• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/22 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Watch the replay again, perhaps if Crosby isn't cross checking Z, that vulcanized rubber thing that they bat around (When not using other players backs) was in the slot area right next to where the blade of his stick would have been if he listen to Mickey.

Now at 3-1 with 3 seconds left a goal does them no good, but what would have been a better end to losing a game:

1) scoring in the last second showing the Versus World (the 1/3 of the hockey world that gets versus) that you play until the end, also scoring on the guy who shuts you down often.

2) showing how childish you are and the lack of emotional control you have by pounding on the back of one of the best all around players in the league known for shutting you down on 5-3, 5-4, and ES.

Me I go for option 2, but I am an immature, poor loser, who often times gets under people skin before, during, and after a game, so take that for what it is worth!

Outside sports I am a nice guy though.

I noticed this also. Actually, the guys I was watching the game with were laughing because there was 12.6 seconds left and the Pens were still trying. I told them that we scored twice in 5 seconds last game, no reason someone else couldn't. It ain't over till it's over.

I was also amused that Crosby decided that cross checking Zata in the back for the last 12.6 seconds was more important than trying to score again. It's all about choices, I guess.

From Lets Go Pens:

"It's Detroit...the worst city in the world forever.

Detroit fans feel that they're entitled to all things hockey related. They also think that they are hockey gods, incarnated in a horrible town, in order to revive Northern America. People from Detroit aren't the brightest of the bunch. Most are unemployed, and in a state of perpetual drunkenness."

I'm glad that this site is classier than that...

okay, i'm from detroit. i've lived (briefly) in pittsburgh. between the two, neither is the place you buy a vacation home. slight edge to detroit, simply because so many people have moved out, you statistically have a better chance of not being stabbed or shot. pittsburgh, you stand a much higher chance of wanting to stab/shoot yourself!!

meanwhile, back on topic....am i the only one who heard the VS ******-nouncers calling various red wings "gonchar" during gonchar's penalty (i think it was in the 1st, and flip was the "phantom gonchar")?

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Come now Gordie-- Yzerman is renown for his class. Crosby's had a spotted history at best when it comes to class. Whining, skipping Stanley Cup handshakes, dismissive comments about other players, etc. He's a great player, sure, but comparing him to Yzerman is laughable.

Well Drake, I would say most of his detractors are doing the exact same thing in a roundabout way.

For instance, you mention the hand shake line. Not for 1 second do I believe he intentionally decided to snub any of the Wings. Afterall, he did make part of the line did he not? You're only upset about it b/c, even if you don't say it, Stevie Y or Nick would never do that. Well, the flip side of that coin neither Stevie nor Nick was ever dubbed the next one, nor did either ever have the media exposure Sid has, and third, neither of them won the cup at age 21 and were immediately hounded. People ***** about the handshake line like he was standing off in the corner, watching the line go by and deliberately not joining in the handshakes. That's laughable.

The rest of it, stuff like the cross checks last night. Really? That's the kind of stuff that has people so wound up? It's absurd on a level that would make absurd look at it and go "chill the f*** out!"

I don't think this has anything to do with class. I've seen tons of interviews with him (hard to miss, they're have been many), and you know what, he's well spoken and humble. He always praises his teammates and I have never, EVER, once seen him give an interview where he says anything about himself in such glorious terms such as he's god's gift and we're all just living in his world. But if you listen to LGWers, he's said much, much worse. You'd think he takes PR lessons from Avery the way LGWers look at it. The cold hard truth, it's just people forgetting that this is hockey afterall, and they're just looking to be offended.

People may get the impression that I like Crosby. I really don't. I think he's a little ******. But I think of it in hockey terms. Like how I think Andy McDonald was always a ******. He plays for another team so I don't like him. He plays well and can be a pain in the ass, so I don't like him. And that's where it ends. I don't go looking for stuff to exaggerate when a level head and some perspective will tell you that you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

So he cross checks Z a bunch of times last night. SO WHAT. That's what players do. All players? No. All Captains? Not necessarily. But you know what, Mark Messier was one of the greatest leaders in history and he did s*** that was so ******* foul it makes anything Crosby does look Rated G for everyone.

