marc-andre-fleury-2222-388x298.jpg
PIT Marc-Andre Fleury
33-18-5, 2.65 GAA, .910 SV %, 1 SO

fantasy_g_jhoward1_300.jpg
DET Jimmy Howard
28-15-9, 2.32 GAA, .920 SV %, 1 SO

riples187i.png
PIT None

DET Daniel Clary (groin) out, Patrick Eaves (head) out, Kirk Maltby (shoulder surgery) out

Next Game
STL.gif
3/24, St. Louis at Detroit ; 7:30 EST, Joe Louis Arena Edited by Hockeytown0001

Stuart might be out tonight too per Mlive

Patrick Eaves, Dan Cleary still out for Red Wings tonight; Brad Stuart is questionable for the game

By Ansar Khan

March 22, 2010, 11:29AM

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings might be forced to play with 17 skaters -- one under the limit -- tonight against the Pittsburgh Penguins, depending on the status of defenseman Brad Stuart.

Stuart did not skate this morning. Coach Mike Babcock said he was hurt in Saturday's game in Vancouver but the club did not find out about the injury until today. Babcock would not reveal the injury, saying "he's getting checked out right now.''

Forwards Patrick Eaves (sore back, neck) and Dan Cleary (sore groin) will not play tonight. Eaves said he doesn't have a concussion and isn't experiencing headaches, that the pain is more in his back and his neck. Cleary said he feels better today. Both said they hope to play Wednesday against St. Louis.

Derek Meech and Brett Lebda will dress again. Meech likely will take some shifts at forward. Lebda, who dressed but didn't play Saturday, will play if Stuart can't go.

Jimmy Howard will make his 19th consecutive start in goal.

Stuart might be out tonight too per Mlive

Patrick Eaves, Dan Cleary still out for Red Wings tonight; Brad Stuart is questionable for the game

By Ansar Khan

March 22, 2010, 11:29AM

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings might be forced to play with 17 skaters -- one under the limit -- tonight against the Pittsburgh Penguins, depending on the status of defenseman Brad Stuart.

Stuart did not skate this morning. Coach Mike Babcock said he was hurt in Saturday's game in Vancouver but the club did not find out about the injury until today. Babcock would not reveal the injury, saying "he's getting checked out right now.''

Forwards Patrick Eaves (sore back, neck) and Dan Cleary (sore groin) will not play tonight. Eaves said he doesn't have a concussion and isn't experiencing headaches, that the pain is more in his back and his neck. Cleary said he feels better today. Both said they hope to play Wednesday against St. Louis.

Derek Meech and Brett Lebda will dress again. Meech likely will take some shifts at forward. Lebda, who dressed but didn't play Saturday, will play if Stuart can't go.

Jimmy Howard will make his 19th consecutive start in goal.

NOOOOOOO please not this again. Don't all get hurt NOW! AHHHH

Going to the game tonight. Dang it all Eaves :(. Luckily don't have to listen to VS announcers kissing Crosby's' ass 50 million times tonight.

GO WINGS!!!!

I won't listen to VS announcers either. I turn down the sound and listen to the radio broadcast. Pretty tough getting a station up hear in the wilderness, but listening to a static filled AM broadcast is better than the "Cindy" show on VS....

GO WINGS

NOOOOOOO please not this again. Don't all get hurt NOW! AHHHH

Agreed. I really hope this doesn't snowball.

If we're healthy I don't care if it's the Sharks, Hawks or whoever in the first round - we can beat any of these teams.

Wings 4-1 made even more enjoyable tonight by watching Sissy Crosby get shut down by the worlds best: Zata.

Go Wings.

Wooo last Versus broadcast of the season, so glad it's back on Directv...makes things easier for me :)

I won't be around through most of the game today, so for those that PM me just be aware I might not get your message until late in the 3rd. It seems there a more people not being able to figure out how to watch the stream. If you can try to PM me at the very beginning of the game cause I should be available 10-15 mins in.

Guest mindfly

Any call ups from Grand Rapids?

Not possible unless someone gets put on LTIR and by this get some cap relief.

Malkin is out for tonight's game.

Read it on the Pen's board at HF, so I will search for a news article.

Malkin is out for tonight's game.

Read it on the Pen's board at HF, so I will search for a news article.

From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

DETROIT -- Center Evgeni Malkin, who reinjured his right foot late in the Penguins' 3-2 overtime loss to Carolina Saturday, will sit out their game against Detroit tonight at Joe Louis Arena.

Coach Dan Bylsma confirmed that while meeting with reporters after the team's game-day skate.

With Malkin out of the mix, Bylsma had to reconfigure his forward lines, and used these combinations during the game-day skate:

Matt Cooke-Jordan Staal-Bill Guerin.

Chrus Kunitz-Sidney Crosby-Pascal Dupuis.

Alexei Ponikarovsky-Max Talbot-Ruslan Fedotenko.

Mike Rupp-Craig Adams-Tyler Kennedy.

We flew into Detroit yesterday and will be at the game tonight and the one Wednesday against the Blues. We'll be in section 219 for tonight's game, and section 121 for the Blues' game. We'll probably be the oldest and (me) the loudest people there. And the Penguins better look out because I've already lost too much money in the slots here.

GIT DAOWN, WINGS!!! KICK SOME WADDLIN' ASS OUT THERE or I will probably come down to the ice to help out. You boyz just don't wanna GO there!

GO, WINGS!! GO, HOWIE!!!

Edited by Vladifan