Puck Daddy: Why nobody wants the Red Wings in Rd 1

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BobL

BobL

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

Pretty funny article... maybe some truth?

Puck Daddy

Edited by BobL, 22 March 2010 - 11:26 AM.

#2 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:37 AM

Eh, these articles are an entertaining read but I won't get excited until the Wings officially make the playoffs.

#3 RedArmy

RedArmy

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

yes pretty funny article, but hopefully wings continue playing with the kind of urgency they have been this past week...

Babcock is a good coach, hopefully the players continues to respond.

#4 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

I for one want them in Round One. :blush:

#5 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

im loving these articles.. haha

#6 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

So it is true, experienced teams like SJ are intentionally tanking while newbie teams like Phoenix thinks the prize is #1 seed :lol:

#7 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

really confident in the wings chances of making the dance. If they get in I feel they can make another deep run for the 4th straight year. Jimmy has given us chances to win games all year and can even steal the occasional one. If the vets step up (which they have) and everyone stays healthy and jimmy continues his solid play I don't see why the wings can't win it all this year. Alot of things will happen over the next 3 months, lets hope thing continue to go the wings way like since the olympic break. Also would like to say that since lilja has been back, the wings are playing like the wings of old
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#8 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

If the vets step up (which they have) and everyone stays healthy and jimmy continues his solid play I don't see why the wings can't win it all this year.

'Win it all' :lol: ... let's not get carried away here. I can't speak for the rest of the folks here but if we get in and go 2 rounds, I'd say that was a good salvage to a horrible season.

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

THis season is winding up much better than it started. Despite fighting for 8th seed I think Detroit can hang with any team in the league. They're getting into playoff mode just in time so that by the time the playoffs start, the rust should all be gone.

We just have to hope that there won't be any bizarre shocks that vault Calgary ahead of us.

Tonight's game will go a long way toward determining how this team will finish. Games are running out and a win against Pittsburgh would be a statement that this team is serious.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#10 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

well this team would have more to prove than the previous two years. we have a rookie goalie, and have had one heck of a rollercoaster season but i think its certainly possible but i believe we would need (offensively speaking) zetterberg, datstyuk and frazen firing on all cylinders.