• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/22 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I don't know who you're talking about but he was great out there. I was at the game.

agreed, and I think you can give credit to lilja. He kinda acts as a safety net for big E. If E get out of position lilja is right there to bail him out. I think that pairing is starting to become what we all were hoping for. Both were really solid tonight.

Great win without Cleary and Eaves!

Absolute domination, and this was off a West coast trip.

Detroit is going to have to continue playing good against St Louis. After two back-to-back loses to start the season, a SO win, 1-0 loss, and a SO loss; it should make for an interesting game.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

a couple of plastic beer glasses that were thrown at Crosby and the end of the game when he came back to the bench :clap::yowza:

[/b]

you cant be serious...thats just unclassy. there is no need for that kind of stuff in hockey.

sure you get mad at certain players. but you dont need to show that kind of disrespect towards a player.

regardless if it was crosby or not we dont need that kind of stuff in hockey. ESPECIALLY at the Joe. Stay Classy will you?

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

I'm sure I only speak for myself, but I think Ovechkin is an incredibly reckless player and I don't like him at all.

yes you do only speak for yourself. Ovechkin plays the game like it used to be played. You should read a little about Ovechkins background and where that passion comes from. Compare that to Crosby's sheltered ass life. As a matter of fact Datsyuk's background ain't so laid with golden bricks either. That's why I like them - working class guys that managed to rise above. Unlike certain prima donnas.

yes you do only speak for yourself. Ovechkin plays the game like it used to be played. You should read a little about Ovechkins background and where that passion comes from. Compare that to Crosby's sheltered ass life. As a matter of fact Datsyuk's background ain't so laid with golden bricks either. That's why I like them - working class guys that managed to rise above. Unlike certain prima donnas.

Well, I mean, Ovechkin is also pretty lucky to have parents that were major athletes as well. He cites them as one of his biggest influences if not the biggest influence. The reason why I say that is because they say he plays so passionate on the ice for his deceased brother.

I think both him and Datsyuk grew up in simple two bedroom maximum flats where they both had to run up the stairs because there simply was no such thing as an elevator.

Great win without Cleary and Eaves!

Absolute domination, and this was off a West coast trip.

Great point. We're normally awful in these games. Maybe the Pens was just what we needed to give us a spark.

And say it quietly boys, but we're within touching distance of 7th!

I just watched the game on tape (DVR)... Fleury certainly did not look all that great. Hank and Filppula looked strong on the puck all night. Perhaps even more remarkable was how crisp the Wings' passing was overall as a team. Lets hope they can keep this kind of pace from here on out!

When asked about Zetterberg's ability to contain Crosby, he noted "A lot of guys play you tough," he said. "And, a lot of guys don't have Rafalski and Lidstrom back there."

Nobody pisses Crosby off as well as Zetterberg.

And notice how Crosby whined about Howard after the game. And yes, it was whining.

After the horn, Howard got into the fray and annoyed Crosby. "I don't think that's where he should be," Crosby said. "I don't know what he was doing over there."

Waaambulance.jpg

Watch the replay again, perhaps if Crosby isn't cross checking Z, that vulcanized rubber thing that they bat around (When not using other players backs) was in the slot area right next to where the blade of his stick would have been if he listen to Mickey.

Now at 3-1 with 3 seconds left a goal does them no good, but what would have been a better end to losing a game:

1) scoring in the last second showing the Versus World (the 1/3 of the hockey world that gets versus) that you play until the end, also scoring on the guy who shuts you down often.

2) showing how childish you are and the lack of emotional control you have by pounding on the back of one of the best all around players in the league known for shutting you down on 5-3, 5-4, and ES.

Me I go for option 2, but I am an immature, poor loser, who often times gets under people skin before, during, and after a game, so take that for what it is worth!

Outside sports I am a nice guy though.

What's even more funny is Z saying, "I knew it was him when I got hit from behind" :lol:

as if anyone needed another reason to absolutely love zetterberg. crosby...what a joke. id love for z to just obliterate crosby like he did in one of the finals (i can't exactly remember which year) but zetterberg hit crosby by the penalty box i believe by the boards and just totally laid him out. what a wonderful occurrence. they should have it out but crosby fights the same way he complains.

as if anyone needed another reason to absolutely love zetterberg. crosby...what a joke. id love for z to just obliterate crosby like he did in one of the finals (i can't exactly remember which year) but zetterberg hit crosby by the penalty box i believe by the boards and just totally laid him out. what a wonderful occurrence. they should have it out but crosby fights the same way he complains.

franzen_crosby.jpg

From Lets Go Pens:

"It's Detroit...the worst city in the world forever.

Detroit fans feel that they're entitled to all things hockey related. They also think that they are hockey gods, incarnated in a horrible town, in order to revive Northern America. People from Detroit aren't the brightest of the bunch. Most are unemployed, and in a state of perpetual drunkenness."

I'm glad that this site is classier than that...

From Lets Go Pens:

"It's Detroit...the worst city in the world forever.

Detroit fans feel that they're entitled to all things hockey related. They also think that they are hockey gods, incarnated in a horrible town, in order to revive Northern America. People from Detroit aren't the brightest of the bunch. Most are unemployed, and in a state of perpetual drunkenness."

I'm glad that this site is classier than that...

Every website has idiots. Hell there are idiots everywhere. It's best to just ignore comments like those.