• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stormboy

kenny's call of zetterberg's GWG

Rate this topic

hey everyone. i posted this in the GDT but i thought i'd make a topic for it in case anyone wanted it.

it's an mp3 of kenny's call of z's GWG the other night.

also, while i'm at it, i thought i'd post a link of an mp3 i made of helm's OT GWG in the WCF last year. great moment, great call (doc at his finest -- he's not saying "drive" or "waffleboard").

enjoy. :)

ps if someone wants a smaller size file for a ringtone or something PM me.

hey everyone. i posted this in the GDT but i thought i'd make a topic for it in case anyone wanted it.

also, while i'm at it, i thought i'd post a link of an mp3 i made of helm's OT GWG in the WCF last year. great moment, great call (doc at his finest -- he's not saying "drive" or "waffleboard").

That was freakin awesome! I dont have the NHL network any more so I have to watch it on "regular" tv, not Wings brodcasts! So hearing him call Z's goal just then was priceless! thx

thanks! i would love to hear the ken kal radio call of the zetterberg goal, if anyone has access to that.

do you happen to have access to CBC's coverage of Jim Hughson's call of Helm's GWG? that's my favorite =)

Thanks for those. :thumbup:I also like FSN when Cleary scored with 3 minutes left in game 7 against Anaheim.

Thats my all time favorite Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond moment... Ken Daniels goes nuts and Mickey says "whoa" in the background twice. hahaha LOVE IT!!!

"This is persistance personified" hahaha i love Ken Daniels!!

Edited by shaeb30

this is awesome. i think we should make a thread for members favorite calls.

i'll make and post any clips that people want. i just need a link to either video or audio of the clip in question and i can edited it and upload it as an mp3. later today, i'll do the CBC call of helm's goal and cleary's game seven goal. i can't find audio of ken cal's call from the game but i know sometimes they post the audio from the game recaps.

my favorite call of all-time is actually not from hockey, and i've never been able to find it in the years since. i love dan dickerson, the pxp guy for the tigers. i was listening to JV's no-hitter a few years back live on the radio when it happened, and i listened to the call of that game about a million times in the following days. i was too dumb to save it, and have not been able to find the audio since then. the end of th game call is really good, but the call on that big double play is, for me, the holy grail of all sports calls. "...gobbled up by nifi perez, flip to second throw down to first --- THEY GOT HIM!!!" best. ever.

so, yeah, make all the requests you want. moots, if you want to change the subtitle of the thread to something along the lines of "request mp3 versions of great calls here" or something like that, more people might get in on it.

Thanks for those. :thumbup: I also like FSN when Cleary scored with 3 minutes left in game 7 against Anaheim.

http://h1.ripway.com/stormboy/clearyg7.mp3

amazing play. another wings moment i'll never forget. :) hopefully we'll get some more of that cleary play this playoffs (assuming we make it)! btw, i edited out some silence between a few bits from kenny to try to get it under 30 seconds (in case anyone wanted to use it as a ringtone), so i hope it doesn't sound too choppy.

do you happen to have access to CBC's coverage of Jim Hughson's call of Helm's GWG? that's my favorite =)

http://h1.ripway.com/stormboy/hlmcbc.mp3

i think this is the one you're talking about. i don't know the guy's name, but this is the CBC clip i have from the game. to nitpick, i like the way doc says "scoooores!!!" more than this clip, but i do love how the CBC guy (hughson, i now know) says "darren helm! darren helm!" that's sweet!

as a sidenote, i think watching wings games, we assume that fans at the joe suck -- they don't cheer loudly, etc. but listen to how loud the goal horn is in this clip. you can *barely* hear it. even in the VS clip it's loud -- at the joe, it's damn near deafening. so it stands to reason that if the horn is X amount of loud, and we hear it being Y loud on TV, that if we hear the crown being Y loud, they're probably X loud in reality. i know the only game i've been to this year (vs. buff, raffi win in OT) the joe was rockin'.

Edited by stormboy

http://h1.ripway.com/stormboy/clearyg7.mp3

amazing play. another wings moment i'll never forget. :) hopefully we'll get some more of that cleary play this playoffs (assuming we make it)! btw, i edited out some silence between a few bits from kenny to try to get it under 30 seconds (in case anyone wanted to use it as a ringtone), so i hope it doesn't sound too choppy.

http://h1.ripway.com/stormboy/hlmcbc.mp3

i think this is the one you're talking about. i don't know the guy's name, but this is the CBC clip i have from the game. to nitpick, i like the way doc says "scoooores!!!" more than this clip, but i do love how the CBC guy (hughson, i now know) says "darren helm! darren helm!" that's sweet!

as a sidenote, i think watching wings games, we assume that fans at the joe suck -- they don't cheer loudly, etc. but listen to how loud the goal horn is in this clip. you can *barely* hear it. even in the VS clip it's loud -- at the joe, it's damn near deafening. so it stands to reason that if the horn is X amount of loud, and we hear it being Y loud on TV, that if we hear the crown being Y loud, they're probably X loud in reality. i know the only game i've been to this year (vs. buff, raffi win in OT) the joe was rockin'.

thanks so much! that's awesome!

ken danials is the best announcer in the business I'm surprised NBC has never picked him up or even cbc or tsn for that matter. he must really lov the D

Kenny used to be a CBC announcer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_daniels

go to 6:45 in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W49r2GpIf_k

Edited by MannyK