• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#661 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

Avs/Kings tied at 1-1 after 1st period. Doesn't matter who wins so long as its not a 3 point game. Time for the Wings to start climbing the ladder. With two very winnable game vs. the Blues and Wild upcoming, could be the 6 seed by the the weekend. Heard an interesting stat during the game........the only teams in the West that have a winning record vs the Wings this season are, of all teams, the Oilers, the Stars and the Blues. Who would've thought it?

#662 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

Let's start a grassmovemnt. "Put Jimmy Howard on a Detroit building!"

I'd gladly join that movement. :thumbup:

He wasn't stopped; the Caps had the night off.

Game. Set. Match.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#663 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:36 PM

Zetterberg, Filppula, and Bertuzzi are on fire as of late. What a great line right now.

Posted Image

#664 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

When asked about Zetterberg's ability to contain Crosby, he noted "A lot of guys play you tough,” he said. “And, a lot of guys don’t have Rafalski and Lidstrom back there.”

Nobody pisses Crosby off as well as Zetterberg.

#665 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

It was a great game in every sense of the word. All lines did their job, and nobody, I mean NObody stood out with majorly bad plays. When iffy passes did happen, somebody was there to cover. The Wings took it to them pretty much all night long, and it was GREAT to watch! Ericcson and Meech did their jobs, and Bert played one of his better games. He really seemed to choose to be more involved.

The decibel level of the "Crosby sucks!" chants had to sound deafening to him. And he was booed every time he touched the puck. Both teams were pretty even in stats but I don't think Crosby got many shots on goal. Lidstrom and Rafalski controlled him pretty much all night. And I just heard he was a -2. Which made his temper tantrum at the end of the game almost predictable. It happened at the other end of the ice and we couldn't see what actually happened, so thanks to those of you who put it on here!

I was so very proud of them. They really never let up all game long. They played with heart and intensity. They played just like the Red Wings can. They're in it, kids - right up to their elbows and they seem to be enjoying it.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#666 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

Crosby's frustration level seemed to reach a boiling point in the final seconds, leading to him cross-checking Zetterberg in the back in front of Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard.

"I knew it was him without turning around," Zetterberg said.

lol Z

Posted Image

#667 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

Love Z's comment

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#668 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

When asked about Zetterberg's ability to contain Crosby, he noted "A lot of guys play you tough," he said. "And, a lot of guys don't have Rafalski and Lidstrom back there." Nobody pisses Crosby off as well as Zetterberg.

I wonder what kind of jawing is going on out there between those guys. Would love to hear it.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#669 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

When asked about Zetterberg's ability to contain Crosby, he noted "A lot of guys play you tough,” he said. “And, a lot of guys don’t have Rafalski and Lidstrom back there.”

You know what? Good. I'm glad he said that because that only fuels Z's tank. It seems like ever since he's played hockey that he's been disregarded and unappreciated. Too small; slow; bla bla bla. Keep proving them (and sometimes me) wrong, Z.

#670 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

You know what else was great about tonight's game? It was a bonding experience for the team. The way Jimmy came to "rescue" (Z's words, not mine) him really showed some signs that the team is becoming more and more unified.

#671 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

You know what else was great about tonight's game? It was a bonding experience for the team. The way Jimmy came to "rescue" (Z's words, not mine) him really showed some signs that the team is becoming more and more unified.

Exactly. Maybe in the end Crosby helped the Wings by doing that. :ph34r:

#672 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

With idiotic comments like these, I wonder which "Lemieux" household Crosby lives in.

#673 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

I like the Crosby Sucks Chants! lol

Oh good. I'm glad you heard us tonight. It was very loud at the Joe and the booing as well hehe. What was really epic was the pi that was thrown near the end of the game and a couple of plastic beer glasses that were thrown at Crosby and the end of the game when he came back to the bench :clap: :yowza:

Also when we were at Hockeytown Cafe waiting for a table they called off "two for Crosby" and the whole restaurant booed loudly, lol.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 22 March 2010 - 11:30 PM.

#674 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

PLEASE take Ericsson out. He is TERRIBLE.

I don't know who you're talking about but he was great out there. I was at the game.

#675 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

What was really epic was the pi that was thrown near the end of the game and a couple of plastic beer glasses that were thrown at Crosby and the end of the game when he came back to the bench :clap: :yowza:

Wow I hope not.

Booing is fine, but when fans start throwing things that's over the line...

#676 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:30 PM

Yeah i agree throwing stuff isn't cool.

Posted Image

#677 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

I don't know who you're talking about but he was great out there. I was at the game.

agreed, and I think you can give credit to lilja. He kinda acts as a safety net for big E. If E get out of position lilja is right there to bail him out. I think that pairing is starting to become what we all were hoping for. Both were really solid tonight.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#678 mwagner468

mwagner468

Top Prospect

• Gold Booster
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

Does anyone have a link for the final seconds of the game my tivo stopped recording at 49 seconds left? Ty in advance

#679 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

Does anyone have a link for the final seconds of the game my tivo stopped recording at 49 seconds left? Ty in advance

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvVwhBpGMk

#680 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

Great win without Cleary and Eaves!
Absolute domination, and this was off a West coast trip.

Detroit is going to have to continue playing good against St Louis. After two back-to-back loses to start the season, a SO win, 1-0 loss, and a SO loss; it should make for an interesting game.
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch