• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#541 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

You want to see Kronwall blatantly leave his feet and elbow Crosby when he's not expecting it?

That's what Kronwall means...right?

Yeah...you just lost any credibility you might have had. :rolleyes:

"Kronwalled" (or its variation "Kronwall'd") is derived from his hit on Martin Havlat in the playoffs last season. A clean hit in which his feet did not leave the ice until after the hit. Has Kronwall left the ice on some of his hits? Yes, I won't deny that. But on the majority of his big hits? Clean as a whistle.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#542 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

K, you win. Cooke is dirty. Wait though, what do you call it when someone takes a players head, shoves it into the ice, and jumps on top of him?

An incident that happened 6 years ago. Is Bert still doing this? No. Is Crosby still taking cheap shots at players? Yes.

You're team lost and your arguments suck.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#543 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

K, you win. Cooke is dirty. Wait though, what do you call it when someone takes a players head, shoves it into the ice, and jumps on top of him?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#544 Pens Guy

Pens Guy

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

We cannot have any factual evidence in here. Blasphemy!!!

K Kronwall's shoulder is still hitting Havlat's head. Which your friend just said was totally illegal. Way to contradict eachother

#545 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

A Crosby move.

#546 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

K Kronwall's shoulder is still hitting Havlat's head. Which your friend just said was totally illegal. Way to contradict eachother

Can I call you a PENS ***???
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#547 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

Cooke doesn't ever leave his feet and most of his questionable hits are with the actual bicep area. Watch the Savard hit. NOT an elbow. Kronwall leaves his feet everytime he hits.

I wasn't aware that the bicep was in proximity to the knee. Curious.

ABV_sig.png

#548 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Craig Adams and Mike Rupp are simply role players who don't hit dirty at all. Have you ever watched the Penguins play or are you just naming everyone on the Pens that is somewhat gritty. P.S. Kronwall leaves his feet for every hit and dont get me started about Bertuzzi. The "dirty" argument is comically faulty.

Don't mind this guy, he just became a hockey fan less than a year ago.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#549 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,579 posts

You want to see Kronwall blatantly leave his feet and elbow Crosby when he's not expecting it?

That's what Kronwall means...right?

Ya, just as much as you want to see cindy crosscheck Zetterberg in the back of the head and somehow defend his actions... :blink: I would love to see Kronwall level cindy like he leveled Havlat to where his eyes were rolling into the back of his head. Damn I wish Scott Stevens still played! He took out the "next" one he would assuredly dismantle and decapitate cindy the crybaby...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#550 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

Someone at the lgp forums posted the following:

"I love how much Crosby hates Zetterberg. You can see he hates playing against him more than any other player, and I loved the repeated cross checks to his back as the game ended.

Of course, that's essentially the highest compliment you can give one of our opponents. He's the only player I have seen that can frustrate Crosby consistently."

I love reading this kind of stuff when it comes out of fans' mouths. Especially what with Ovechkin and Crosby being such heated rivals, its good for someone to notice that Z definitely gets under that kid's skin.

#551 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

that was a long time ago, none of us are endorsing that behaviour, he did not wear a red wings uniform when he did that-not saying that it makes it okay, but you should have tried ripping the canucks fans apart years ago for that, its over, bertuzzi isnt doing that anymore as a wing and we arent defending him for his previous actions, give it a rest.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#552 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Wings didnt get a single penalty either right? when did that happend last time?

Nah, we did get at least one, Franzen for tripping (but Gonchar got called too, so it was a 4v4). Plus Zata and Howard got called for roughing at the 20:00 of the 3rd. :P

ABV_sig.png

#553 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Blind as well as dumb. Kronwall is not aiming for his head and any contact with the head is of a secondary nature. Unlike the Cooke hit which was direct contact with the head.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#554 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

Wings didnt get a single penalty either right? when did that happend last time?

they did. franzen got one and homer got 2.

with the scrum at the end of the game, Crosby, Hank and Jimmy each got a roughing minor. lol

#555 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Someone at the lgp forums posted the following:

"I love how much Crosby hates Zetterberg. You can see he hates playing against him more than any other player, and I loved the repeated cross checks to his back as the game ended.

Of course, that's essentially the highest compliment you can give one of our opponents. He's the only player I have seen that can frustrate Crosby consistently."

I love reading this kind of stuff when it comes out of fans' mouths. Especially what with Ovechkin and Crosby being such heated rivals, its good for someone to notice that Z definitely gets under that kid's skin.

Yea, try to keep in mind this Pens Guy troll is not representative of the Pens entire fan base.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#556 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Do you really not understand how much of an idiot and baby you are making yourself look right now

#557 wiszo1mt

wiszo1mt

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Cooke doesn't ever leave his feet and most of his questionable hits are with the actual bicep area. Watch the Savard hit. NOT an elbow. Kronwall leaves his feet everytime he hits.

Dude you honestly cannot look at the Savard hit and tell us that Cooke was not head hunting and leading with his elbow. he had intent to injure on his mind and took full advantage to it when the time came. I am not going to defend players who make plays like that or the Bert hit on Moore. Both hits were a disgrace to hockey.

As for Kronwall, on most of his hits (not all) he follows through and that is why he leaves his feet. He rarely leaves his feet before impact and when he does he gets calls on him. if you disagree please explain to me why in the world would an internationally known hockey company (Bauer) have him as a spokesman if he did his hits illegally?

Your boys lost tonight get over it

Mount Pleasant Wings Fan

#558 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

No my friend, we call that "Cooke"d

Pa-owned.

#559 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

Don't mind this guy, he just became a hockey fan less than a year ago.

I can adopt you - easily...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#560 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

I gotta laugh at Carman accusing us of being jealous of Crosby and the Pens in the Penguins bashing thread. Give me the Zetterberg and the Wings over that cry baby any day!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons