• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/22 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

What do you expect Yzerman to say when asked about Crosby?

Is he going to say, "I think Crosby is a whining douchebag who gets too much exposure"?

Yzerman has never been an outspoken guy who speaks his mind. You need to stop playing this card because it doesn't matter what Yzerman said about him.

Just because you don't like Yzerman and don't respect what he says doesn't mean other people share the same viewpoint on the best captain in the history of the NHL.

What do you expect Yzerman to say when asked about Crosby?

Is he going to say, "I think Crosby is a whining douchebag who gets too much exposure"?

Yzerman has never been an outspoken guy who speaks his mind. You need to stop playing this card because it doesn't matter what Yzerman said about him.

Agreed. Everybody has to sell the game of hockey with the way its status is in the US. Therefore everyone has to name drop him so that it sticks in people's minds. Not saying I agree, that's just the way it is. Stevie is not immune to that world.

Just because you don't like Yzerman and don't respect what he says doesn't mean other people share the same viewpoint on the best captain in the history of the NHL.

Carman, I've defended Sid before too, and dont think your an ill-informed poster, but to infer that GMR doesnt like Yzerman because he said he's not outspoken is just stupid.

:lol:

O.K. that makes a lot of sense.

I guess you just had nothing else to say.

Then why does Yzerman say he is impressed with how Crosby is playing, and how he is carrying himself?

He's a competitor. He was frustrated, I'd much rather see him do candy-cane s*** like this then almost end careers like Ovechkin.

ya, well, if you remember, Bertuzzi didnt set out to break moore's neck, it was an unfortunate result of a competive frustrated and upset player. What if the cross check to the back of Zetterberg somehoe inflicted whiplash or somehow, caught Z in the right spot and broke his vertibrae somehow. You have to be resposible, compete, get frustrated, winor lose doesn't mean you can whack someone in the back of the head with your stick. You call it candy-cane, I call it typical cindy when he gets embarassed. Nice that cindy was -2, which means he was on the ice for all 3 Wings goals! Awesome player he is!

WHAT?! I don't believe such a thing exists as a Red Wings fan who doesn't like or respect Steve Yzerman. He's damn near a demi-god.

ya, well, if you remember, Bertuzzi didnt set out to break moore's neck, it was an unfortunate result of a competive frustrated and upset player. What if the cross check to the back of Zetterberg somehoe inflicted whiplash or somehow, caught Z in the right spot and broke his vertibrae somehow. You have to be resposible, compete, get frustrated, winor lose doesn't mean you can whack someone in the back of the head with your stick. You call it candy-cane, I call it typical cindy when he gets embarassed. Nice that cindy was -2, which means he was on the ice for all 3 Wings goals! Awesome player he is!

So you are comparing Bertuzzi's incident to a crosscheck?

And do you use this same "responsible" defense for your boy Ovie?

Come on now. Pittsburgh played like crap and Crosby was stepping up for his team and showing emotion it happens at the end of games believe it or not.

WHAT?! I don't believe such a thing exists as a Red Wings fan who doesn't like or respect Steve Yzerman. He's damn near a demi-god.

Actually he was voted "chump of the week" on 97.1 for hugging Sidney Crosby after the Olympics. Soooo yeah.

Edited by Carman

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Come on now. Pittsburgh played like crap and Crosby was stepping up for his team and showing emotion it happens at the end of games believe it or not.

Crosby was taking cheap shots at Z's back. We all know that Z doesn't have the best back in the world and Crosby knows that too. It was completely intentional and was beyond showing emotion. It was intent to injure and being a giant *****.

Crosby was taking cheap shots at Z's back. We all know that Z doesn't have the best back in the world and Crosby knows that too. It was completely intentional and was beyond showing emotion. It was intent to injure and being a giant *****.

Oh. My. God. You really think Crosby was trying to severely debilitate Zetterberg? Wow.

Have you people never watched a hockey game before? It's not like scrums at the end of the games only happen when Sidney is on the ice...