Also, I really don't think the LGW hard on for Crosby has anything to do with jealousy. I think anybody who doesn't recognize how great he is or how hard he works or how bad he wants to win, or says they'd never want him on the wings is jealous of him. I just think they're ******* retards that have no business opining about anything related to hockey.

Jealousy of Crosby? No. An overblown, adolescent, ridiculous ***** fest, overreaction, mostly perpetrated by younger posters who for whatever reason love to cling to even the shakiest ground just so that they can continue to ***** about him. Absolutely.

IMO, the Crosby hate is so phony and contrived it's downright embarrassing. The guy never does anything worthy of the wrath he gets. 800 nhlers cross check, face wash, do whatever and nobody says a peep. Hartnell, Pronger, Tootoo and about 6 others do the same thing and they should be banished from the league. Crosby does it, and he falls somewhere in the middle of those 2 groups. It's because he's good. It's because they beat us. It's because its a rivalry.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the kid. Hours of interviews have proven to me he's geniuinely a good kid and not a pompous ass. Does he make mistakes? Sure. But every reaction to something he's done is so overblown people need to realize it's NOT b/c there's something wrong with Crosby. It's b/c there's something wrong with them.

i.e. take a ******* chill pill.

Drake-i'm speaking in general terms here so don't think i'm blasting all of this in your direction :thumbup:

I was also amused that Crosby decided that cross checking Zata in the back for the last 12.6 seconds was more important than trying to score again. It's all about choices, I guess.

This is what gets me:

20:00

PIT

Sidney Crosby : Roughing - 2 min

DET

Jimmy Howard : Roughing - 2 min

DET

Henrik Zetterberg : Roughing - 2 min

Looks like Crosby's crosscheck to Z went unnoticed...

This is what gets me:

PIT

Sidney Crosby : Roughing - 2 min

DET

Jimmy Howard : Roughing - 2 min

DET

Henrik Zetterberg : Roughing - 2 min

Looks like Crosby's crosscheck to Z went unnoticed...

Or they just gave him a roughing in place of a cross checking?

Same way the give a hooking class instead of a slash. Sometimes penalties overlap.

Or they just gave him a roughing in place of a cross checking?

Same way the give a hooking class instead of a slash. Sometimes penalties overlap.

Should of been assessed 2 minutes for crosschecking and 2 minutes roughing.

Should of been assessed 2 minutes for crosschecking and 2 minutes roughing.

Cool story.

Because penalties at the end of the game need to be nitpicked to the end of days, right?

Cool story.

Because penalties at the end of the game need to be nitpicked to the end of days, right?

If the league is looking to correct any inconsistencies with calls, then yes, they do.

Edited by Rivalred

Guest GordieSid&Ted

If the league is looking to correct any inconsistencies with calls, then yes, they do.

I imagine it's a conspiracy thing. They don't want Sid getting too many penalty minutes. Especially important ones at the end of a game where the players and officials are more concerned about taking showers and getting the f*** home than worrying about who gets exactly what penalties. Oh wait, these were important penalties. Like match penalties and game misconducts, weren't they?

This is exactly what i'm talking about. An LGWer complaining that Crosby didn't get the "right" kind or "right" amount of penalties at the 20:00 ******* minute mark of a game that we WON!

We need a "d'oh" graemlin that's slapping his forehead like WTF. If we had one, I'd use the s*** out of that thing.

At least it provides more proof that Wings fans are delusional and so blinded by uncontrollable rage (the same kind of emotional non control they bash crosby for) that they ***** about stuff like this.

20:00 minute mark, minor penalty calls. An LGW issue on par with health care reform or US/Israeli relations. "d'oh"

Z fighting anyone at that point in the game helps the team how? Outside of opening him up for suspension while we're trying to solidify a tightly contested playoff spot?

BTW, Would Z fight Malkin? Yep. :D

esteef

Edited by esteef

I agree with everything you are saying Gordie.

Unfortunately I attack immaturity with immaturity, so it takes away from my credibility.

