• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/22 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

K, you win. Cooke is dirty. Wait though, what do you call it when someone takes a players head, shoves it into the ice, and jumps on top of him?

that was a long time ago, none of us are endorsing that behaviour, he did not wear a red wings uniform when he did that-not saying that it makes it okay, but you should have tried ripping the canucks fans apart years ago for that, its over, bertuzzi isnt doing that anymore as a wing and we arent defending him for his previous actions, give it a rest.

Wings didnt get a single penalty either right? when did that happend last time?

Nah, we did get at least one, Franzen for tripping (but Gonchar got called too, so it was a 4v4). Plus Zata and Howard got called for roughing at the 20:00 of the 3rd. :P

Guest Howard He Do It?!

K Kronwall's shoulder is still hitting Havlat's head. Which your friend just said was totally illegal. Way to contradict eachother

Blind as well as dumb. Kronwall is not aiming for his head and any contact with the head is of a secondary nature. Unlike the Cooke hit which was direct contact with the head.

Wings didnt get a single penalty either right? when did that happend last time?

they did. franzen got one and homer got 2.

with the scrum at the end of the game, Crosby, Hank and Jimmy each got a roughing minor. lol

Someone at the lgp forums posted the following:

"I love how much Crosby hates Zetterberg. You can see he hates playing against him more than any other player, and I loved the repeated cross checks to his back as the game ended.

Of course, that's essentially the highest compliment you can give one of our opponents. He's the only player I have seen that can frustrate Crosby consistently."

I love reading this kind of stuff when it comes out of fans' mouths. Especially what with Ovechkin and Crosby being such heated rivals, its good for someone to notice that Z definitely gets under that kid's skin.

Yea, try to keep in mind this Pens Guy troll is not representative of the Pens entire fan base.

K Kronwall's shoulder is still hitting Havlat's head. Which your friend just said was totally illegal. Way to contradict eachother

Do you really not understand how much of an idiot and baby you are making yourself look right now

Cooke doesn't ever leave his feet and most of his questionable hits are with the actual bicep area. Watch the Savard hit. NOT an elbow. Kronwall leaves his feet everytime he hits.

Dude you honestly cannot look at the Savard hit and tell us that Cooke was not head hunting and leading with his elbow. he had intent to injure on his mind and took full advantage to it when the time came. I am not going to defend players who make plays like that or the Bert hit on Moore. Both hits were a disgrace to hockey.

As for Kronwall, on most of his hits (not all) he follows through and that is why he leaves his feet. He rarely leaves his feet before impact and when he does he gets calls on him. if you disagree please explain to me why in the world would an internationally known hockey company (Bauer) have him as a spokesman if he did his hits illegally?

Your boys lost tonight get over it

K, you win. Cooke is dirty. Wait though, what do you call it when someone takes a players head, shoves it into the ice, and jumps on top of him?

Please go away. We're talking about today's game. We call these "game day forums".

Bertuzzi wasn't even a wing then. If you think he should be out of hockey then that's a different argument which was argued ad nasuem back WHEN IT HAPPENED. G'Night, go ***** and whine on your own site.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

No argument here. Hoping it shows up on YouTube so we can relive what a pompous little prick he is again and again.

Cross Checking: Rule 59.1 Cross-checking - The action of using the shaft of the stick between the two hands to forcefully check an opponent.

I thought I would plug this little NHL rule in here as it appears, based on the collective s*** losing going on by my fellow Wings fans, that they aren't too familiar with what a cross check is.

When I see some of the over the top reaction to what is essentially a frustrated player (pwnd by Lids and Z again) taking pot shots at an opponent after losing a game I just wonder how ******* retarded most Wings fans are.

Seriously? Are we really that bent out of shape? Jesus, remember the cross-eyed, berserker rage Iginla went on awhile back during a playoff loss to the Wings. It was mass hysteria and "I have no respect for that classless *******, blah, blah"

The amount of drama queens on this site is almost too sadly pathetic to even make fun of.

Reations like this tell me only one thing. And it's that most of the vocal, lets start a formal inquiry everytime somebody farts in the direction of a wing crowd must have grown up in the 90's, are completely unfamiliar with Bob Probert, Joe Kocur or anything the Red Wings did prior to 2002.

When players lose games that they've clearly been dominated in, sometimes they get frustrated and act out. If I had to call every single player classless b/c they cross checked Hank, the list would be just about every player who has ever played a game against hank.

