• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#561 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

K, you win. Cooke is dirty. Wait though, what do you call it when someone takes a players head, shoves it into the ice, and jumps on top of him?

Please go away. We're talking about today's game. We call these "game day forums".

Bertuzzi wasn't even a wing then. If you think he should be out of hockey then that's a different argument which was argued ad nasuem back WHEN IT HAPPENED. G'Night, go ***** and whine on your own site.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#562 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

No argument here. Hoping it shows up on YouTube so we can relive what a pompous little prick he is again and again.

Cross Checking: Rule 59.1 Cross-checking - The action of using the shaft of the stick between the two hands to forcefully check an opponent.

I thought I would plug this little NHL rule in here as it appears, based on the collective s*** losing going on by my fellow Wings fans, that they aren't too familiar with what a cross check is.

When I see some of the over the top reaction to what is essentially a frustrated player (pwnd by Lids and Z again) taking pot shots at an opponent after losing a game I just wonder howf****** retarded most Wings fans are.

Seriously? Are we really that bent out of shape? Jesus, remember the cross-eyed, berserker rage Iginla went on awhile back during a playoff loss to the Wings. It was mass hysteria and "I have no respect for that classlessf******, blah, blah"

The amount of drama queens on this site is almost too sadly pathetic to even make fun of.

Reations like this tell me only one thing. And it's that most of the vocal, lets start a formal inquiry everytime somebody farts in the direction of a wing crowd must have grown up in the 90's, are completely unfamiliar with Bob Probert, Joe Kocur or anything the Red Wings did prior to 2002.

When players lose games that they've clearly been dominated in, sometimes they get frustrated and act out. If I had to call every single player classless b/c they cross checked Hank, the list would be just about every player who has ever played a game against hank.

We won. We played great. We made Crosby invisible. Big props to Howard for stepping in. Big props to Z for taking a wild swing at the kid. But you know what, get yerf****** panties out of a bind people. Just not that big a deal. Grow a thicker skin already.

just a few clips to show that hockey players, lots of 'em, get angry sometimes and for lots of different reasons. Just imagine the s*** storm if somebody called stevie y "classless" for butt ending a player. Now if sid butt ended anybody. holy s***. LGW might crash from all the keyboard mashing and teeth gnashing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjDgUYNvlsI

who are those frustrated guys in the red in this video??? I can't quite make out the jerseys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwP1zTilpk

alls i'm saying people, is that it's really not that big a deal. people get cross checked all the time. especially at the end of rivalry games when one team got pwnd. We won and I'm loving it. That's all that matters.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted, 22 March 2010 - 09:07 PM.

Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#563 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Pens Guy Sure is making my night right now.
First the Wings get a nice win over the Pens and then this clown keeps chirping in with his idiotic but hilarious comments. Keep it coming buddy, you sure are making all the Pens fans look good tonight. Sore loser much?

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#564 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

So Adams in clean...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#565 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Yeah Crosby cross checked your star player. Bertuzzi broke someone's neck and ended his career. You make a lot of sense dude!!!

Everyone looks classy on the ice compared to the 'tuzzi/Moore incident. :P
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#566 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

I gotta laugh at Carman accusing us of being jealous of Crosby and the Pens in the Penguins bashing thread. Give me the Zetterberg and the Wings over that cry baby any day!

Well as much as you people talk about Crosby it seems pretty evident...

Thank you Gordie, maybe people will actually listen to you...

I doubt it though, their jealousy is blinding them.

Edited by Carman, 22 March 2010 - 09:06 PM.

#567 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Yea, try to keep in mind this Pens Guy troll is not representative of the Pens entire fan base.

Actually this Pens Guy seems to be quite the minority. Most of the posters at LGP seem to be quite level-headed. I actually want to join their site because a good deal of them seem to be quite educated when it comes to hockey.

#568 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

K Kronwall's shoulder is still hitting Havlat's head. Which your friend just said was totally illegal. Way to contradict eachother

The difference was the blind side. Havlet was an idiot - Savard was pretty defenseless.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#569 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

Yeah Crosby cross checked your star player. Bertuzzi broke someone's neck and ended his career. You make a lot of sense dude!!!

yeah like how many years ago?....

You want to see Kronwall blatantly leave his feet and elbow Crosby when he's not expecting it?

That's what Kronwall means...right?

DAMN RIGHT I DO!

#570 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,078 posts

Posted Image

Jimmy How-owned.