I just don't see the big deal about the candy-cane s*** Crosby does, when there are players out there who are potentially ruining lives (Cooke, Torres, Ruutu etc.). Yet Crosby cross checks someone at the end of the game and it's the end of the world and has less class than Bertuzzi who paralyzed someone. It's mind boggling to me.

Well Drake, I would say most of his detractors are doing the exact same thing in a roundabout way.

For instance, you mention the hand shake line. Not for 1 second do I believe he intentionally decided to snub any of the Wings. Afterall, he did make part of the line did he not? You're only upset about it b/c, even if you don't say it, Stevie Y or Nick would never do that. Well, the flip side of that coin neither Stevie nor Nick was ever dubbed the next one, nor did either ever have the media exposure Sid has, and third, neither of them won the cup at age 21 and were immediately hounded. People ***** about the handshake line like he was standing off in the corner, watching the line go by and deliberately not joining in the handshakes. That's laughable.

The rest of it, like him not sucking Zetterberg's cock and praising him in all his glory in every interview, and stuff like the cross checks last night. Really? That's the kind of stuff that has people so wound up? It's absurd on a level that would make absurd look at it and go "chill the f*** out!"

I don't think this has anything to do with class. I've seen tons of interviews with him (hard to miss, they're have been many), and you know what, he's well spoken and humble. He always praises his teammates and I have never, EVER, once seen him give an interview where he says anything about himself in such glorious terms such as he's god's gift and we're all just living in his world. But if you listen to LGWers, he's said much, much worse. You'd think he takes PR lessons from Avery the way LGWers look at it. The cold hard truth, it's just people forgetting that this is hockey afterall, and they're just looking to be offended.

People may get the impression that I like Crosby. I really don't. I think he's a little ******. But I think of it in hockey terms. Like how I think Andy McDonald was always a ******. He plays for another team so I don't like him. He plays well and can be a pain in the ass, so I don't like him. And that's where it ends. I don't go looking for stuff to exaggerate when a level head and some perspective will tell you that you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

So he cross checks Z a bunch of times last night. SO WHAT. That's what players do. All players? No. All Captains? Not necessarily. But you know what, Mark Messier was one of the greatest leaders in history and he did s*** that was so ******* foul it makes anything Crosby does look Rated G for everyone.

Also, I really don't think the LGW hard on for Crosby has anything to do with jealousy. I think anybody who doesn't recognize how great he is or how hard he works or how bad he wants to win, or says they'd never want him on the wings is jealous of him. I just think they're ******* retards that have no business opining about anything related to hockey.

Jealousy of Crosby? No. An overblown, adolescent, ridiculous ***** fest, overreaction, mostly perpetrated by younger posters who for whatever reason love to cling to even the shakiest ground just so that they can continue to ***** about him. Absolutely.

IMO, the Crosby hate is so phony and contrived it's downright embarrassing. The guy never does anything worthy of the wrath he gets. 800 nhlers cross check, face wash, do whatever and nobody says a peep. Hartnell, Pronger, Tootoo and about 6 others do the same thing and they should be banished from the league. Crosby does it, and he falls somewhere in the middle of those 2 groups. It's because he's good. It's because they beat us. It's because its a rivalry.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the kid. Hours of interviews have proven to me he's geniuinely a good kid and not a pompous ass. Does he make mistakes? Sure. But every reaction to something he's done is so overblown people need to realize it's NOT b/c there's something wrong with Crosby. It's b/c there's something wrong with them.

Drake-i'm speaking in general terms here so don't think i'm blasting all of this in your direction :thumbup:

Well if it makes you feel better I just gave you a + for this post. :)

I agree with everything you are saying Gordie.

Unfortunately I attack immaturity with immaturity, so it takes away from my credibility.

I just don't see the big deal about the candy-cane s*** Crosby does, when there are players out there who are potentially ruining lives (Cooke, Torres, Ruutu etc.). Yet Crosby cross checks someone at the end of the game and it's the end of the world and has less class than Bertuzzi who paralyzed someone. It's mind boggling to me.