We won. We played great. We made Crosby invisible. Big props to Howard for stepping in. Big props to Z for taking a wild swing at the kid. But you know what, get yer ******* panties out of a bind people. Just not that big a deal. Grow a thicker skin already.

just a few clips to show that hockey players, lots of 'em, get angry sometimes and for lots of different reasons. Just imagine the s*** storm if somebody called stevie y "classless" for butt ending a player. Now if sid butt ended anybody. holy s***. LGW might crash from all the keyboard mashing and teeth gnashing.

who are those frustrated guys in the red in this video??? I can't quite make out the jerseys.

alls i'm saying people, is that it's really not that big a deal. people get cross checked all the time. especially at the end of rivalry games when one team got pwnd. We won and I'm loving it. That's all that matters.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Pens Guy Sure is making my night right now.

First the Wings get a nice win over the Pens and then this clown keeps chirping in with his idiotic but hilarious comments. Keep it coming buddy, you sure are making all the Pens fans look good tonight. Sore loser much?

I gotta laugh at Carman accusing us of being jealous of Crosby and the Pens in the Penguins bashing thread. Give me the Zetterberg and the Wings over that cry baby any day!

Well as much as you people talk about Crosby it seems pretty evident...

Thank you Gordie, maybe people will actually listen to you...

I doubt it though, their jealousy is blinding them.

Edited by Carman

Yea, try to keep in mind this Pens Guy troll is not representative of the Pens entire fan base.

Actually this Pens Guy seems to be quite the minority. Most of the posters at LGP seem to be quite level-headed. I actually want to join their site because a good deal of them seem to be quite educated when it comes to hockey.

The difference was the blind side. Havlet was an idiot - Savard was pretty defenseless.

Yeah Crosby cross checked your star player. Bertuzzi broke someone's neck and ended his career. You make a lot of sense dude!!!

yeah like how many years ago?....

You want to see Kronwall blatantly leave his feet and elbow Crosby when he's not expecting it?

That's what Kronwall means...right?

DAMN RIGHT I DO!

Guest mindfly

they did. franzen got one and homer got 2.

with the scrum at the end of the game, Crosby, Hank and Jimmy each got a roughing minor. lol

Yeah my bad it was 2 4on4 situations but pens never had a 5on4 opportunity...

Cross Checking: Rule 59.1 Cross-checking - The action of using the shaft of the stick between the two hands to forcefully check an opponent.

I thought I would plug this little NHL rule in here as it appears, based on the collective s*** losing going on by my fellow Wings fans, that they aren't too familiar with what a cross check is.

When I see some of the over the top reaction to what is essentially a frustrated player (pwnd by Lids and Z again) taking pot shots at an opponent after losing a game I just wonder how ******* retarded most Wings fans are.

Seriously? Are we really that bent out of shape? Jesus, remember the cross-eyed, berserker rage Iginla went on awhile back during a playoff loss to the Wings. It was mass hysteria and "I have no respect for that classless *******, blah, blah"

The amount of drama queens on this site is almost too sadly pathetic to even make fun of.

Reations like this tell me only one thing. And it's that most of the vocal, lets start a formal inquiry everytime somebody farts in the direction of a wing crowd must have grown up in the 90's, are completely unfamiliar with Bob Probert, Joe Kocur or anything the Red Wings did prior to 2002.

When players lose games that they've clearly been dominated in, sometimes they get frustrated and act out. If I had to call every single player classless b/c they cross checked Hank, the list would be just about every player who has ever played a game against hank.

We won. We played great. We made Crosby invisible. Big props to Howard for stepping in. Big props to Z for taking a wild swing at the kid. But you know what, get yer ******* panties out of a bind people. Just not that big a deal. Grow a thicker skin already.

just a few clips to show that hockey players, lots of 'em, get angry sometimes and for lots of different reasons. Just imagine the s*** storm if somebody called stevie y "classless" for butt ending a player. Now if sid butt ended anybody. holy s***. LGW might crash from all the keyboard mashing and teeth gnashing.

who are those frustrated guys in the red in this video??? I can't quite make out the jerseys.

Come now Gordie-- Yzerman is renown for his class. Crosby's had a spotted history at best when it comes to class. Whining, skipping Stanley Cup handshakes, dismissive comments about other players, etc. He's a great player, sure, but comparing him to Yzerman is laughable.

Guest screwdahawks

Crosby is cheap? Todd Bertuzzi plays for your team.

That is oh so classy. Detroit at its finest!

P.S. Those Crosby sucks chants are comical!

And I suppose that you think Crosby socking a guy in the balls from behind is classy? He is nothing but a NO CLASS ****** BAG and if you don't like reading our opinion of the s***head then don't come here.......