• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#681 The_Cub

The_Cub

Raindrop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

Jimmy earned himself a bunch of new fans around the league tonight. Everything else aside Gonchar was horrid for them tonight.

#682 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

a couple of plastic beer glasses that were thrown at Crosby and the end of the game when he came back to the bench :clap: :yowza:
[/b]

you cant be serious...thats just unclassy. there is no need for that kind of stuff in hockey.
sure you get mad at certain players. but you dont need to show that kind of disrespect towards a player.
regardless if it was crosby or not we dont need that kind of stuff in hockey. ESPECIALLY at the Joe. Stay Classy will you?

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24, 22 March 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#683 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

Just watched the replay of the game, what a game. Pittsburgh are lucky it wasnt 5 or 6 to 1, Miller, Bert and Helm all had some wonderful chances.

#NOMOREKINDL

#684 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

I'm sure I only speak for myself, but I think Ovechkin is an incredibly reckless player and I don't like him at all.

yes you do only speak for yourself. Ovechkin plays the game like it used to be played. You should read a little about Ovechkins background and where that passion comes from. Compare that to Crosby's sheltered ass life. As a matter of fact Datsyuk's background ain't so laid with golden bricks either. That's why I like them - working class guys that managed to rise above. Unlike certain prima donnas.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#685 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

yes you do only speak for yourself. Ovechkin plays the game like it used to be played. You should read a little about Ovechkins background and where that passion comes from. Compare that to Crosby's sheltered ass life. As a matter of fact Datsyuk's background ain't so laid with golden bricks either. That's why I like them - working class guys that managed to rise above. Unlike certain prima donnas.

Well, I mean, Ovechkin is also pretty lucky to have parents that were major athletes as well. He cites them as one of his biggest influences if not the biggest influence. The reason why I say that is because they say he plays so passionate on the ice for his deceased brother.

I think both him and Datsyuk grew up in simple two bedroom maximum flats where they both had to run up the stairs because there simply was no such thing as an elevator.

#686 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

What's even more funny is Z saying, "I knew it was him when I got hit from behind" :lol:

#687 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:49 AM

Great win without Cleary and Eaves!
Absolute domination, and this was off a West coast trip.

Great point. We're normally awful in these games. Maybe the Pens was just what we needed to give us a spark.

And say it quietly boys, but we're within touching distance of 7th!
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#688 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:36 AM

Was Kronwall's hit on Kunitz clean?

#689 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:05 AM

Was Kronwall's hit on Kunitz clean?

Kronwall OBVIOUSLY left his feet like he does EVERY hit. He is just SUCH a cheap and dirty player.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#690 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:33 AM

I just watched the game on tape (DVR)... Fleury certainly did not look all that great. Hank and Filppula looked strong on the puck all night. Perhaps even more remarkable was how crisp the Wings' passing was overall as a team. Lets hope they can keep this kind of pace from here on out!

#691 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:31 AM

Absolutely hilarious that some Pens fans on LGP thought Zetterberg and Howard were taking cheap shots at the end.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#692 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:05 AM

What a doucher Crosby continues to prove he is with that ridiculous disply at the end of the game last night. Once again Z shuts him down, and like clock-work he can't handle it and shows how immature he still is.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#693 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:05 AM

When asked about Zetterberg's ability to contain Crosby, he noted "A lot of guys play you tough," he said. "And, a lot of guys don't have Rafalski and Lidstrom back there."

Nobody pisses Crosby off as well as Zetterberg.

And notice how Crosby whined about Howard after the game. And yes, it was whining.

After the horn, Howard got into the fray and annoyed Crosby. "I don't think that's where he should be," Crosby said. "I don't know what he was doing over there."

Posted Image

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#694 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:40 AM

Watch the replay again, perhaps if Crosby isn't cross checking Z, that vulcanized rubber thing that they bat around (When not using other players backs) was in the slot area right next to where the blade of his stick would have been if he listen to Mickey.

Now at 3-1 with 3 seconds left a goal does them no good, but what would have been a better end to losing a game:

1) scoring in the last second showing the Versus World (the 1/3 of the hockey world that gets versus) that you play until the end, also scoring on the guy who shuts you down often.

2) showing how childish you are and the lack of emotional control you have by pounding on the back of one of the best all around players in the league known for shutting you down on 5-3, 5-4, and ES.

Me I go for option 2, but I am an immature, poor loser, who often times gets under people skin before, during, and after a game, so take that for what it is worth!

Outside sports I am a nice guy though.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#695 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

What's even more funny is Z saying, "I knew it was him when I got hit from behind" :lol:

as if anyone needed another reason to absolutely love zetterberg. crosby...what a joke. id love for z to just obliterate crosby like he did in one of the finals (i can't exactly remember which year) but zetterberg hit crosby by the penalty box i believe by the boards and just totally laid him out. what a wonderful occurrence. they should have it out but crosby fights the same way he complains.

#696 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

as if anyone needed another reason to absolutely love zetterberg. crosby...what a joke. id love for z to just obliterate crosby like he did in one of the finals (i can't exactly remember which year) but zetterberg hit crosby by the penalty box i believe by the boards and just totally laid him out. what a wonderful occurrence. they should have it out but crosby fights the same way he complains.

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#697 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

From Lets Go Pens:

"It's Detroit...the worst city in the world forever.

Detroit fans feel that they're entitled to all things hockey related. They also think that they are hockey gods, incarnated in a horrible town, in order to revive Northern America. People from Detroit aren't the brightest of the bunch. Most are unemployed, and in a state of perpetual drunkenness."

I'm glad that this site is classier than that...
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#698 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Inultus, I am not so sure about that have you read the threads around here today?

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#699 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

From Lets Go Pens:

"It's Detroit...the worst city in the world forever.

Detroit fans feel that they're entitled to all things hockey related. They also think that they are hockey gods, incarnated in a horrible town, in order to revive Northern America. People from Detroit aren't the brightest of the bunch. Most are unemployed, and in a state of perpetual drunkenness."

I'm glad that this site is classier than that...

Every website has idiots. Hell there are idiots everywhere. It's best to just ignore comments like those.

#700 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

i agree with Carmen

this site isn't exactly full of nuns

Posted Image