Cooke definitely got his share of s*** on here.

And that Bertuzzi comment was just one bad example. Most of us (as in, members on any internet hockey forum) know not to even think things like that.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Z fighting anyone at that point in the game helps the team how? Outside of opening him up for suspension while we're trying to solidify a tightly contested playoff spot?

BTW, Would Z fight Malkin? Yep. :D

esteef

Haha. You know what i'm talking about esteef. Z would never fight him, the time on the clock is of no relevance to the argument that we're a bunch of candy asses who get off on the fact that our star player has to be rescued by the fraggin goaltender from the other team's star player.

I just think it's funny how excited we are that our goalie came to the rescue. I'd be more excited if Z dropped them and put Sid in his place. In all my playing days. If my goalie jumped in like that I would tell him thanks but not necessary. I can fight my own fight. Especially against Sidney Crosby.

Cool story.

PIM count towards most pools, so yes, this is an important point. Or maybe you don't have Crosby in your pool? :D

Haha. You know what i'm talking about esteef. Z would never fight him, the time on the clock is of no relevance to the argument that we're a bunch of candy asses who get off on the fact that our star player has to be rescued by the fraggin goaltender from the other team's star player.

I just think it's funny how excited we are that our goalie came to the rescue. I'd be more excited if Z dropped them and put Sid in his place. In all my playing days. If my goalie jumped in like that I would tell him thanks but not necessary. I can fight my own fight. Especially against Sidney Crosby.

I can dig that, but in last night's situation, the Wings have more to lose engaging anyone on the Pens, Crosby or not. Plus, we can't have Z breaking a nail or anything, those post game press conferences are on tv for crying out loud! :P

esteef

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

The rest of it, like him not sucking Zetterberg's cock and praising him in all his glory in every interview, and stuff like the cross checks last night. Really? That's the kind of stuff that has people so wound up? It's absurd on a level that would make absurd look at it and go "chill the f*** out!"

wow

i actually read through all that.

excellent post my friend.

the part i bolded is the part i liked the best and i couldnt agree with you more. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I imagine it's a conspiracy thing. They don't want Sid getting too many penalty minutes. Especially important ones at the end of a game where the players and officials are more concerned about taking showers and getting the f*** home than worrying about who gets exactly what penalties. Oh wait, these were important penalties. Like match penalties and game misconducts, weren't they?

This is exactly what i'm talking about. An LGWer complaining that Crosby didn't get the "right" kind or "right" amount of penalties at the 20:00 ******* minute mark of a game that we WON!

We need a "d'oh" graemlin that's slapping his forehead like WTF. If we had one, I'd use the s*** out of that thing.

At least it provides more proof that Wings fans are delusional and so blinded by uncontrollable rage (the same kind of emotional non control they bash crosby for) that they ***** about stuff like this.

20:00 minute mark, minor penalty calls. An LGW issue on par with health care reform or US/Israeli relations. "d'oh"

I honestly do not think I really ever moaned about Crosby like other members here have, I would of made that call on any player. Please feel free to search through my posts and correct me if I am wrong.

Tired of the no calls being made, one example when Vancouver player had his arm wrapped around Z (1st 4 seconds of the clip)...

From Lets Go Pens:

"It's Detroit...the worst city in the world forever.

Detroit fans feel that they're entitled to all things hockey related. They also think that they are hockey gods, incarnated in a horrible town, in order to revive Northern America. People from Detroit aren't the brightest of the bunch. Most are unemployed, and in a state of perpetual drunkenness."

I'm glad that this site is classier than that...

I just have to laugh if all they can do is run down the city of Detroit. Uh the last time I watch it was a hockey game between the Pens and Wings and the city had nothing to do with it. Just someone wanting to say something about nothing.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Crosby isnt the most toughest player, he gets bullied and rattled alot but is still a good player. Dont say you wouldnt want him on our team, think of it that way before you call him a bish, which he is at times, especially his comments after the game about jimmy howard, and how the it was a good thing the linesmen was there, like crosby was going to knock out all 3 wings surrounding him.