#571 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

they did. franzen got one and homer got 2.

with the scrum at the end of the game, Crosby, Hank and Jimmy each got a roughing minor. lol

Yeah my bad it was 2 4on4 situations but pens never had a 5on4 opportunity...

#572 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Games played, points,
5 NASHVILLE PREDATORS, 73, 89
6 LOS ANGELES KINGS, 70, 87
7 COLORADO AVALANCHE, 71, 86
8 DETROIT RED WINGS, 72, 85
9 CALGARY FLAMES, 72, 81

Edited by P. Marlowe, 22 March 2010 - 09:08 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#573 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

Cross Checking: Rule 59.1 Cross-checking - The action of using the shaft of the stick between the two hands to forcefully check an opponent.

I thought I would plug this little NHL rule in here as it appears, based on the collective s*** losing going on by my fellow Wings fans, that they aren't too familiar with what a cross check is.

When I see some of the over the top reaction to what is essentially a frustrated player (pwnd by Lids and Z again) taking pot shots at an opponent after losing a game I just wonder howf****** retarded most Wings fans are.

Seriously? Are we really that bent out of shape? Jesus, remember the cross-eyed, berserker rage Iginla went on awhile back during a playoff loss to the Wings. It was mass hysteria and "I have no respect for that classlessf******, blah, blah"

The amount of drama queens on this site is almost too sadly pathetic to even make fun of.

Reations like this tell me only one thing. And it's that most of the vocal, lets start a formal inquiry everytime somebody farts in the direction of a wing crowd must have grown up in the 90's, are completely unfamiliar with Bob Probert, Joe Kocur or anything the Red Wings did prior to 2002.

When players lose games that they've clearly been dominated in, sometimes they get frustrated and act out. If I had to call every single player classless b/c they cross checked Hank, the list would be just about every player who has ever played a game against hank.

We won. We played great. We made Crosby invisible. Big props to Howard for stepping in. Big props to Z for taking a wild swing at the kid. But you know what, get yerf****** panties out of a bind people. Just not that big a deal. Grow a thicker skin already.

just a few clips to show that hockey players, lots of 'em, get angry sometimes and for lots of different reasons. Just imagine the s*** storm if somebody called stevie y "classless" for butt ending a player. Now if sid butt ended anybody. holy s***. LGW might crash from all the keyboard mashing and teeth gnashing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjDgUYNvlsI

who are those frustrated guys in the red in this video??? I can't quite make out the jerseys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwP1zTilpk

Come now Gordie-- Yzerman is renown for his class. Crosby's had a spotted history at best when it comes to class. Whining, skipping Stanley Cup handshakes, dismissive comments about other players, etc. He's a great player, sure, but comparing him to Yzerman is laughable.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#574 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

Come on, Gordie, don't compare apples to oranges to defend the play.

Posted Image

#575 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

Crosby is cheap? Todd Bertuzzi plays for your team.

That is oh so classy. Detroit at its finest!

P.S. Those Crosby sucks chants are comical!

And I suppose that you think Crosby socking a guy in the balls from behind is classy? He is nothing but a NO CLASS ****** BAG and if you don't like reading our opinion of the s***head then don't come here.......

#576 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

K, you win. Cooke is dirty. Wait though, what do you call it when someone takes a players head, shoves it into the ice, and jumps on top of him?

:hysterical: I think we all call that dirty, cheap, rotten and down right stupid. There isn't one person on here defending what Bertuzzi actions resulted in, you on the other hand seem to think that it was ok that Cooke went headhunting and blindsided the guy just because he hit him with his bi-cep "area." As a matter of fact there is probably more than 50% of the users on here that were disgusted when the Wings traded for Todd in 2007 and were equally disgusted when the sign him over the summer. I would like to see your reaction to a Chris Pronger "bi-cep area" headshot to crysby resulting in the same injury...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#577 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

The difference between Cooke and Bertuzzi is that Bertuzzi hasn't been dirty when wearing a Wings uniform. Maybe he doesn't want to get that legendary shirt dirty. Where as Cooke doesn't really have anything to lose playing for the Crosby's.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#578 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

What's with the trolls on the boards tonight? You'd think we beat the Penguins or somethi......

Oh.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#579 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

lol at Pens Guy, he's already got a -40!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#580 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

Cooke doesn't ever leave his feet and most of his questionable hits are with the actual bicep area. Watch the Savard hit. NOT an elbow. Kronwall leaves his feet everytime he hits.

The only feet that left the ground on that hit were Havlats YOU watch it I just did....