• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/22 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

K, you win. Cooke is dirty. Wait though, what do you call it when someone takes a players head, shoves it into the ice, and jumps on top of him?

:hysterical: I think we all call that dirty, cheap, rotten and down right stupid. There isn't one person on here defending what Bertuzzi actions resulted in, you on the other hand seem to think that it was ok that Cooke went headhunting and blindsided the guy just because he hit him with his bi-cep "area." As a matter of fact there is probably more than 50% of the users on here that were disgusted when the Wings traded for Todd in 2007 and were equally disgusted when the sign him over the summer. I would like to see your reaction to a Chris Pronger "bi-cep area" headshot to crysby resulting in the same injury...

The difference between Cooke and Bertuzzi is that Bertuzzi hasn't been dirty when wearing a Wings uniform. Maybe he doesn't want to get that legendary shirt dirty. Where as Cooke doesn't really have anything to lose playing for the Crosby's.

Cooke doesn't ever leave his feet and most of his questionable hits are with the actual bicep area. Watch the Savard hit. NOT an elbow. Kronwall leaves his feet everytime he hits.

The only feet that left the ground on that hit were Havlats YOU watch it I just did....

Well as much as you people talk about Crosby it seems pretty evident...

Thank you Gordie, maybe people will actually listen to you...

I doubt it though, their jealousy is blinding them.

Jealous of what? His clutch play in the Stanley Cup finals? His sense of entitlement? His great displays of sportsmanship? Fact is, if Crosby wasn't Canadian, he'd get nary a mention as being the league's best player.

Cross Checking: Rule 59.1 Cross-checking - The action of using the shaft of the stick between the two hands to forcefully check an opponent.

I thought I would plug this little NHL rule in here as it appears, based on the collective s*** losing going on by my fellow Wings fans, that they aren't too familiar with what a cross check is.

When I see some of the over the top reaction to what is essentially a frustrated player (pwnd by Lids and Z again) taking pot shots at an opponent after losing a game I just wonder how ******* retarded most Wings fans are.

Seriously? Are we really that bent out of shape? Jesus, remember the cross-eyed, berserker rage Iginla went on awhile back during a playoff loss to the Wings. It was mass hysteria and "I have no respect for that classless *******, blah, blah"

The amount of drama queens on this site is almost too sadly pathetic to even make fun of.

Reations like this tell me only one thing. And it's that most of the vocal, lets start a formal inquiry everytime somebody farts in the direction of a wing crowd must have grown up in the 90's, are completely unfamiliar with Bob Probert, Joe Kocur or anything the Red Wings did prior to 2002.

When players lose games that they've clearly been dominated in, sometimes they get frustrated and act out. If I had to call every single player classless b/c they cross checked Hank, the list would be just about every player who has ever played a game against hank.

We won. We played great. We made Crosby invisible. Big props to Howard for stepping in. Big props to Z for taking a wild swing at the kid. But you know what, get yer ******* panties out of a bind people. Just not that big a deal. Grow a thicker skin already.

just a few clips to show that hockey players, lots of 'em, get angry sometimes and for lots of different reasons. Just imagine the s*** storm if somebody called stevie y "classless" for butt ending a player. Now if sid butt ended anybody. holy s***. LGW might crash from all the keyboard mashing and teeth gnashing.

who are those frustrated guys in the red in this video??? I can't quite make out the jerseys.

alls i'm saying people, is that it's really not that big a deal. people get cross checked all the time. especially at the end of rivalry games when one team got pwnd. We won and I'm loving it. That's all that matters.

And when Crosby comes up to a player from behind while being pinned by a teammate and punches him in the back of the head out of fustration, I guess fans should 'grow a thicker skin' about that too?

The keyboard mashing happens because what Crosby does isn't an isolated incident, and it often isn't nearly as 'clean' as what happened tonight as you appear to suggest. Funny that someone who goes to pretentiously, eye-rollingly over-verbose lengths to demean people about not following hockey remains completely ignorant of that fact.

Well as much as you people talk about Crosby it seems pretty evident...

Thank you Gordie, maybe people will actually listen to you...

I doubt it though, their jealousy is blinding them.

:rolleyes: Here we go again...

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Detroit is a toilet!!! LOL

Ouch. My feelings are crushed. How am I ever going to recover?

Is that the best you have? Your arguments are slowly devolving into childish gibberish.

so does this forum actually have more than one active moderator

There were 3 mods in here earlier, including Matt.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Detroit is a toilet!!! LOL

Really? I understand banter back and forth when teams play but this is just pathetic. It was a regular season game and you're so mad you have to resort to something like this. Grow Up.

P.S..... nzjfoz.jpg

Come now Gordie-- Yzerman is renown for his class. Crosby's had a spotted history at best when it comes to class. Whining, skipping Stanley Cup handshakes, dismissive comments about other players, etc. He's a great player, sure, but comparing him to Yzerman is laughable.

And additionally, Yzerman was never the face of the league - Crosby is.

It's an entirely different animal when Crosby throws a hissy fit at the end of the game than if, say, Maltby did. It would be like Tiger Woods throwing a temper tantrum after missing a putt versus Padraig Harrington doing the same.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

btw pens guy, please slow down. i don't want anyone taking over my neg-crown.

Positive rep points for lilja4mvp!!!