Edited by Carman

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Actually he was voted "chump of the week" on 97.1 for hugging Sidney Crosby after the Olympics. Soooo yeah.

You're right. A radio poll is great evidence of such and an excellent cross section of the majority opinion. Are you kidding me?

Oh. My. God. You really think Crosby was trying to severely debilitate Zetterberg? Wow.

Have you people never watched a hockey game before? It's not like scrums at the end of the games only happen when Sidney is on the ice...

Either way he is a cheap shotting baby.

You're right. A radio poll is great evidence of such and an excellent cross section of the majority opinion. Are you kidding me?

Considering it's Detroit's biggest radio station? I'm by no means saying it's a scientific fact, but I was just using it to show that there are some people that hate Crosby so much that they would go against Yzerman...

How much of that was "I hate Steve Yzerman" and how much of it was "I hate Sidney Crosby"? What if Steve hadn't done it? He would have been raked over the coals for putting team politics (Red Wings vs. Penguins) over what Team Canada had accomplished. That's not in Steve's nature. So there's no way in hell he would have snubbed him.

Let it go would you? You're embarrassing yourself.

We should be celebrating this win, instead because some little ***** boy started to act tough at the end of the game, this thread has deteriorated into a Crysby thread.

Throw in Carman and a few Pens fans and the whole thing has shot to hell.

No one has discussed the actual game in like 15 pages and it was one of the best games we've played all year.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Crosby was trying to be friendly and gentle when he was repeatedly cross checking Z in the back. Did I say Crosby was trying to debilitate Z? No. That over blowing what I originally said garbage isn't going to work. I said Crosby was trying to injure Z, which he clearly was. His actions depict that. We all saw it. Your love affair with Crosby is getting in the way of your judgment.

Considering it's Detroit's biggest radio station? I'm by no means saying it's a scientific fact, but I was just using it to show that there are some people that hate Crosby so much that they would go against Yzerman...

This would be true if there were 100 or so Red Wings fans. Not every single Wings fan called into the station to give their opinion. It's a silly radio bit and has zero bearing on anything. Using it as some sort of justification is idiotic.

Ovie is not my boy. Never said he was. I never even mentioned him in this thread. I am not saying cindy's cross check was as bad as Bert's attack. But even the attack was not meant to break his neck, it was meant to send a message and get revenge, the result was an unfortunate result. I am just saying crysby's cross check was just that, a message and a revenge move, that could've, if caught in the right way, result in a unfortunate result. What if Zetterberg had turned around at the exact time and crysbys ended up cross checking z's nose or something. BE THE PROFESSIONAL AND FACE OF THE NHL YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. It is nice tho that time and time again Zetterberg proves who is the better player...

BTW if Bertuzzi hadn't fallen on top of Moore, his neck wouldn't have been broken. So that little what if was the difference between getting knocked out and what actually resulted. One day cindy will do something in one of his tantrums and it WILL result in a "INCIDENT" and then what? ANd so will Ovie...

It's not fair to dismiss people's bitching about Crosby's dirty plays simply because Ovechkin does it, too.

Why?

Because Ovechkin actually gets punished for his transgressions. The league wouldn't suspend Crosby if he intentionally jammed his skate into a player's throat. They'd just call him "competitive."

This would be true if there were 100 or so Red Wings fans. Not every single Wings fan called into the station to give their opinion. It's a silly radio bit and has zero bearing on anything. Using it as some sort of justification is idiotic.

I just used it because someone said there wasn't one Wing fan that had that opinion. And it seems there are more then one that's all.

It's not fair to dismiss people's bitching about Crosby's dirty plays simply because Ovechkin does it, too.

Why?

Because Ovechkin actually gets punished for his transgressions. The league wouldn't suspend Crosby if he intentionally jammed his skate into a player's throat. They'd just call him "competitive."

Let me know when Crosby ends someone's season. Ok?

Edited by Carman

Guest mindfly

I still don't understand why "Carman" has to praise Crosby in every other post he make.. flame war?