• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/22 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

did the wings win?

oh, wait....the GDT has to turn into a pro/con crosby/ovie howie/ozzie or some other my opinion is more truer than yours bitchfest. i get it.

best effort all year. nice win boys.

QUESTION: How did Pavel's line play?

They played well. Franzen hit a post and they were very solid defensively. Although they were kept off the score sheet they played well I thought.

Considering it's Detroit's biggest radio station? I'm by no means saying it's a scientific fact, but I was just using it to show that there are some people that hate Crosby so much that they would go against Yzerman...

Maybe Crosby let down Yzerman tonight.

Guest micah

I still don't understand why "Carman" has to praise Crosby in every other post he make.. flame war?

Probably because hevthinks that the league's best player, Olympic Champion and Stanly Cup Champion and Captain is worthy of praise.

I disagree with hm, and I wish Zetts would have tooled Ctosby instead of bitchng out and letting his goie save him, but whatya gonna do?

Sooo i went to the game tonight ...and i must say, it was the funnest regular season game ive been too. just the atmosphere was playoff like, the crowd was load, everyone was singing, and it ended with Crosby being mulled by my boi Jimmy!

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

I do respect Carmen tho in that he not the typical Red Wings slappy that 95% of the users on here are. I have no problem showing my dislike for many former and current Wings and no matter what people tell me, will never change my opinion. I despise crysby, that is the only difference between him and someone like, McCarty or Hudler. I cannot stand either of those guys either, but not to the extent of cindy. And for the record, my vote goes to Fedorov over Yzerman when it comes to who was a better player for the Wings. Not taking anything away from YZerman as a player or a captain, but for my money, Fedorov was better. crysby still sucks compared to Zetterberg tho!

Why can't both Pavel and Z dominate on separate lines? Is that even possible? To have both of those lines have a performance of that magnitude?

Yeah, they haven't clicked on all cylinders yet. Zetterberg has a world class game one night, and Datsyuk the next. Hopefully they are just banking the performances for the important part.:cool:

Well as much as you people talk about Crosby it seems pretty evident...

Thank you Gordie, maybe people will actually listen to you...

I doubt it though, their jealousy is blinding them.

Carman, I think I'm correct in saying that NOBODY here is jealous of Crosby.

Avs/Kings tied at 1-1 after 1st period. Doesn't matter who wins so long as its not a 3 point game. Time for the Wings to start climbing the ladder. With two very winnable game vs. the Blues and Wild upcoming, could be the 6 seed by the the weekend. Heard an interesting stat during the game........the only teams in the West that have a winning record vs the Wings this season are, of all teams, the Oilers, the Stars and the Blues. Who would've thought it?

It was a great game in every sense of the word. All lines did their job, and nobody, I mean NObody stood out with majorly bad plays. When iffy passes did happen, somebody was there to cover. The Wings took it to them pretty much all night long, and it was GREAT to watch! Ericcson and Meech did their jobs, and Bert played one of his better games. He really seemed to choose to be more involved.

The decibel level of the "Crosby sucks!" chants had to sound deafening to him. And he was booed every time he touched the puck. Both teams were pretty even in stats but I don't think Crosby got many shots on goal. Lidstrom and Rafalski controlled him pretty much all night. And I just heard he was a -2. Which made his temper tantrum at the end of the game almost predictable. It happened at the other end of the ice and we couldn't see what actually happened, so thanks to those of you who put it on here!

I was so very proud of them. They really never let up all game long. They played with heart and intensity. They played just like the Red Wings can. They're in it, kids - right up to their elbows and they seem to be enjoying it.

When asked about Zetterberg's ability to contain Crosby, he noted "A lot of guys play you tough," he said. "And, a lot of guys don't have Rafalski and Lidstrom back there." Nobody pisses Crosby off as well as Zetterberg.

I wonder what kind of jawing is going on out there between those guys. Would love to hear it.

When asked about Zetterberg's ability to contain Crosby, he noted "A lot of guys play you tough,” he said. “And, a lot of guys don’t have Rafalski and Lidstrom back there.”

You know what? Good. I'm glad he said that because that only fuels Z's tank. It seems like ever since he's played hockey that he's been disregarded and unappreciated. Too small; slow; bla bla bla. Keep proving them (and sometimes me) wrong, Z.

You know what else was great about tonight's game? It was a bonding experience for the team. The way Jimmy came to "rescue" (Z's words, not mine) him really showed some signs that the team is becoming more and more unified.

You know what else was great about tonight's game? It was a bonding experience for the team. The way Jimmy came to "rescue" (Z's words, not mine) him really showed some signs that the team is becoming more and more unified.

Exactly. Maybe in the end Crosby helped the Wings by doing that. :ph34r:

I like the Crosby Sucks Chants! lol

Oh good. I'm glad you heard us tonight. It was very loud at the Joe and the booing as well hehe. What was really epic was the pi that was thrown near the end of the game and a couple of plastic beer glasses that were thrown at Crosby and the end of the game when he came back to the bench :clap::yowza:

Also when we were at Hockeytown Cafe waiting for a table they called off "two for Crosby" and the whole restaurant booed loudly, lol.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

What was really epic was the pi that was thrown near the end of the game and a couple of plastic beer glasses that were thrown at Crosby and the end of the game when he came back to the bench :clap::yowza:

Wow I hope not.

Booing is fine, but when fans start throwing things that's over the line...